X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exciting times in the Utsires then!

So having shared a supposedly brilliant squad management tool (short names!!!) my ego has been been brought down to earth with a thud.

It's not quite up there with Kakanui KuneKune's star midfielder Julian Silwerberg, sacked after 18 minutes by mistake. But it's pretty good.

Went to set tactics for Les Sangliers' Round 1 tie against Sandringham Park Rovers; what's this? Only four midfielders instead of five to pick from? Where is new signing, 33-year-old Eloise Acombe? Only joined the squad a couple of days ago.

Ah. She's a midfielder. A midfielder immediately surplus to requirements. Nice wheeler dealing Sits.

Comment

Are you still mixing up your defenders and your midfielders Sits? "Only four midfielders instead of five to pick from?" You meant defenders??

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
        Exciting times in the Utsires then!

So having shared a supposedly brilliant squad management tool (short names!!!) my ego has been been brought down to earth with a thud.

It's not quite up there with Kakanui KuneKune's star midfielder Julian Silwerberg, sacked after 18 minutes by mistake. But it's pretty good.

Went to set tactics for Les Sangliers' Round 1 tie against Sandringham Park Rovers; what's this? Only four midfielders instead of five to pick from? Where is new signing, 33-year-old Eloise Acombe? Only joined the squad a couple of days ago.

Ah. She's a midfielder. A midfielder immediately surplus to requirements. Nice wheeler dealing Sits.
        I've made that mistake. When new signing Ana Marian turned up for training at Holkham Forest for the first time a few seasons back, the management team were surprised to discover she was a striker because they had been intending to buy a midfielder. Mind you, after 9 goals in 66 games, we made 3m econ profit on her in the end, so it wasn't a complete disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
          Are you still mixing up your defenders and your midfielders Sits? "Only four midfielders instead of five to pick from?" You meant defenders??
          He did. He now has 9 (NINE) midfielders to pick from.

Comment

For quite a while now, Xpert Eleven has felt like a chore to me. I have decided to cut back on the number of teams, to see if that helps.

In 53 days, my VIP runs out, and I am not planning to renew. That implies that I have to leave the VIP leagues. Hence, at the end of their current seasons, I am stepping down from both De Stroppendragers in the J4GL (season ends around mid-April) and my most successful team by a country mile, Iko Ka Kansai in MLX (regular season ends early April). So if anybody reading this would be interested in getting involved in MLX: at the start of April, one of the original twenty teams will become available for takeover. They've won the MLX title twice and the cup once, so you have some history to bask in, plus some amazing bespoke VA Sports kits to wear.

I find that I am having by far the most fun with X11, when I am in a league with many other OTFers. The interaction with you lot is loads better than the interaction with average X11 players (occasionally I visit the X11 forum, and the atmosphere is grim). So for the time being, I will keep the Kneebiters and Märkische Mädels. I am on the fence about Lokomotiv Leiden; maybe I'll rebrand them into IKK Redux. I will step down from my official team Eintracht Eindhoven too; since they play in the Dream League, a takeover is probably not very attractive to other OTFers.

Couple of positive notes to end on: I would like to thank HORN for writing up the match reports on the OTF league waaaaaaay back in the day. Those writeups made me want to join the OTF league, which we finally did in season 22 (October 2015; it's been a while). And finally, I would probably have thrown in the towel much sooner if it weren't for the continuing brilliance of VA's bespoke kit designs. VA, thank you; the kits have made the game much more enjoyable to me.

Comment

Sorry to see you cutback Smallcaps, I understand why and have thought about it a few times. HORN pops in a few times and his write ups kept me going at the beginning so can see why they attracted you. The bespoke kits of VA were one of the reasons I was tempted into the VIP option. I'd also add my thanks to Sean who, imho, brought a level of competition into the game that wasn't there before.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                For quite a while now, Xpert Eleven has felt like a chore to me. I have decided to cut back on the number of teams, to see if that helps.

In 53 days, my VIP runs out, and I am not planning to renew. That implies that I have to leave the VIP leagues. Hence, at the end of their current seasons, I am stepping down from both De Stroppendragers in the J4GL (season ends around mid-April) and my most successful team by a country mile, Iko Ka Kansai in MLX (regular season ends early April). So if anybody reading this would be interested in getting involved in MLX: at the start of April, one of the original twenty teams will become available for takeover. They've won the MLX title twice and the cup once, so you have some history to bask in, plus some amazing bespoke VA Sports kits to wear.

I find that I am having by far the most fun with X11, when I am in a league with many other OTFers. The interaction with you lot is loads better than the interaction with average X11 players (occasionally I visit the X11 forum, and the atmosphere is grim). So for the time being, I will keep the Kneebiters and Märkische Mädels. I am on the fence about Lokomotiv Leiden; maybe I'll rebrand them into IKK Redux. I will step down from my official team Eintracht Eindhoven too; since they play in the Dream League, a takeover is probably not very attractive to other OTFers.

Couple of positive notes to end on: I would like to thank HORN for writing up the match reports on the OTF league waaaaaaay back in the day. Those writeups made me want to join the OTF league, which we finally did in season 22 (October 2015; it's been a while). And finally, I would probably have thrown in the towel much sooner if it weren't for the continuing brilliance of VA's bespoke kit designs. VA, thank you; the kits have made the game much more enjoyable to me.
                It'll be a real shame to see you step away from MLX, IKK have been one of the central teams in the league since it began and certainly one of the fixtures I always look forward to. Should you change your mind, I'd be delighted but if not there will always be a place for you if ever you want to return. In fact, you should expect to be subject to the same level of jibes and "subtle" hints that Kev receives when he appears on thread.

Comment

Oh no Wouter, I'm gutted both personally and as CEO of VA Sports, for whom Smallcaps Shinkickers Inc have always been one of our best customers. I'm very glad you'll keep the Kneebiters and the Mädels, and I do hope you'll keep Leiden as I really want to see as many of us OTFers as possible make it to the top in the Heineken. I'll regret not being able to pit Mars Rovers against De Stroppendragers again though, having spent one season together recently, and as you're making a good go of the Championship currently it'll be a pity not to see them in the top flight. It's also a shame to see you step down from Eintracht Eindhoven after six and a half years in charge, when they're at as high a level as they've ever reached to date, as well.

You'll be particularly sorely missed in MLX though, not least for the sublime madness of IKK's press releases. Iko Ka Kansai are one of those names who always feel like a Big Club to me, there's invariably a frisson of excitement whenever we're paired up with you, so I'll miss that too. I see the original Ico kits are back in place for this season, by the way!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, all!

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                    I see the original Ico kits are back in place for this season, by the way!
                    Yes. I love them all, but these are the magnificent classics.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                      In fact, you should expect to be subject to the same level of jibes and "subtle" hints that Kev receives when he appears on thread.
                      I think I can handle that. Kev and I should start a X11 withdrawal support group, and if we do, I imagine Toucans and Platypodes will be involved.

Comment

This is the end, beautiful friend, the end. Of the X11 Official Ladies League. But what else is there, I ask you? Apart from the play-offs tomorrow, of course...

Code:
                        Division 2b

Viking South Utsira	3 - 2	Van Helsings GLS
                        Fevereiro 4'			Alkuaz 58', (pen) 72'
                        Quental 34'
                        Fudida 55'

Division 4h

Cicada WFC 		1 - 2	Drakaina
                        Panagoulis 43'			Atum (pen) 4'
                        				Winter 88'

Division 4i

Hammer Throwers 	0 - 3	Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                        				Mahony 6'
                        				Wostijn 75', 78'

Division 4k

Glada Märsta Ladies 	3 - 0	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                        Krutberg 1'
                        Ljungvik 17'
                        Hammander 66'

Division 5:16

LNWR Locomotive		3 - 1	San Francisco 69ers
                        Hutson 49', 21'			Puñal 52'
                        Giragosian 91'

Division 6:4

Djuped BK 		2 - 0	Erbil
                        Acevedo  55'
                        Allegro 83'

Division 6:39

Landskrona Ladies 	0 - 6	Sockford Emollient
                        				True 2'
                        				Parks 12'
                        				Conrad 16', 40'
                        				Antonellini 26'
                        				Haraldsen 53'

Division 6:41

Invisible Ladies	0 - 3	Cleckheaton Athletic
                        				Musgrove 13'
                        				Higgins 66'
                        				Jane Elliot 93'

Division 6:42

Mariebergs IK 		0 - 2	Witches of Chiswick
                        				Altstrand 13'
                        Medina (sent off) 80'		Beja 75'

Pegasus Girls 		0 - 5	Solent Sirens
                        				Stieglecker 5', 31'
                        				de Beauvoir 9', 49'
                        				Norling 70'

Division 6:56

Menywod Maeshafn	0 - 0	Femme Fatale FC

Division 6:57

Dublin City Womens FC 	5 - 0	Queens 2.0
                        McAteer 22', 62'
                        Isabel Carreto 29'
                        Kamide 73', 85'

Division 6:62

Csiki Girls		4 - 1	SC Agroi
                        Clevan 1'			de Almeida 11'
                        McInns 56', 79'
                        Igreja 82'

Division 7:27

girls de charneca	6 - 0	S. C. Leiria e Marrazes
                        Bell 24'
                        Sales 28'
                        Áláfinesse (pen) 42'
                        Fetele 51'
                        Campos 66'
                        Raquel Pedroso 83'

Division 7:56

ASPX LADIES 		0 - 4	AFC Beloved of Inanna
                        				Calleja 3'
                        				Steck (pen) 30'
                        				Sehlstedt 52', 63'
                        Viking South Utsira’s end-of-season fate not only depended on their match with Van Helsings GLS but also with the simultaneous meeting of third-placed The Liver FC and leaders Mighty Aphrodite.
                        The pre-match situation had The Blood Eagles second, three points behind the Greek Goddesses but with the same goal difference, meaning a VSU win and Aphrodite defeat would elevate the North Sea Islanders to the title, whilst also only three points ahead of The Liver FC, though with a noticeably better goal difference. That meant that the combination of a Liver win and Viking defeat leading to The Blood Eagles missing out on the play-offs was unlikely. But not impossible...
                        All three teams involved showed the hue of resolution, going all out to keep their natives happy, all the while trying to keep any cast of thought insufficiently bright from their minds. For Velvet Android’ side this meant going rapidly in front and building on that to lead 3-0 by the 55th minute thanks to strikes from the experienced and reliable trio of Magda Fevereiro (4 mins), Lurdes Quental (34) and Manuças Fudida.
                        An enterprise of great pitch and moment, but once three up Viking’s concentration wavered and the currents threatened to try awry as Van Helsings (who needed a result in their relegation scrap) pulled first one and then two goals back. The second of these arrived with still around 20 minutes to play, if one includes stoppage time. However The Blood Eagles survived this fraught period to get the win they desired.
                        That secured at least the Division 2b play-off place, but would it bring the title? It looked possibly for 70-odd minutes, but then two late goals for Aphrodite (the first coming seconds apart from Van Helsing’s second) secured them the title. Play-offs it is, then. And a game against Barbed Barbies (OFFS) of Division 2d.

Two points and a goal difference tipped the wrong way were all that separated Drakaina from the drop zone ahead of their game at already relegated Cicada WFC.
                        The opening half was one-way traffic, all directed at the Cicada net. Silvia Atum gave the Greek side a 4th minute lead from the spot and it appeared just a matter of time before they added to it. But that ignored the unbreakable law of the ex-player. In this case that was Adonia Panagoulis, sold before the start of this season following 43 matches and 7 goals as a Dragon. Panagoulis had not been having a good time at Cicada, her previous fifteen appearances producing just one point from an assist, but obviously when presented with a chance just before the interval, she scored to level things up.
                        Things went from bad to worse just after half-time when defender Roseanne Beattie was stretchered off with a horrible 26-day injury. However this would prove the low point of the game for Etienne’s side, who regrouped, made some more chances and got their noses back in front once and for all in the 88th minute through Grace Winter.
                        Winter’s goal meant Drakaina had survived off their own efforts, though their fans had long since relaxed, safe in the knowledge that Pinkie Pie were stuffing relegation rivals Cataluna Cats (it finished 0-5). The final day results saw The Dragons fourth in the final Division 4h table.

Coxy Ladies Wulpen were also looking for a positive result to avoid the drop, though in their case they had coped a serious break as opponents and direct relegation rivals Hammer Throwers manager (in charge since 2010) had been sacked in absentia four days before the fixture after he had been AWOL for nearly a month.
                        What The Waders needed was an early strike to settle their nerves, and that is precisely what they got, Moreen Mahony swirling in a direct free-kick after just six minutes. Janik’s side continued to hold the whip hand after that, but it took until fifteen minutes from time for a second to arrive. However once Aurelie Wostijn had the taste she was up for seconds scoring again on 78 minutes.
                        Victory meant survival in Division 4i as The Waders finished fourth, the first time they have avoided relegation at this level.

It’s been a tough old season for Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC, one manager SeanoftheShed was presumably glad to see the back of when as his team wrapped things up at Glada Märsta Ladies.
                        The Spirits of the Sea actually came in having won their previous game, shockingly upsetting a promotion chasing side. However within seconds that was forgotten as the hosts went in front, adding a killer second on 17 minutes. Glada Märsta made it three after the break, but that was just frippery as the outcome was already known at this point.
                        The final notable incident rather summed up The Sea Goddesses season, Tia Farisy having a goal chalked off. No-one at the Merapi-Kraton-South Sea ground will be sorry to depart Division 4k.

LNWR Locomotive are also leaving a Division in the wrong direction after their relegation from 5:16 was confirmed the previous week. The only thing remaining to them was giving a beating to San Francisco xxers as some partial pay-back on their overtly sexualised name.
                        The first half was close to a non-event, things only flickering into life after the break when the sides exchanged goals. Kaitlyn Hutson had scored the first of these two, and she also put The Steamers back in front on 67 minutes when she headed home a corner. There was one more goal for Viktor Boskovic’s side and it was a notable one, young midfielder Tamar Giragosian getting her first goal in senior Football.
                        The win lifted Locomotive to the galling finishing spot of sixth, three points adrift of safety.

Comment

Erbil knew they were waving goodbye and moving on up prior to their game at Djuped BK. The question for Jdsx’s side was whether they could do so with a 100% record.
                          It wasn’t going to be easy, what with Djuped having finished as runners-up, well clear of third. This was always the toughest fixture Erbil were going to face in Season 50. And the task became harder still when key defender Ana Isabel Baia was carried off with a horrible 26-day injury midway through the first half, to be replaced by a 4-skill youngster. There was also a minor knock for captain and strongest midfielder Alanza Solaun, and though she soldiered on the impact on Erbil’s effectiveness proved decisive as they shipped two second half goals to end on a somewhat flat note. The defeat also cost them the overall Division 6 title, as no side ended 100%.
                          But let’s not be too negative, here. As well as topping the Division 6:4 table proper, Erbil were also the winners or joint winners of the points (Sandra Brundin, 19), Goals (also Brundin, 13), Assists (Solaun, 9) and X11 selection statistical categories (Saga Isgren, 13(2)). There will be a nice piggy back to play with next term...

A surprise defeat, their first of the season, in round 13 had left Sockford Emollient just a point clear of the rest ahead of the final round of matches. That meant a win at Landskrona Ladies would secure the Division 6:39 title, and anything less could open the door to Foxy265’s side being overtaken at the death.
                          The good news was that the Gatorsharks opponents had long since been relegated and have been playing very young sides. And getting hammered because of that. They persisted for this one, meaning the match was swiftly over as a contest as Lise True (2 minutes), Monica Parks (12) and Maci Conrad (16) all registered. Donya Antonellini added a fourth after 26 minutes, before Conrad’s second of the day after 40 mins ended the opening half’s scoring.
                          The Framleyshire side eased up considerably after the break, veteran defender Hege Haraldsen heading home from a corner with what was the only chance either side produced in that period.
                          So the title was sewn-up pretty early. It meant the action in the Division was elsewhere as second-placed Chili Babes faced AFC Wimbledon in third-spot for a shot at the play-offs. Wimbledon not only needed to win the game, but do so by three clear goals in an echo of Scotland-Netherlands ’78. Wimbledon were on course (like Scotland had been) when two goals from Ann Warne that gave them a 2-0 half-time lead. Needing just one more, the Archie Gemmill moment arrived in the 65th minute when Warne waltzed through to make it 3-1. However, just like that Scotland match, the ending went wrong, Chili Babes pulled two back late on to reclaim and then secure the play-off spot.

There was nothing riding on Invisible Ladies last match for The See-Throughs, as they were already certain to finish third in Division 6:41. But there very much was something riding on the game for leaders Cleckheaton Athletic, whose advantage on the team just below them was only goal difference.
                          The hosts gave Cleckheaton an early scare when Aileen Shuttlewood had a ninth minute effort disallowed. That appeared to inspire the visitors, who made it 1-0 just four minutes later. They would also strike on 66 and 93 as they took the title by a margin of +11 GD.
                          See-Throughs thoughts, meanwhile, had already turned to next season.

All substantive issues in Division 6:42 had been decided ahead of the final day. Well before in the case of fourth-placed Witches of Chiswick, who travelled to face a relegated side in Mariebergs IK.
                          The match was one-way traffic in favour of The Bewitched, a flow that quickly had them ahead, Sarah Altstrand scoring with a direct free-kick on 13 minutes. Chiswick plugged away in search of a second, which eventually arrived with 15 minutes left when Luciana Beja powered the ball home.
                          The Witches had a chance to further extend their advantage when Mariebergs’ Fausta Medina got herself a second yellow on 80 minutes. Except the Chiswick players knew that they probably didn’t need any more goals, so let the match and season wander by on a shortish leash to the end of the 90 minutes.
                          As for Solent Sirens, they warmed up for their imminent play-off at zombies Pegasus Girls.
                          Two goals inside the opening ten minutes pretty well decided the affair, Marlene Stieglecker and Simone de Beauvoir striking. Both would net for a second time as well, with a fifth goal of the day arriving after 70 minutes from Malena Norling, her first ever professional strike.
                          No yellow cards, a win to keep the form up, it was a decent day for manager Andrew7610, though there was a 2-day, minor knock for midfielder Jin-Ae Hyeong. However she has now recovered from that, giving the boss a full squad to pick from for the play-off encounter with FM Team of Division 6:47, whose 26 point total is well short of The Sirens 35.

A play-off place was secure for Menywod Maeshafn as they welcomed Femme Fatale FC for the final game of the regular season. However Maeshafn fans hadn’t given up all hope of automatic promotion, what with their side only one point behind leaders Orangeries.
                          Clearly a better result was needed than the Parisians and preferably a win as a draw was a long shot in goal difference terms, but Maeshafn found the FF’s defences very hard to break down. Chances were thin on the ground for IsThatcherDeadYet’s side, with the only consolation being their opponents made even fewer. However this is all a long-winded way of saying it finished 0-0.
                          That took the pressure of Organeries, who won their match and so would have taken automatic promotion anyway. Maeshafn head to the play-offs with a full squad to select from and another side from the French capital to deal with, Division 6:27’s Paris Vikings.

Dublin City Womens FC signed off from Season 50 with a straightforward decapitation of zombies Queens 2.0.
                          Slightly iffy finishing limited Dublin to just two strikes in the opening half, despite a good number of openings. The two who kept their cool within striking distance were Mave McAteer and Ana Isabel Carreto. However just the two meant that Mortal Joe’s side kept the pace up after the breaking, creating more chances in the second period and adding further goals by McAteer and a brace from Ai Kamide to make the final score 5-0.
                          Dublin finished fourth in Division 6:57.

Finishing the campaign unbeaten was the aim for Division 6:62 champions Csiki Girls when Ad Hoc’s charges took on already confirmed runners-up SC Agroi.
                          We’ve already seen how the next best side can upset apple carts, but that wouldn’t happen here. Yes, Agroi did cancel out Ellie Clevan ‘s first minute effort with an equaliser on 11 minutes. However the Csiki’s have strong belief currently and ran away with it after the break, Saoirse McInns scoring twice (56 and 79 minutes) and Carlota Igreja nodding the fourth.
                          11 wins and 3 draws, 37 scored, 7 conceded and an 11 point advantage over second were the numbers underlying Csiki Girls’ waving around of the championship trophy.

girls da charneca departed from the bottom tier in imperious fashion as they dismantled the team that had finished runners-up behind them, S. C. Leiria e Marrazes , 6-0.
                          The visitors are also a zombie of course, but even so being taken apart like this is not something that happens to them. But on a day of celebration for charneca, over half the starting XI scored as the goals were shared around Antepli Ejderha’s side. The strikes came from [deep breath]Stacey Bell’s header on 24 minutes, another header from Juliana Sales four minutes later, a penalty converted by Merdaleiro Áláfinesse just before the interval, a close-range finish by Asabe Fetele soon after it, another header midway through the second period, this time Penelope Campos and finally Ana Raquel Pedroso smacking in from range on 83![/breathe again]
                          charneca finished the season with a 12-2-0 60-2 record, though they will presumably also be saying goodbye to, well, charneca as move to join the Zeugma franchise in Anatolia.

And finally AFC Beloved of Inanna held a three point advantage over fourth-placed Black Sabbath, but with an inferior goal difference prior to their game at zombies ASPX LADIES.
                          That meant delicatemoth’s girls just needed a draw to claim the final promotion spot. They would go somewhat better following Jovanna Calleja’s 3rd minute direct free-kick. Another set-piece made it two, Beatrice Steck calmly despatching a penalty on the half-hour, and a second-half brace by Astrid Sehlstedt, both following corners (one with her head, the other her foot) completed the scoring.
                          The win meant The Acolytes are going up. They will do so as the third-placed finisher in Division 7:56.

Code:
                          Play-off for Division 1

Barbed Barbies		vs	Viking South Utsira

Play-off for Division 5

Solent Sirens		vs	FM Team
                          Paris Vikings		vs	Menywod Maeshafn

Comment

Sorry to hear that Wouter, and yes, it'll be IKK that will be most missed.

Comment

Wouter that's a real shame, but it's good you're staying with the teams you are. Hercules the KuneKune will certainly miss his encounters with Ico. There've been some memorable ones.

And yes, the Collective is correct, Eloise Acombe was indeed supposed to be a defender. So now I have to keep her for a month as one of nine midfielders, try and sell her, then hope to buy the defender.

Comment

Another excellent round up Janik, thanks.

Good luck to the three OTFers in their play offs, does that mean the change report is tomorrow? That means I'll get to officially move my team to ancient Anatolia.

The top flight of the Human League produced three goals from the six matches yesterday. No other comment is necessary then.

Comment

Just had a nosey at the OTF league - looks like Jon hasn't logged in for Steaua Bridge in a long while. Is everything ok there?

Comment

He's posted on other threads in the meantime. I suspect he has just got fed up with them.

Comment

That's sweet of Janik to put us back in his roundups. We've moved to Scotland to become Ullapool Northern Star. I hope I don't seem too bigheaded if I say I think it's a lovely name. The stadium is called Minchview, inspired by the nice Ullapool campsite with a minch view. I miss Scotland.

Comment

I believe all three managers have logged in since the games, so once more unto the breach, dear Meanies! It's the Ladies play-offs.

Code:
                                        Play-off for Division 1

Barbed Barbies		1 - 2	Viking South Utsira
                                        Gerdase 83'		A.E.T.	E.Klovning 91'
                                        				B.Austrheim 120'

Play-off for Division 5

Solent Sirens		2 - 0	FM Team
                                        de Beauvoir 1'
                                        Hyeong 65'

Paris Vikings		0 - 0	Menywod Maeshafn
                                        			A.E.T.

Maeshafn win 3-1 on penalties
                                        Back-to-back promotions and a place in the second tier for the first time were the rewards on offer to Viking South Utsira as they took on Barbed Barbies.
                                        The only notable action of a cagey first half was Utsiran defender Loba Deparvada being carried off on a stretcher (14 days), the first serious injury of her 13 year career. Not timing. Youngster Lina Hovland came on in Deparvada’s place and did a sterling job in the circumstances.
                                        Things livened up in the second half as both teams began to prob for the win. The Blood Eagles were arguably the better side, having more of the ball and creating more chances than their opponents. So it was a real sucker punch when Barbed took the lead late on. Their fans were singing, thinking there was no way back for Viking but then, in injury-time, Birgit Austrheim swung over a corner which Emilie Klovning battled to get her head to and turn home. Cue a jig of delight on the touchline from manager Velvet Android (once he had checked the flag wasn’t up or similar, of course).
                                        That took it to extra-time. Again it was VSU making the running, but penalties were looking large when Bergljot Kvalvik found the energy to surge forward and launch one last Blood Eagles attack. She got to 25 yards out, and then whipped over a delightful ball which Birgit Austrheim, arriving at full-tilt, didn’t have to jump for or even break stride as she powered home a header from the penalty spot. Mad scenes in the Utsiran end of the Arena and a manager who could only laugh about two last minute goals, a cackle with possibly a dangerously cracked edge.
                                        And who got The Blood Eagles man-of-the-match award, you may ask? Erm, Magda Fevereiro of course. No matter, Birgit’s achievements for her hometown club will be told in rain-lashed turf-roofed North Sea Cottages for generations to come.

Solent Sirens had won imeediate promotion back to the sixth tier the last two times they were relegated. Could Andrew7610s girls make it three from three against FM Team?
                                        Going 1-0 up inside 15 seconds was definitely a good beginning, Angela Cruchaga passing to Simone de Beauvoir who advanced to within 35 yards of goal and then thought “What the hey, have a dip, see how the ‘keepers nerves are” and promptly rocketed the ball unstoppably into the top corner. Some start.
                                        FM did well to take that setback in their stride and make a pretty damn even game out of it. However the blows kept coming for them as the early strikes was added to with a disallowed goal and a major injury. That sort of thing takes a psychological toll, so it was perhaps not particularly surprising that Jin-Ae Hyeong was able to add a second for The Sirens on 65 minutes, heading in from Petra Ulander’s corner.
                                        And that was that. Solent saw out the remaining time with comfort and will be back to the level they seem most at home in next term.

Would Menywod Maeshafn make it three from three for the OTF teams in the play-offs by getting past Paris Vikings. Read on and find out...
                                        The first 45 minutes of the match were so tense and tight that neither side managed a shot. IsThatcherDeadYet’s charges rectified that during the second period, but it wasn’t as if the game had completely transformed; no it was still a match played in fear of an error.
                                        Nothing changed in extra-time, so it was down to a penalty shoot-out to determine promotion. Paris were the first to take. And missed. Next up was Ada Westerberg with Meashafn’s first effort. Saved. Back to Paris again. Shanked well wide. By now the spectators were openly laughing and the TV commentary was openly wondering whether they should get someone to bring sleeping bags. That sort of thing piled extra pressure on Shelly Gibbs, but she is made of steel and coolly stroked home.
                                        That meant Maeshafn had the advantage in the shoot-out, as long as they kept scoring. Hannele Sundvall did just that. And that also adds a pressure on the opposition, who also need to keep on sticking it away but also know that if the opposition don’t miss there is nothing they can do. This proved too much to take as the Viking cracked. Now just one goal from the next two kicks was needed for promotion. However Monalisa Corleone wasn’t willing to delay it at all and walked briskly up, stroked her penalty in just behind the post, and stood there arms raised until being buried by ecstatic teammates a couple of seconds later.

Comment

Thank you Janik. Beautiful.

*sniff*

Comment

Well I'm not even in the Xpert Ladies and that was a thrilling read, well done Janik. And very well done those three OTFers.

DM, Ullapool Northern Star is indeed a beautiful name.

Comment

I know the Ladies Transfer market is a bit weird, but very odd that my 19/7 mid (even with cone and speed) is valued at 10m+ while her 20/10 vanilla counterpart is only "worth" 7m.

Comment

Well done on getting them both to DJ, though, Etienne! None of my youngsters DJed, even with most of them on 17 or 18 DV.... sad face thing. Of course they're all at the top of their skill now, and is it worth hanging on to them for another year.....or not.....?

Comment

Definitely. Generally I would say you sell after a DJ (when their value is at max) and keep after they narrowly miss out (when their value is at minimum) unless they are part of a long term strategy. (My striker DJed to 18/6 too!)

Comment

Congratulations to the three OTF play off victors.

Despite playing against Zombies for all of my time my change report wasn't great, the damage had been done before I took over. Next season is one of transition only, division six has plenty of zombies so I should be ok to develop my side and be in a stronger position at the next change report.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X