No announcement yet.

Current gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirt 4 is now on Xbox Gamepass and I've been enjoying it quite a lot. It's closer to Dirt Rally than the other mainline Dirts, but not quite as hardcore. It also has a fairly thorough "rally academy" to teach you rally racing principles.

Comment

Splatoon 2 is on sale in the eShop. Am I going to cave?

Comment

Do it, it's ace. Especially if you never played the original.

Comment

Need to unpack my ps4 and get it set up. Spider man is out tomorrow and I've only got the xbox up and running upstairs.

Comment

Playing it now. Seems pretty great so far. Reminds me a lot of Spiderman 2, aka the good one, but with decent combat.

Comment

Spiderman looks worth it just for this

Comment

It's pretty good (I'm about half way) but I can't help but think of it as Arkham Spider.
                It is for all intents and purposes Arkham City with a different superhero.

Comment

True enough, but I'm liking the combat more than Arkham, and the city is so much better. The mission design isn't so hot but it wasn't in Arkham City either.

Comment

Spider-man was fine. Too short perhaps but fun.
                    I'm now onto Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It's not a patch on Rise but quite diverting enough.

Comment

I'm almost certainly going to shell out 35 notes for the Destiny 2 "Forsaken" expansion, because that's just how sad I am.

Comment

Fuck's sake. Tomb Raider has got to a point where you have to spend (what feels like) fucking hours creeping around stealthing Trinity twats. With no weapons. Even when you off one of them you don't pick up their weapon, which is the dumbest thing in history.
                        I am so fucking bored of creeping around then getting shot because the only chance you get to get someone gives away your position. JUST GIVE ME A FUCKING RIFLE ALREADY..
                        I'll give it 10 more minutes then it's going in the bin.

Comment

Star Control: Origins

Alien spaceship blasting fun.

Comment

Very much looking forward to RDR2 (though in reality, it'll be a few weeks before me and Ms johnr finish Spiderman - she's obsessed with it - and then The Last of Us 2, AC Odyssey and Tomb Raider might get in the way before we get to RDR, as I only buy secondhand), and this is an overlong but interesting article on the crunch behind it.

I read somewhere else that there's around 500,000 lines of dialogue been written for it. Blimey.

Comment

Spiderman took about 3 days to knock off. Quite short and repetitive, but quite good fun just webbing around.
                              I'm proper looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2. But let's face it, RDR1 was a humourless and dour substandard version of GTA and I'd much rather be looking forward to tooling around in a Tesla knock off, nicking army helicopters in GTA6 than poncing around on a virtual horse bemoaning the end of the American West. Now they've got this cowboy bullshit out the way hopefully Grand Theft Auto will be along in a couple of years.

Comment

The release of RDR2 reminded me that I didn't play the first one, so I bit the bullet (ho ho) and downloaded it from the Xbox store. 3 and a bit hours in and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I'm not sure why hobbes thinks it's dour and humourless, it's already raised several laughs from me; although what humour there is seems as dry as bones in the Rio Grande sun.

I reckon I'll have it finished in time to pick up a cut price version of the sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                  The release of RDR2 reminded me that I didn't play the first one, so I bit the bullet (ho ho) and downloaded it from the Xbox store. 3 and a bit hours in and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I'm not sure why hobbes thinks it's dour and humourless, it's already raised several laughs from me; although what humour there is seems as dry as bones in the Rio Grande sun.

I reckon I'll have it finished in time to pick up a cut price version of the sequel.
                                  If it's your thing, take time to do the travel-on-a-coach cutscene stuff, it can give a great insight into why Marston is who he is, and it's a bit of a meditation on the nature of outlaws too.

Comment

Cheers, johnr, I'll bear that in mind.

Comment

RDR2 is incredible now it's got properly going. The scale of it, and the sheer beauty, was what first struck, but the first chapter or so is basically tutorial. Now we're into the meat of the story it's unputdownable. Some of the things you see as you travel through the world are incredible. I don't want to spoiler it too much, but I reckon even without the main story you've got a game you could waste hours and hours on.

Comment

I'm proper looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2. But let's face it, RDR1 was a humourless and dour substandard version of GTA and I'd much rather be looking forward to tooling around in a Tesla knock off, nicking army helicopters in GTA6 than poncing around on a virtual horse bemoaning the end of the American West. Now they've got this cowboy bullshit out the way hopefully Grand Theft Auto will be along in a couple of years.
                                        I'm still very early in the game, but based on that playtime and various reviews, I think RDR2 is even more skewed to the things in RDR1 that you don't like. I love it (though Rockstar's usual mission design bullshit is getting tired).

Comment

RDR2 does look like a lot of fun.

Comment

I must admit I'm only a couple of side missions out of the snow, but it's quite boring so far. Too much trotting around on a horse with nothing to look at but trees.
                                            I hope it gets more exciting.

Comment

No, that's most of it.

Comment

On the plus side, if it's pointless tootling around you're after, Forza Horizon 4 at least lets you do it in a car rather than on a horse.

Comment

Dear RDR2. Thank you so much for turning off autosave so that when the electrician cut the power earlier you lost 3 days of often very boring galloping about as well as 4 missions.

Comment

Well that was a game that could easily have been 30 hours shorter without losing anything.
                                                    It's like Lord of the fucking Rings.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X