No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great posts today, nice to see both the MLX and Brythonnic up and running.

About formations I'm running 3 across the Zeugma Franchise, 4-4-2, 3-5-2 and 4-5-1. I'm also an academy only player across my established teams with the occasional purchase. I've also tried to run a conveyor belt system for defence and attack with an eye on average age too. It's become very long term but generally I'm enjoying all of my teams.

Comment

There's a possibility Hammerpot could win promotion despite a paltry home record of 2-6-1, which would have seen us comfortably relegated if it weren't for an away record of 5-1-2 (with one to play). Bizarre.

Comment

Sits and VA - thanks for the comments and advice.

Comment

I'm taking a moment to big up my Heineken team - Yarra Valley Aelwyd - who have managed to achieve promotion out of Division 10 after spending 9 seasons in there - with 3 games to go, a squad that was the 8th strongest, the 9th most valuable and still achieved the best points total in the history of the club, with two games still to go. Self-induced Guzman! to the boys.

The rest of my teams are shit, mind.

Comment

Excellent work VT. I think nine seasons in one division matches Gloucester Old Spots' tenure in Division 9. Hang on <checks> No! It was ten seasons!

Do not copy this.

Comment

In other news, prompted by yesterday's discussions, i decided its's high time I tried a youth only team. Nakuru Warthogs in the J4GL are very much at a formative stage so seem a good choice. Don't need a player right now but I'll try it from now on.

Comment

Think I'll have to go the youth route with Nyth Wobbegong in the Brythonnic. Of our 16 man squad (SQUAD!!) Jebediah Tench and Digance Dredfull both retire at the end of the season, the latter to pursue some dream of being a guitar-wielding funny-man allegedly, we have two 34 year old midfielders (Petty and Cramp, which sums them up nicely) and keeper Ethelred Higgins is now 32. With just over 3m econs in the piggy-bank, am not going to be able to buy my way out of this. The problem is also compounded by our youth academy, which has a 250k investment, yielding such stars as the recent 20/5 midfielder who was unsurpisingly binned off.

Comment

Great work VT!

I notice today that the site's security certificate has expired - meaning a warning pops up when you try to access via HTTPS. It's safe to continue, but it does seem to be breaking many of the images (logos, shirts etc). So well done there, site owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                    In other news, prompted by yesterday's discussions, i decided its's high time I tried a youth only team. Nakuru Warthogs in the J4GL are very much at a formative stage so seem a good choice. Don't need a player right now but I'll try it from now on.
                    Hang on Sits, do you mean 'build a squad composed entirely of kids' or 'stop buying in players and rely entirely on the youth academy'? That's two rather different notions, so I'm intrigued which one you mean. I'd have assumed the latter, in context, but you never know.

I was looking at your Nyth squad earlier Foxy and saw you're about to be blighted with retirements. Will be a shame to see the midfield trio of Dredfull, Petty and Cramp broken up, though was quite surprised to realise they're all getting on a bit. It seems like only yesterday I received your batch of name-change requests and begged you not to change Darius Petty's because that sounded to me like a perfectly marvellous Framleyshire name already.

Rædfearne Island thoroughly surprised me this past season, in how my younger players responded to me selling off two of our veteran midfielders in midseason – i.e. they didn't bat an eyelid at me suddenly drastically weakening and youthifying the side and instead surged to the Second Division East title. We are looking a bit too youthful overall to do well in the top flight next season, but we'll see how it goes.

Comment

Have they changed the site or something? My computer is claiming that the site is unsecure (this is due to my connection, which is unsecure because it's a shared hospital connection (yes, I'm still in bloody hospital) but this is the first time I've had a problem with X11) so I've got no way of logging in (if it's insecure it doesn't give me a choice to log in anyway)

Comment

See SdR's post above. They haven't updated their security certificate.

Comment

Ah, see that post now. Unfortunately I don't get given the option to proceed, possibly because if there is a problem, it screws up the hospital's whole network, not just my PC?

Comment

Possibly. On my PC I can proceed by choosing the "advanced" option, but that may not be available for you.

Hope you make a full and speedy recovery, pebble, it seems months that you've been in hospital now.

Comment

Think it is working properly again

Comment

Yes, it's back to normal now - although I had to reload several times to see it change.

Comment

VA - of course it’s juniors from now on at the Warthogs not from the ground up - I don’t reall do “radical”.

Hang in there Pebble.

Comment

Yes, what's the prognosis pebble?

Comment

That sort of sounded like a philosopher's stone or something, didn't it?

Comment

I dunno, it reminded me of this.

In unexpected news, Pat Pending has just made his first ever post, on the Best Music for Closing Credits thread.

Top lurking Pat.

Comment

His first post was certainly pending for a long while then.

Do we think it's the same Pat Pending?

Comment

It is. To be fair, although fundamentally a lurker, I have posted occasionally under other incarnations in the past.

Comment

Yes, working for me now, although I'm going to be screwed when my X11 runs out next week, as I can't renew on the unsecure connection. And for the record, I've now been in here three and a half months. 15 weeks. Quarter of a SODDING YEAR!

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                                Yes, working for me now, although I'm going to be screwed when my X11 runs out next week, as I can't renew on the unsecure connection. And for the record, I've now been in here three and a half months. 15 weeks. Quarter of a SODDING YEAR!
                                                Is that your VIP pebblethefish? If so I'll happily help you out.

Comment

Good call AE.

PM Pebble.

Comment

In other news, Gloucester Old Spots' and Royal Atlantis' far-fetched dreams of the Heineken title were snatched away earlier this evening as respective 1-1 draws saw Strumpet City reassert their lead to four points with one to play.

It was fun while it lasted. And as we used to say when we played Dungeins &a Dragons at school "think of the experience!"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X