No announcement yet.

South Africa in England (and Wales), 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He sounds like a bustling midfielder for Tottenham.

That was the first dismissal for obstructing the field in a T20 international.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
      I have never heard of Liam Livingstone. I'm officially out of touch wiv da (T20) kidz
      Saw him hit an absolutely enormous six off Adil Rashid at Headingley in the Championship last season. He's good.

England making harder work of winning this match than they should.

Comment

Looks like it's slipping away now to be honest

Comment

Cardiff gets a decider.

Comment

I'm not sure that I will have recovered from Bumble's Sweet Caroline sing-song by then.

Had he gotten into the cider?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
              There's a collector's item!
              Not that rare :

Comment

Highlights of the T20 decider as England took the series win.

5 minutes: https://www.ecb.co.uk/tv/423450
                60 minutes (probably UK only): https://www.my5.tv/cricket-on-5/season-2017/episode-8

Didn't catch it live but there seems to be more comment about the fact that Morgan dropped himself, and didn't use Overton at all in three matches, than on the game itself.

Comment

The fielding in the stands at both Taunton and Cardiff was appalling. At least we held on to two of ours at the Rose Bowl.

Of the four new ones, I can see Curran and Crane becoming England regulars. I know I'm being far too harsh judging Livingstone on just the two England games, but every time I've seen him at county level he hasn't impressed either, so I'll stick with that. And I've assumed for several years that Malan must not be English, simply because I was sure he'd have had a game by now if he was. He's proved my high opinion of him to be right, but at 29 I can't see them treating him as anything but a stopgap.

Comment

Malan is British born, but South African raised.

Comment

Two tickets available @ £40 (can sell singly) for the test match at Lord's next Saturday. Our party is in the Mound stand lower. I will be offering a salad bar and Mike ex of Kent League stalwarts will provide expert analysis. PM if interested

Comment

England apparently using two spinners in the first Test, with Moeen Ali and Liam Dawson both picked. Ballance has also been recalled.

England: Alastair Cook (Essex), Keaton Jennings (Durham), Gary Ballance (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire, capt), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire, wk), Ben Stokes (Durham), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Liam Dawson (Hampshire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), James Anderson (Lancashire). Mark Wood (Durham)

South Africa (probable): Dean Elgar (capt), Heino Kuhn, Hashim Amla, JP Duminy, Temba Bavuma, Theunis de Bruyn, Quinton de Kock (wk), Vernon Philander, Keshav Maharaj, Kagiso Rabada, Morne Morkel

Comment

England are batting first.

Comment

E10 is doing the OBO for The Graun.

Comment

Cook gone. Shittit.

Comment

Blowers starts his shift on TMS. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

Ah, flipping heck.

Comment

That second wicket wasn't out. Fractionally pitched outside leg.

England have 5 left handers in the top 7.

Comment

Root has been given two lives. Missed catches lose matches.

Comment

Cricinfo is comparing Rabada's action to one of the bowlers in mine and Tubby's avatars. Initials M.A.H.

Comment

Sacrilege

Comment

Good recovery. This Root chap isn't bad. Mind you, given that England captains now always score a ton on their first test, they should go back to 1984 style revolving captaincy.

Comment

Much debate about the colour, knit and depth of V neck of England's jumpers on TMS today.

Personally it's the kit below that seems to have changed to me, more cream than the harsh Persil white of recent seasons.

Comment

How many overs are we likely to complete today? Do they have to get to 90?

I see 100 as a desirable minimum, given that this is what you get from an ODI.

Comment

They stop at 6.30 regardless. They won't get anywhere near 90

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                                    Much debate about the colour, knit and depth of V neck of England's jumpers on TMS today.

Personally it's the kit below that seems to have changed to me, more cream than the harsh Persil white of recent seasons.
                                                    Looks that way, yeah, which means they've got white sweaters and quite a deep hue of cream for the shirts. They look like a school team with such mismatched colours.

The Channel 5 highlights have just shown Pietersen watching. Wonder who he was supporting?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X