X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guzman indeed - thanks Kev...

*nods subtly to henchmen*....NOW!...*seals exits*

Comment

Haha, you can try but the £0.10p VIP only lasts a month.

Comment

Heheh. Even so, if I may add to the film images dropped in on the last page:

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
          Haha, I knew that was coming. But no, it wouldn't be 'to play the game' ... more like a quick spot of firefighting.
          Ok, request is in from 'CaptainFlack'.
          Also Cap'n, if the rest of the brigade are feeling a bit bored too, the gang of you are very welcome to resurrect an old team:

Comment

One of the departed managers has indeed returned* so that just leaves two more vacancies now. I've messaged Dazcreed to see if he'd be interested in either of those as well.

* He's gone with a mediaeval theme of Malta Knights, which I heartily approve of, so expect to be facing off against von Hompesch's and de Rohan's soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
              Also Cap'n, if the rest of the brigade are feeling a bit bored too, the gang of you are very welcome to resurrect an old team:

Haha, yes good old Trumpton Ironsides were in my mind with that name. Ironically of course Captain Flack never really got to do actual firefighting.

Comment

Dazcreed is now in at The Wednesday so now it's just Edmonton Oilers left to fill.

Antep - any joy with the other OTFers? Even if one of them could take over temporarily, I could get the new season created to start next week.

Comment

Kev, seeing as you are in short term for some minor assistance, could you take on a team in the Heineken League? I just need to get two teams filled to update the new season with the full complement of 240 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                    Dazcreed is now in at The Wednesday so now it's just Edmonton Oilers left to fill.

Antep - any joy with the other OTFers? Even if one of them could take over temporarily, I could get the new season created to start next week.
                    No reply from either of them I'm afraid nor the Young Turks.

Comment

No worries, thanks for trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                        Kev, seeing as you are in short term for some minor assistance, could you take on a team in the Heineken League? I just need to get two teams filled to update the new season with the full complement of 240 teams.
                        Yeah, that's it. Just keep dragging him back in, bit by bit.

Comment

Sure thing Sean. I've plumped for the Green Ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                            No worries, thanks for trying.
                            Actually, I have a plan here - if I don't get any applications by the weekend, I'll sign up SdR Junior to fill the remaining spot. Then we should be good to start next Friday with the Cup.

Comment

Thanks Kev, much appreciated.

Comment

Kev, the Red Adair of OTF X11. We need a Toucan Sign like they use for Batman.

Comment

Kev, if I said I needed someone for the Brythonnic Premiership so I can start the new season up there, would you believe me...?

Edit: Ah, hang on, I've had a new team application. So we're back up to a full 110 managers as things stand. Watch this space!
                                  Last edited by Various Artist; 09-02-2018, 00:37.

Comment

Haha, yes good old Trumpton Ironsides were in my mind with that name. Ironically of course Captain Flack never really got to do actual firefighting.
                                    Hah, yes this is so true isn't it? They couldn't animate flames, hence the fire brigade spending all their time rescuing cats from trees, playing music in the bandstand, etc., and never once encountering actual fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                      Kev, the Red Adair of OTF X11. We need a Toucan Sign like they use for Batman.
                                      Well, that sent me down an internet rabbit hole. I will now never be able to see Kev as anything other than this:

I also ran into this, which is quite nice:

Comment

The season is up and running and I can let you go now, just let me know when. If you haven't already maybe you could just set up some training and default tactics before you go? Thanks once again.

Comment

Final round of the Human League tomorrow, big finale. So ripping off my official PR:

Going into the final round of Season 10, we have the perfect spectacle to bring the campaign to a close, with what is effectively a straight play-off for the championship. After Suffragette City led almost all season, Märkische Mädels have reined them in and now hold a 3 point lead themselves. And in the final game the Mädels host City, who must win by two clear goals to match points and win on goal difference. A draw is enough for the hosts. Good luck managers Wouter and Etienne. Everyone else, enjoy the spectacle.

Of course some of us also still have a lot to play for:

At the bottom of the top flight, Holkham Forest and Les Sangliers fight for the last survival place, matched on points and goal difference but with Forest ahead on wins and goals scored.

In Division 1, Bad Erdeley could still grab a promotion slot from Zeugma Demir Çelik SK or at a stretch Sandringham Park Rovers. And lower down there's a huge battle for survival involving all the teams from 5th to 9th.

Division 2 sees Wuthering Heights in 2nd, Palmeiras Ladies in 3rd and Empire State Humans in 4th all covered by a point (leaders Bene Gesserit can be pretty confident of going up). And Black Mambass could still save themselves from the drop, most likely at the expense of Gallus Girls.

Division 3 is all settled in terms of ups and downs, but Flapton Nogley, Lysistrata and Bute Buccaneers could all take the division prize.

And in Division 4, again the promotions are settled, but Penelope Pittsburgh could still pip Warriors of Ashra to the division spoils with a good combination of results.

Good luck OTFers. Hopefully no one will quit afterwards, and we won't need the Toucan Sign.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Sean, now done. I've sent a friendly challenge to Yarra Valley as well so I'll hang on to see if Vicarious wants to accept it, then I can set tactics for that as well before going.

Comment

I *may* also have reinstated the kits, home ground and a toucan badge, as well as requesting some Brazilian names for the MLX team. It's got to look inviting for whoever wants to take them on.

Comment

At the bottom of the top flight, Holkham Forest and Les Sangliers fight for the last survival place, matched on points and goal difference but with Forest ahead on wins and goals scored.
                                                I don't know how it's come to this. I honestly thought we had a decent shot at the title two weeks ago.

Comment

I *may* also have reinstated the kits, home ground and a toucan badge, as well as requesting some Brazilian names for the MLX team. It's got to look inviting for whoever wants to take them on.
                                                  The only word I can use to describe that is 'resplendent'.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Sean, now done. I've sent a friendly challenge to Yarra Valley as well so I'll hang on to see if Vicarious wants to accept it, then I can set tactics for that as well before going.
                                                    Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 09-02-2018, 12:48.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X