X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM sent, thanks.
    LS, I don't block anybody on here.

Comment

Trying to post a picture directly from Twitter - link works fine, but putting it in the picture button just produces a blank page?

Comment

Does the link end in jpg?

Comment

No, it's just posted on an a/c, will send you a PM to show.

Comment

That's why it won't show. The link has to end in one of the accepted extemsions.

I find that sometimes I need to open the photo in a browser and then copy the link to get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              That's why it won't show. The link has to end in one of the accepted extemsions.

I find that sometimes I need to open the photo in a browser and then copy the link to get it to work.
              All sorted now!

Comment

Glad to hear that it worked

Comment

Is there a way to amend/change my username?

I've finally tired of the weird mutation caused by caron on the 's'

Comment

Drop me a PM with your preferred name and I’ll change it.

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

This is going to sound exceedingly dumb, but how do I put in a link with some text rather than just the pure URL? When I hit the link button it only offers a field for the URL, not for any text. Not sure if that's a bug or if I'm missing something.

I used to be able link https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football]like this[/url] but it doesn't work anymore. Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
                          This is going to sound exceedingly dumb, but how do I put in a link with some text rather than just the pure URL? When I hit the link button it only offers a field for the URL, not for any text. Not sure if that's a bug or if I'm missing something.

I used to be able link https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football]like this[/url] but it doesn't work anymore. Many thanks!
                          Not dumb at all. I don't know how to do it either.

Comment

That particular feature hasn't been working reliably for a while

Comment

Are you doing (url=www.theurl.com/pageofinterest)The text you want people to click on(/url) but square brackets not normal?

Comment

My text here

[URL="https://www.bing.com"]My text here[/URL]

For more reference - https://www.onetouchfootball.com/hel...e/bbcode_links
                                Last edited by Snake Plissken; 27-07-2020, 12:47.

Comment

Yeah, it works fine for me. The easy way, JM, is just to do the link as normal, which will produce this in your comment box:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football

Note that the link is already 'active' (i.e. blue, and therefore pointing to the URL you've set) before you've even hit 'Post Reply'. So if I delete e.g. all but the first character of the above, it looks like this
                                  h
                                  – but that doesn't change that it's still linking to the same page.

So as long as you don't delete the whole thing in one go (which removes the hyperlink entirely, obviously), you can simply delete and retype whatever bits of the URL you like, and so change it to e.g.
                                  BBC Football index

Comment

Ah, thanks both!

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                    [URL="https://www.bing.com"]My text here[/URL]
                                    It's the speech marks that have been added on this version of the board. Working fine now.

Originally posted by JM Footzee View Post
                                    To be clear, I was putting "(url=" (except with a square bracket) before this link, but it was being formatted away.
                                    Last edited by JM Footzee; 27-07-2020, 15:52.

Comment

As was I.

Thanks to all.

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but today using my normal laptop to access OTF - I don't have any options for different fonts, italics, quotes, links, bullets etc I cannot quote another users post I cannot clear my notifications Is it just me or are they really after me?

Comment

My last 2 posts have given a blanks screen with {"nodeId":2332541} When I go to a thread and click to go to the last post on a page, it just goes to the top of the page.

Comment

Sounds like you have more serious issues, but on text formatting have you clicked on the box with the underscored capital A at the top right of the reply box?

Unchecking that box (which can happen inadvertently) removes almost all of the text formatting options from display.

Comment

Sounds like something is blocking things somewhere on your device - Antivirus, browser shields or something.

If you are using Chrome or similar, press F12, click the Console tab and see if there are any loading errors going on.

Comment

Thanks both. Its my work laptop so may be something I have to live with as these things are pretty tightly screwed down. My mobile and tablet are fine though.

Comment

I can log-in at work but at home I get asked for password but the password is never accepted. The dropdown box stays red as it is if isn't even reading what is entered.

My issue at work is whenever I try to go back from a page to the index it sends me back to the page I am in, scrolling me to the foot of the page. Then I have to click Go To Top, then Today's Post - and always end up back on page 1.

Comment

Accidentally logged out of work laptop and now cannot login. Got an error when using the reset function. Snake Plissken can you reset me manually please and mail me the new details. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X