No announcement yet.

The Cowboy Cup 2017/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grimsby v Derby abandoned in the first half at 0-1 due to a waterlogged pitch. They're gamely playing on a few miles away at Glanford Park, with Notts Co in the lead. Cup shock!

Comment

Well that's Shrewsbury's league cup run over.

Comment

Scunny get through 6-5 on pens after being behind, then leading and being pegged back twice. Unlucky County.

"Shocks": Accrington beat Preston 3-2 thanks to a last minute winner from Scunthorpe reject Billy Kee. Newport win 2-0 away at Southend. Carlisle win in extra time at Fleetwood, and Cheltenham do likewise at Oxford.

Special mention for Barnsley, who made heavy weather of beating Morecambe 4-3, having led 2-0 and 3-1. A 95th minute winner avoided extra time, and incidentally landed my treble.
        I notice both Bristol sides played at home (enjoying handsome victories), which was a brave call by the Somerset and Avon 5-0, especially as City had "local" opposition in Plymouth. It's only the league cup I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

I notice both Bristol sides played at home (enjoying handsome victories), which was a brave call by the Somerset and Avon 5-0, especially as City had "local" opposition in Plymouth. It's only the league cup I suppose.
          Argyle sold around 1800 tickets and it's the sort of match that attracts the worst of our support, so while we turned up the team most definitely did not. Absolutely no shots on target. The League Cup is not a good thing for Argyle.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Carabao_Cup/status/895036401389117442?s=09

Comment

In the paper yesterday, AFC Wimbledon v Brentford was the first match listed alphabetically, presumably because the A is a separate word from the F so it beats Accrington. On the official tweet (it seems wrong that Tweets can ber "official" but that's an argument I'm going to lose) it comes second to Accrington. And on the BBC red button we had to scroll all the way done to page 9 of 10 to find the score, which did add pleasantly to the tension. Is there an accepted standard for this?

Comment

Originally posted by shadsworth cloud View Post
                we welcome preston north end to Accrington. Should be a decent crowd and after beating Morecambe, blackpool and burnley last season the quest for Champions of Lancashire continues
                The quest continues.

Comment

Barnet turning Peterborough over should also be considered a surprise, especially as top scorer Akinde is yet to feature this season. Seems as if our 'keeper was mainly responsible for the win, I understand he pulled off at least two outstanding saves.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                    "Shocks": Accrington beat Preston 3-2 thanks to a last minute winner from Scunthorpe reject Billy Kee. Newport win 2-0 away at Southend. Carlisle win in extra time at Fleetwood, and Cheltenham do likewise at Oxford.
                    And we beat Lincoln City. We gave up winning cup games years ago...

Comment

We're only interested in the FA Cup these days...

Comment

Originally posted by colinwasp View Post
                        Barnet turning Peterborough over should also be considered a surprise, especially as top scorer Akinde is yet to feature this season. Seems as if our 'keeper was mainly responsible for the win, I understand he pulled off at least two outstanding saves.
                        Peterborough were mainly responsible for your win by playing like sh1te.

Comment

I know it's only the Carabao Cup but the match between Accrington and Preston last night was a really good game. Accrington went 1-0 in front in the first half but PNE were the better (as in more skilful, more accurate, faster, more precise) team and pushed for an equaliser. However Accrington worked really hard and were very determined. About 20 minutes to go the equaliser duly arrived and we all expected North End to go on and win.
                          However, Accrington came back and went in front again with 6 minutes to go. Cue delirium from the home fans. Just as it seemed a home win was on the cards, another equaliser on 91 minutes. The PNE fans celebrated and we all know what happens next? A 93rd minute winner for Accrington.
                          There was a good atmosphere, the pitch was slightly soggy, 2 local(ish) teams, no school tomorrow and reduced admission. All the sadder then that only 2600 turned up (of which more than half were away fans.
                          There is something really good happening at Accrington but the apathy of the local population does grate a bit...
                          Letsbehavinya!!

Comment

Originally posted by shadsworth cloud View Post
                            There is something really good happening at Accrington but the apathy of the local population does grate a bit...
                            Letsbehavinya!!
                            Stanley's commercial manager joined from Bury. Talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Comment

Thursday night game on Sky - has that happened before in the League Cup?

Comment

I'd just like to say that Justin Shaibu of Brentford is the first ever fourth substitute to come on and score.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                                  Thursday night game on Sky - has that happened before in the League Cup?
                                  Pretty sure it happened last season in the 1st round, but I can't be 100% certain.

I'm genuinely shocked by our result against Oxford, and it looks like we've found a real gem in Mo Eisa, who now has 3 goals in 2 games having signed for Greenwich Borough in the summer.

Villa home or away in the next round please.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                    We're only interested in the FA Cup these days...
                                    Indeed. Plus, you can't expect us to get used to the League Cup again that quickly after being gone for seven years. And in any case we have a long tradition of going out of the League Cup at the first round stage, and we know how important tradition is in football. [Exits thread for hopefully just one year.]

Comment

Blackburn vs Burnley in the second round.

Presumably going to be an 11am kickoff with buses leaving t'Turf at 7am.

Comment

Bolton away. Mehhhhhhhhhhh.

Comment

Middlesbrough away. That looks like a fairly dignified way to exit the competition.

Comment

Carlisle v Sunlun at Brunton Park.

Triffic.

Comment

Away to Brentford... Wait! Home to Brentford... Nah, QPR & BBC say away to Brentford... QPR & Brentford both ask FL where the fuck the game's to be played... Turns out we're home to Brentford after all (but don't hold your breath, it could change again.)

Comment

Can someone explain how this regional divide system works? Wolves are in the Southern section and yet West Brom are in the Northern section.

Comment

West Ham away at home.

Definitely the best draw we could get. My uncle was a West Ham fan when younger as well so this is his dream tie.

Comment

Brighton. Think it's at Brighton.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X