Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle of Britain (CL/ EL Prelim Rounds)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlucky Hoffenheim. I think I might have played against them during my Rhein- Neckar period in the mid-80s.

Back to the big boys and looking forward to Timothy's traditional August humiliation tonight. Art and Media students of Kazakhstan, we salute you.

Comment

They won both their previous ties v Kazakhstan clubs, both 3-2 aggregates, according to Wiki.

Comment

Akinfeev kept a clean sheet last night. Didn't he have some endless record of conceding in the CL?

Comment

I think that ended in the previous round - but it was something impressive like no clean sheets in 11 years.

Comment

Ten through October of last year (and he conceded in every match he played after this piece.)

But yeah, he shut out AEK twice in the prior round, so he's actually going for his fourth in a row in the return against Young Boys.
            Last edited by ursus arctos; 16-08-2017, 14:39.

Comment

FC Utrecht 1-0 Zenit St Petersburg

Quite a scoop, that.

Comment

The heatmap on my live score app doesn't look that great for Lovely Brendan's Famous Sellick. How's she cutting?

Comment

Only saw the first half, but Utrecht were bossing that match.

Zenit's keeper stood on his head repeatedly to keep it scoreless.

I hope the hundreds of robust Russian supporters left town without incident.

Comment

Rijeka are leading Olympiakos in Piraeus at the half.

Comment

Congratulations to the Satanic Deathslayer (I was watching a Lithuanian metal festival on TV last night, when the bands were boring the crowd smeared themselves in blood and threw spears at a tree).

Comment

Ajax 0 Rosenberg; 5 minutes to go.

Comment

You are missing a key detail there, Satch...

Comment

Ajax lost 1-0

OM came back late to draw in Domzale

Fenerbahce lost 2-0 to Vardar in Skopje

Milan romped at home to Shkendija of Macedonia.

Comment

Qarabag through to the group stages

Comment

That's one hell of a goal by Hajduk.

Comment

Europa League draw:

Group A: Villarreal, Maccabi Tel Aviv, FC Astana, Slavia Prague
                                  Group B: Dinamo Kiev, Young Boys, FK Partizan, KF Skënderbeu
                                  Group C: SC Braga, Ludogorets, Hoffenheim, Basaksehir
                                  Group D: AC Milan, Austria Wien, Rijeka, AEK Athens
                                  Group E: Olympique Lyon, Everton, Atalanta, Apollon Limassol
                                  Group F: FC Copenhagen, Lokomotiv Moskow, FC Sheriff, FC Zlin
                                  Group G: Victoria Plzen, FCSB, Hapoel Beer Sheva, Lugano
                                  Group H: Arsenal, Bate Borisov, FC Köln, FK Crvena
                                  Group I: Red Bull Salzburg, Marseille, Victória SC, Konyaspor
                                  Group J: Athletic Bilbao, Hertha BSC, Zorya Luhansk, Östersunds
                                  Group K: Lazio Roma, OGC Nice, Zulte Waregem, Vitesse
                                  Group L: Zenit St. Petersburg, Real Sociedad, Rosenborg, FK Vardar

Comment

Arsenal are playing two former European Cup winners but I have no idea if they should fear them. FC Köln finished 13 points behind Hoffenheim, who were found wanting against Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                      Arsenal are playing two former European Cup winners
                                      Que?

Comment

Well, I don't know about found wanting - they were very good in the first leg and probably deserved a draw. Still, Arsenal should see them off fairly easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                          Que?
                                          Sorry, senior moment, confused Cologne with Hamburg.

Comment

Working...
                                          X