X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one ad hoc.

Meanwhile, after a CR not quite as awful as expected, Gloucester Old Spots may just be able to scrape together a squad for their debut top flight season.

Comment

Sark have already bought one player and have bids out for 5 more. Love a rebuild.
      Actually our CR wasn't as bad as I feared, with no unwanted retirements.

Comment

Isn't it ironic (don't you think) one of the pleasures of X11 is a bit of wheeler-dealing and a rebuild. But then if you do your rebuild well enough, you won't need to do one again.

Comment

Ok CR for the Percies, all things considered, but could have done without two players retiring. Will persevere (hah) with what we have this season, hopefully with the addition of a defender from the youth team, and try and DJ a couple of the youths for selling on after next season.
          The biggest hit we took on the CR was five managers quitting the league this morning, so we are now down to 232 managers. Don't think I'll be able to make it to 240 unless we have some real luck, so some of the lower divisions may have to run on 11 teams next season.

Comment

Slightly disappointing CR for South Hams, with a couple of players in their low-mid 20s not jumping from a DV of 16. I need to buy at least four players, so let the fun begin.

Comment

I'm back in the Heineken, had to buy two new teams to do it. I'm running 8 now, two are women 's.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                Second successive relegation for The Framley Okapi XI means next season will be spent in HLC6. Green shoots of recovery appearing however with our youngsters having DV's of 16, 17, 3 of them on 18 and best of all, 17/5 forward Nebuchadnezzar O'Reilly having a 19.
                3 double jumps and 4 single ones at Framley, with, as expected, young Nebuchadnezzar being a double jumper and his value going from around 1m econs to 7m. Unsurprisingly he's now transfer listed in the hope to being in some funds for the team rebuild.

Comment

Hope SdR is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                    Hope SdR is OK.
                    He's gone really quiet, hasn't he? Does anyone know him in the real world?

Comment

No but thirded.

Comment

RebelRebel in MLX is starting to get really annoying with his where's the admin questions.

Comment

I can understand his frustration. If it was a league admin who I didn't know, then I'd be getting a bit irritated too. Obviously with SdR I know it's likely to be something important that's keeping him away.

Comment

This. I've tried to pour oil on troubled waters in the MLX Scribble a couple of times, as I know SdR isn't going to be away for no reason. I'm just hoping all's OK with him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                              The biggest hit we took on the CR was five managers quitting the league this morning, so we are now down to 232 managers. Don't think I'll be able to make it to 240 unless we have some real luck, so some of the lower divisions may have to run on 11 teams next season.
                              I've just had my second unsolicited message in the last few days asking if there's a space to join my league – I assume both managers meant The Brythonnic Premiership, though neither said so directly! We're full at the moment but I've replied to the second one (MRicardo-99) saying I can recommend the Heineken as a very good league with spaces free right now, and sent the same message to the previous chap too (Zamso) in case he's still looking for something.

It might just be that people are being lured by the fact I have a massive stack of VIP prizes to give away this season, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                sent the same message to the previous chap too (Zamso) in case he's still looking for something.
                                Bah. He replied saying, and I quote, "thanks but the teams are not worth anything". Clearly not a long-term builder, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                  Bah. He replied saying, and I quote, "thanks but the teams are not worth anything". Clearly not a long-term builder, then.
                                  Can't please them all. Thanks for the recommendations though.

Comment

Don't forget to bump your forum ad in the Human League Sean. Although I'm unsure how many people look at those. The various recruitment threats in the Pro League forums seem to bear the best fruit.

Apart from the ones saying NO ADVERTISING PRIVATE LEAGUES - who are they to dictate, and how does it impact their Pro League?

Comment

Most importantly I really hope SDR is all right and we see him again soon.

For now, we've had a couple of quitters in MLX which puts us at 60. So to be pragmatic, if not callous and with apologies to SDR for insensitivity, can I suggest the following:

1. Ask Wayne et al to allow an admin change early in this extreme situation
                                      2. Reset maximum member to 60
                                      3. Trigger the season with 7 in each GLX division if the system allows - if not of course this is a non-starter

I know that's not ideal.

Comment

Yeah, I'd go with that.

Comment

We're down to 59 now, dazcreed has gone. I don't really care about the league as I'm more concerned about SDR.

Comment

X11 Ladies League catch-up. Three weeks of matches to go over, so a different structure for this report is employed (prepare for a deluge).
                                            Cup updates to come soon as well, but not immediately following these. I think you might need a digestion break...

Code:
                                            Division 2b

Matchday 8

Viking South Utsira	0 - 2	The Liver FC
                                            				Stojanac 42'
                                            				Brennan 57'

Matchday 9

La République de Random	0 - 3	Viking South Utsira
                                            				Heidi Hovland 2', 38'
                                            				Lurdes Quental 53'

Matchday 10

Fair Maidens of FISO 	0 - 4	Viking South Utsira
                                            				Fudida 14'
                                            				B.Klovning 49'
                                            				Quental 84'
                                            				B.Kvalvik 93'
                                            A late comeback from Viking South Utsira had claimed a point at The Liver FC in week 7. Could The Blood Eagles go one further in the immediate return at Ragnar Rock?
                                            Well, not if the visitors were going to have any say in the matter as once again Liver built a two goal lead by the hour mark. The hopes of lightening striking twice were slim from then on. Indeed Velvet Android’s side only created one second half chance, which was clearly never going to be enough.
                                            That meant Viking were looking to bounce back in week 9 when they visited La République de Random.
                                            Utsiran Island native Heidi Hovland gave her side the perfect start when she raced clear to open the scoring after only 2 minutes. That seemed to settle The Blood Eagles, who then lived up to both parts of their nicknames as they both soared impressively and stooped viciously, racing into a three-goal advantage by the 53rd minute courtesy of a second from Hovland and one from Lurdes Quental.
                                            The Random victory had lifted The Blood Eagles into second place in the Division 2b table ahead of their game with bottom-placed Fair Maidens of FISO.
                                            FISO came in with a rather bizarre record. They were yet to win a game and had barely scored a goal, but had only lost three and were pretty tight at the back to make the six draws that implies happen (4 x 0-0). So Velvet Android’s girls must have been expecting a frustrating afternoon of trying to get balls past a parked bus.
                                            Enthusiasm for the task ahead could have taken another blow when Asta Austrheim was stretchered off with a horrible 25-day injury after just eight minutes. She was replaced by sister Birgit, which seems a bit harsh of the Assistant Manager as surely Birgit would have preferred to accompany Asta in the ambulance? Or maybe not, maybe professionalism trumps all. That was certainly the case from the team, who swiftly put the nasty sight behind them to move ahead on 14 minutes, Manuças Fudida heading home.
                                            To this point of season 50, no side had scored more than once in a game against FISO. The Blood Eagles were about to change all that. Britta Klovning was the player to break the log-jam, heading in a 49th minute corner to make it 2-0. I wouldn’t say the floodgates opened with that but they were certainly no longer as steel-trap like. Plus being two behind also meant FISO had to throw some caution to the wind late on, VSSU ruthlessly exploiting this as Lurdes Quental and Bergljot Kvalvik scored late on to nearly double the amount of goals their opponents had conceded in the season!
                                            Further good news from other result was that VSU’s closest rivals for second had lost, and so fallen four points behind The Blood Eagles. Viking are also now only three points adrift of leaders Mighty Aphrodite...

Comment

Code:
                                              Division 4h

Matchday 8

Drakaina		1 - 1	Cataluna Cats
                                              Sietaridis 59'			Merckx (O.G.) 24'

Matchday 9

Gastele 		2 - 1	Drakaina
                                              Dickson (pen) 9'		Winter 95'
                                              Rice 74'

Matchday 10

Drakaina		0 - 2	Ventus United
                                              				Connelly 24', 87'
                                              When we left Drakaina they were one place and two points ahead of the Division 4h drop zone following a 3-2 win at nearest rivals Cataluna Cats. Would that be a result the Greeks could repeat at Delphi?
                                              A bunch of first half possession suggested ‘yes’, but the interval scoreline indicated ‘no’ as the Cats held the advantage, and through an own goal from Amalia Merckx. The Dragons plugged away though, and drew level just before the hour via Laria Sietaridis.
                                              The rest of the game was a flurry of incident with cards, minor injuries and disallowed goals (for the Cats) keeping the crowd on the edge of their... grass banks. No more goals though as Drakaina had to settle for a point this time, which, in the context of the relegation fight felt like a good one as it denied a direct rival three.
                                              Next up for The Dragons were games against the top two sides, starting with a trip to Gastele.
                                              There could be no doubting that the bosses desire to win as Etienne sent his side out in a 3-4-3 set. Despite the intent, it proved to be a match of relatively few chances, which meant the early penalty netted by the hosts was always a problem.
                                              It remained 1-0 until just over 15 minutes to play, when Gastele finally carved out a chance to go with all their possession and made it two. Drakaina’s hopes of an unlikely comeback suffered a blow on 80 minutes when Sietaridis was poleaxed with a horrible 26-day knock. Despite this the Greeks did pulled one back though with Grace Winter’s strike arriving after 95 minutes it was just a consolation.
                                              That defeat combined with a Cataluna win saw The Dragons drop to sixth ahead of hosting leaders Ventus United.
                                              This match proved to be rather a damage limitation exercise as Ventus control possession and chances. However a good Dragons rearguard action limited them to just two goals, on 24 and 87 minutes. And there was good news from elsewhere in 4h as Gastele did the expected and beat Cataluna.
                                              It all leaves The Dragons sixth in the table, one point from safety though Etienne’s side do all have a significantly weaker goal difference than their rival.

Comment

Code:
                                                Division 4i

Matchday 8

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	2 - 1	Tartan Tawties FC
                                                Wostijn 81', 91'		Strokova 55'

Matchday 9

FC Nee-Nee 		2 - 2	Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                                Outeiro 3'			Vandenbergh 11', 87'
                                                Støle 61'

Matchday 10

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	2 - 0	Lightning Girls FC
                                                Vandenbergh 87', 91'
                                                And what of Coxy Ladies Wulpen? They were fourth the last time we swung by, following a 0-0 bore draw in their first meeting with Tartan Tawties FC.
                                                The return at The Curlew’s Nest also reached half-time scoreless, though The Waders dressing room would have been the more positive one after a half of 55%, the only legitimate chance and a disallowed Betsy Dudley strike. So it was rather a sucker punch when the Tawties first shot of the game on 55 minutes produced the first goal between the sides.
                                                Janik’s side didn’t give up though, plugging away throughout the second-half and drawing level on 81 minutes when Aurelie Wostijn rose to head in a devilish centre. Wostijn wasn’t happy to settle for that though and repeated the trick a minute into stoppage time to give Wulpen a win that was both entirely merited on the game stats (6-1 in chances) and completely last-gasp.
                                                Next up for The Waders was a tough-looking trip to then leaders FC Nee-Nee.
                                                The hosts were quickly in front, scoring from a set-piece after just 3 minutes. However the experience of the last game had taught Wulpen not to panic, and just 8 minutes later they were level via Laetitia Vandenbergh.
                                                Nee-Nee upped the pace after that set-back creating a string of chances and moving back in front on 61 minutes. However, despite conceding twice, Coxy Ladies ‘keeper Inès Vlaarhuis was having a good day, keeping her side in the game as she restricted the hosts to just two from their nine opportunities. That allowed someone else to have an even better one as, with 87 minutes on the clock, Vandenbergh somehow caught Nee-Nee over-committed in attack and burst clear to level.
                                                After two straight last gasp points-steels, surely something less fraught on the managers nerves was going to be served up against Lightning Girls FC. After all the Curlew’s Nest visitors were both winless and managerless.
                                                Erm, nope. 0-0 at the interval, with only one chance created lead to a somewhat shouty half-time requiring quicker ball and player movement. That did start to create chances, but the goal wasn’t arriving until injuries intervened, unusually doing so in favour of the side suffering them. That was Wulpen, but first a minor knock to Claire Michel and then a major one for Charlotte Beyen (but only six days) meant the managers complacency in trying to get as much DV as possible didn’t prove too costly as the replacements in both cases were first choice players who probably should have started. With the right team finally on the field, it was over to Vandenbergh again as she fired in from range after 87 minutes and added a second from rather closer on 91.
                                                Any more of this and Coxy Ladies will start to get a reputation. It has certainly helped their position in the Division 4i table. They may only have climbed one spot to third, but in terms of points Coxy Ladies are now closer to second (five points) than sixth (seven points).

Comment

Code:
                                                  Division 4k

Matchday 8

Victorious Secret 	3 - 0	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                                  Miranda 39'
                                                  Palmgren 75', 81'

Matchday 9

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	1 - 2	Bethanys Binos
                                                  Farisy 15'			Sales 6'
                                                  				Scotton 72'

Matchday 10

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	1 - 3	Bolton Ladies College
                                                  Willockx 33'			Wooding 4'
                                                  				Carew 74'
                                                  				Wailes 86'
                                                  Struggling Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC probably were not expecting much at then-leaders Victorious Secret on Matchday 8. And not much is exactly what The Sea Spirits got from the day.
                                                  Secret were just too good, and deserved their 3-0 final analysis. The straw for Kanjeng fans to cling to was that they did keep it to one for 74.5 minutes...
                                                  Writing that one off put more pressure on the next game against Bethanys Binos, who by now were a disappearing dot of an overhaul target for The Sea Goddesses.
                                                  But SeaonftheShed’s girls were not about to go down without a fight. In fact they had the better of this game on every measure... apart from the one that actually matters. There two goals from three shots by the Binos more than cancelled out Tia Farisy’s 15th minute header from a corner, one of four clear opportunities that came The Sea Spirits way.
                                                  Defeat on Matchday 9 left Kanjeng 12 points from safety with five to play, and so at risk of going down if they lost to Bolton Ladies College.
                                                  Which, um, they did despite Jennifer Willockx cancelling ought Bolton’s early opener. But when you are down at the bottom it doesn’t rain, it pours. Which is precisely what happened here as Kanjeng had only fractionally fewer chances (and indeed more than their opponents in the first half) but only finished one of five whilst Bolton converted three of six.
                                                  It went from bad to worse when the other Division 4k results were checked, and the necessary ones had happened for The Sea Spirits immediate return to Division 5 to be already confirmed. The aim from here on out is to try and turn the momentum around before next season gets underway.

Comment

Code:
                                                    Division 5:16

Matchday 8

Watergate Bay Surfers	4 - 0	LNWR Locomotive
                                                    Hardenne 5', 37'
                                                    Stephenson 48'
                                                    De Cock 58'

Matchday 9

LNWR Locomotive		3 - 1	Stoke City Ladies XI
                                                    Vilhena 49'			Herrick 40'
                                                    Zakarian 58'			Wiltershed (sent off) 77'
                                                    Lisa Ryman 87'

Matchday 10

LNWR Locomotive		1 - 2	Victorians Ladies
                                                    Ryman 77'				Sabrosa 2'
                                                    				Graça 92'
                                                    LNWR Locomotive closed to within touching distance of Watergate Bay Surfers with a win on matchday 7, but the ground gained would be immediately lost again if this wasn’t consolidated in the return game.
                                                    Unfortunately that is precisely what happened as Watergate totally dominated The Steamers, who wouldn’t manage a shot in the match. It was two to the hosts by the interval and four before the hour mark, at which point they stopped as if to spare Viktor Boskovic’s side further embarrassment.
                                                    It was vital for Locomotive to bounce straight back after that one, particularly as the next game was against fellow strugglers Stoke City Ladies XI.
                                                    Things weren’t looking too promising for The Steamers at half-time, by which stage the Potters had a deserved 1-0 advantage. However a rousing teamtalk appeared to do the trick as LNWR came out transformed and turned the game on its head through long range efforts from Corália Vilhena on 49 and Gayane Zakarian on 58 minutes.
                                                    Stoke were by now heavily on the back foot, and their last realistic chance of getting anything from the game died in the 77th minute when Cate Wiltershed was shown a second yellow card. Locomotive made use of the extra space to soon add a third to remove any last vestige of doubt, Lisa Ryman turning home from a corner.
                                                    The gap to safety was back down to one point when Locomotive hosted bottom side Victorians Ladies on matchday 10. The only problem with that was Victorians gained an active manager midway through the season and are definitely no longer an easy touch.
                                                    The visitors certainly showed their new-found spirit and structure in a first half where The Steamers were shunted backwards for long periods. However the good news for the Mollington Street fans was that Vicorians failed to add to their 2nd minute opener despite ample opportunities to do so. That meant when Ryman was once again on hand, on 77 minutes, to turn in a corner it looked like LNWR had stolen a point... until stoppage time that is, when the visitors ended how they had started, with a goal from a free-kick.
                                                    It all adds up to The Steamers being in trouble in the Division 5:16 table. They sit sixth, four points adrift of safety with four games left.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X