Tim Farron retires to spend more time with his homophobia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah.

I was too soft on him up there. Apologies for that.

Comment

I don’t know where to put it but I wanted to check if this (from Farron in an article in some Christian publication) was quite as batshit crazy as it read to me

...atheism is not the absence of belief, it is a belief in absence and therefore the absence of common values. It's a belief in there being no unifying truth. But if there is no unifying truth then, by its own standard, the belief that there is no unifying truth must also be bogus. If you declare that there is no unifying truth then it stands to reason that this declaration isn't true either. Ergo, atheism doesn't exist. And I refuse to believe in something that doesn't exist.

Comment

My head hurts

Comment

Shows your working Farron. And he said Ergo, so it must be true. Sounds like the laughable antagonist in Matrix 2 more than some Cambridge Ontologist but. A true philosophe, now sadly lost to the National Stage, thanks to PC gone mad.

Comment

He seems to have confused atheism with moral relativism. Lenin was an atheist but I don't think he believed "there is no absolute truth." His absolute truth simply had no God in it.

Comment

Does a "belief in absence" mean absence of all things then?

Woah, mind blown. (as my daughter would say in this instance)

Comment

Would love to know that phrase in Hungarian

Comment

She says it in English along with all the other phrases that come from memes. The most irritating being "illuminati confirmed" every time she sees anything vaguely triangular

Comment

..atheism is not the absence of belief, it is a belief in absence and therefore the absence of common values.
                    Wrong, and therefore from that point onwards anything relying on that premise is a load of bollocks.

Comment

He's still a dick, then.

Comment

I was wondering whether, should Ms Adhoc join the British Labour Party- would it be the Corbynite or Magyarite wing?

(terrible puns in other languages I don't speak are available)

Comment

Gone way over my head I'm afraid

Comment

Magyar-ite pron. 'mod-yer-ate'?

{gets coat}

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              The most irritating being "illuminati confirmed" every time she sees anything vaguely triangular
                              Same over here, if that's any consolation.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                Magyar-ite pron. 'mod-yer-ate'?

{gets coat}
                                Ah. Pron would be closer to mod-your-ite (or actually mod-your-eetay

Comment

Just in case there was any doubt:
                                  https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ay-sex-not-sin

Comment

“It’s tricky really. In the end, if you’re a Christian you’ve got a very clear idea of what you think a sin is. It is us falling short of the glory of God. That is something that all of us share,” he said.

“To be asked that question is to persecute one group of human beings, because sin is something we are all guilty of. If you’re not a Christian, what does sin mean? It’s to be accused of something, it’s condemnatory. We’re talking different languages.
                                    Farron in "we are all sinners" shocker. String the bastard up.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far, but my word, what a dickhead. Too much milk softens the brain.

Comment

He's a lying homophobic shit.

Comment

https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/sta...18188326129664

Comment

Incompetent politician and sanctimonious prick. Ideal leader of that party

Comment

Man, the pricks replying.

Comment

Working...
                                              X