No announcement yet.

Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seem to get a lot of spam accounts listed as members at the bottom of the board. Mad combinations of words or consonants or the just plain obvious like adultoysexcom.

Comment

Signups are approved by WSC admins, so they get blocked at that point and barred from posting.. They still appear at the bottom of the page as newest member though, which is annoying.

Every so often I’ll clear out the unapproved ones.

Comment

Is it a bug that there's one user who's name doesn't let you click on it when they are the last poster on a thread, to take you to the last (most recent) post?

Comment

Possibly. Which user?

Comment

Berba. Whenever he's the last poster on a thread, I can't click on that "click here to get to the last post on the thread" thing from the New Posts page.

Comment

Like this

Ok that didn't work, hang on

Comment

Yeah!

Comment

Do you use the What's New page to list the latest topics?

Comment

I use "New Posts".

Comment

Hey Snake.

Those 'last post' issues seem to be sorted Thank you. Is there a function to get you to the last post of a thread, whilst actually within the thread?

Comment

This is inelegant, but one can scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the last page number and then scroll down again.

Comment

Not sure if this is technically a bug or what, but I have found that when i go to the last post on a thread, and then realise that there is conversation I've missed on the previous page, I use the buttons at the top or bottom of the page to go to the previous page of the thread. So far, so good. However, when I finish that page if I click the back button on my browser (Chrome on both laptop and android phone) then I actually return to the top of the page I'm on, and then a second click takes me to the home/index page again. I don;t even know how that is possible, but it's definitely a thing. (Obviously if I remember before hand I can simply click through thread pages using the buttons, but my natural unthinking process is to click back to go back to the page I was on before this on)

Comment

My Brexit post at 16:18 is showing as the last post on my World homepage

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              Not sure if this is technically a bug or what, but I have found that when i go to the last post on a thread, and then realise that there is conversation I've missed on the previous page, I use the buttons at the top or bottom of the page to go to the previous page of the thread. So far, so good. However, when I finish that page if I click the back button on my browser (Chrome on both laptop and android phone) then I actually return to the top of the page I'm on, and then a second click takes me to the home/index page again. I don;t even know how that is possible, but it's definitely a thing. (Obviously if I remember before hand I can simply click through thread pages using the buttons, but my natural unthinking process is to click back to go back to the page I was on before this on)
                              OK, having looked into this. The forum doesn't reload pages when you click the page, it reloads the content on the page. So by clicking the back button in the browser you are hitting a browser cache issue there, really. (I have heard that Google is going to do something about the Back button in Chrome because most sites run like this now.)

Comment

I've just started to have an issue on my iPad where beginning to type a reply results in the keypad entirely obscuring the Reply box.

It was fine before, and seems to be happening no matter what style I choose.

I wondered if I have inadvertently toggled an iOS setting, in part because it isn't happening on my Android phone.

Comment

It appears that holding down the Keyboard button and choosing “Undock” fixes this, though the keyboard now appears above the Reply box.

Comment

I don't have an up to date iPad to test this with - is it on iOS 12?

Comment

12.1.1 yes, though I see that 12.1.3 is available so I will try that and report back.

Comment

Hmm.

It seems to be a Chrome issue. Still happens in Chrome under 12.1.3, but not in Safari or Firefox.

Comment

Not a bug as such, and I apologise if it's mentioned elsewhere, but I can't find a link to the WSC site. Given there's a link from there to here, and many posters will have found their way here from there, and also that this site uses the WSC logo, it seems reasonable that there should be a link from this site.

Comment

That is a very good point. I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              Hmm.

It seems to be a Chrome issue. Still happens in Chrome under 12.1.3, but not in Safari or Firefox.
                                              Sigh. Remember when Big Bad Microsoft broke the web with IE?

Comment

"last post" on the home page is appearing incorrectly, for me anyway. For the Football forum the last post displayed is the last post in the women's world cup sub-forum though there are more recent post in the main football forum

Comment

Yeah, the indexer gets stuck. I’m trying to remember how I fixed it last time.

Comment

Indexer for the Brexit thread is broken again. Last post showing at 2am yesterday, brings me back to second last page when I click into it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X