No announcement yet.

Current gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a 4k telly, get the pro. If not, then get the normal one. Get a 1tb model though.
    I got the PRO and I have a normal HD telly. Still looks better in 1080p that the original PS4.

Always factor in your mod slots.
    Saucy.

Comment

Onto the last level of the Stranger Things game. Good old 80s dungeon fun.

Comment

The Nightfall raids on D2 are bloody tricky.

Comment

Currently on a staycation to use up my annual leave, enjoying a gaming extravaganza. Mario Odyssey, Destiny 2 and Assassin's Creed Origins all great so far. Also looking to finish up Prey and Dishonoured 2.

Comment

I am very jealous.

Comment

I'm now a happy owner of an Xbox One X, and boy does it look nice on my TV. Gears 4 in particular benefits from both the higher resolution and the HDR. Everything runs buttery smooth too. Picked up F1 2017 to have an enhanced racing game (I played a lot of Forza 6 recently, so I'm holding off on 7 until it goes on sale). It's been ages since I played an F1 game, or indeed followed F1 at all, so there's a lot of stuff that's new to me. It's a pretty slick game though.

Comment

Finally joined 300 club on D2. Enforced time off can really help your grind.

Comment

Finished the Zero Dawn DLC. Oh boy some of those Beasties are tough. You need to really adapt your fighting style to batter them. No time for traps and stuff. You have to probe at the baddies and take them out slowly.
                  Good story advancement if a little expositional at times. Sets up a possible story for the sequel too. All in all 8/10.

Comment

The Nightfall raids on D2 are pointlessly fucking hard.

Comment

Oh, and I have "No Man's Sky" wiblfibl, but when I get home, and knackered, I look at the pretty pictures, and possibilities, and end up playing Bejeweled 3. Too old and too tired. It looks stunning.

Comment

I've played Bejeweled 2.

In NMS you can play Creative mode which is basically God mode. Supposed to be a very chilled way to play the game, as is Normal mode when you know what you are doing.

Comment

If you fancy a bit of retro gaming the original MDK is currently available free on Gog.

Comment

You know you're old when MDK doesn't feel retro.

Comment

NMS is currently 60% off on GreenManGaming with an extra 15% Black Friday discount equals £13.60.

Comment

Just finished the HZD DLC, and stepping away from that world for the first time in a couple of months I've started Until Dawn, which is elderly now but was squatting on my hard drive after being the free PSN game a while ago.

Won't take long, looks like my sort of thing thus far (lots of walking about).

Comment

Me and Ms johnr have spent every spare moment this last few weeks playing Breath of the Wild, and I still don't think we've scratched the surface. It is an astonishing piece of work, so much detail, so many puzzles (about 120 apparently), loads of humour and weirdness, memorable bosses and foes, and always 'something to do just round the corner'. It's completely addictive, much more so than anything I've played before.

Until Dawn gets a lot less walking about, and occasionally a bit scary. Great fun; they had it out early on the PS4, I could see that a more polished version could work, down the line.

Comment

I've not dipped back into Zelda since Ocarina of Time. Does the big owl still come along, talk too much, and then spin his head upside down at you?

Comment

Not yet.

There's a korok that does a very funny samba routine, and a parrot that has a nice line in accordian-playing though.

Comment

So Destiny 2 then.
                                        Doesn't exactly ease you in gently, does it?

Comment

How so? I thought the intro sequence was pretty gentle. It certainly doesn't open up a lot of the systems until you're many hours in.

Comment

It made the opening to Halo look like a gentle stroll in the woods.
                                            It was very hectic.

Comment

If you like puzzle-adventure games at all, you owe it to yourself to play Gorogoa. Amazing art, and delightful puzzles.

Comment

We have ordered a switch. It will legitimately be the first console we've ever had in the house. In theory, this is for the 8 year old, so only two games picked it so far: Zelda & Just Dance. Mario Odyssey might be close behind

Fast suggestions for games an 8 year old (and her dad) might like?

Comment

Are we taking Mario Kart as read?

How about Overcooked?
                                                  http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/08...edition-review

Comment

Splatoon 2, Snipperclips, this new Nintendo Labo thing, maybe Mario+Rabbids.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X