X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
    Oh. I hadn't realised that the Brythonnic League has early kickoffs. In fact I didn't know that early kickoffs exist in X11. Unsurprisingly I've missed selecting a team for both league games so far, and I doubt this will get much better. So don't put your money on us!
    And I thought I'd won the OTF derby through superior coaching when it was down to yourself not setting up your tactics. Oh well.

Comment

I think it was SDR who had a "results trough" recently; hope it's over. I'm in one now certainly for the Swine and Old Spots. The former in particular I had high expectations for this season and cannot buy a win. The latter are at risk of relegation.

It affects your mindset when setting tactics. Sorry, it affects my mindset when setting tactics.

Comment

I saw a Golden League team called Inter your mother so complained to Linkin Park, the admin, asking for it to be changed. I did not hold out much hope but got a one word reply of done. I was pleasantly surprised.

Comment

X11 Ladies League season 49, matchday 6 report.

Code:
          Division 3e

Q.P.R Ladies 		3 - 1	Viking South Utsira
          Vadge 19', 38'			Fudida 78'
          Eccleeston 22'

Division 4h

Drakaina		1 - 1	Tartan Tawties FC
          Merckx 65'			Rydström 12'

Division 5:17

LNWR Locomotive		1 - 3	Gretna Girls FC
          Zakarian 2'			Tepes 36', 79'
          				Naylor 75'

Division 5:18

Funky Fartown 		0 - 1	Coxy Ladies Wulpen
          				Leclercq 76'

Division 5:21

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	2 - 0	Solent Sirens
          Azeite 26'
          Willockx 38'

Witches of Chiswick	0 - 3	Girls Aloud
          				Kelpekis 17'
          				Freitas 53'
          				Herrlin (O.G.) 65'

Division 5:31

Csiki Girls		2 - 2	Universitatea Cluj
          Sheerin 20'			Devine 72'
          Morientes 82'			Biovica 80'

Division 6:41

Future Girls 		3 - 1	Invisible Ladies
          Jacaré 12'			van der Kwast 41'
          Ullander 78'			Crouch (sent off) 81'
          Hol 82'

Division 6:55

Orangeries 		0 - 2	Menywod Maeshafn
          				Westerberg 55', 87'

Division 6:57

Dublin City Womens FC	1 - 0	Slingers City Ladies
          Ciutacu 87'

Comment

Two straight league defeats meant that Viking South Utsira were somewhat out of form, but is it becoming a serious slump? A visit to Q.P.R Ladies would determine that.
            The issue was actually settled by half-time, The Blood Eagles trooping disconsolately back in to their dressing room after a torrid 45 minutes left them trailing 3-0. They couldn’t even argue that this was particularly harsh after the hoops had had 69% possession and a slew of chances.
            Things improved slightly after the break. Well, they couldn’t get much worse, and one has to wonder if the home side’s intensity had rather dropped. Manuças Fudida netted on 78 minutes, but this was clearly only ever a consolation.
            Velvet Android’s side have now dropped to fifth in Division 3e, only goal difference keeping them out of the drop zone. One goal at that. Maybe Fudida’s late strike did have a point after all?

Matchday 6 was a potential chance for Drakaina to make ground on the top three in Division 4h as they took on second-placed Tartan Tawties FC whilst first and third met elsewhere.
            That was the positive spin on the match. The negative one was that there was also a chance of The Dragons losing further ground on their promotion rivals. This unspoken possibility was lurking ominously at half-time as Etienne’s side trailed 1-0 to the only shot of the first 45 minutes. The second half was nearly as tight, with two chances this time. Both came the Greek way, and, crucially, Amalia Merckx converted one of them when she headed home a 65th minute corner.
            As you were between Drakaina and the Tawties then. And at the top of the table overall, as the other match also finished all square. It leaves the Delphinians fourth, four points out of the play-offs, six off the top and probably more looking nervously over their shoulders at a drop zone only one point behind them.

A similar scenario presented itself to LNWR Locomotive, who needed a good result against Gretna Girls FC to keep on the coattails of their promotion race.
            The match started really well for The Steamers as Gayane Zakarian turned in a corner inside 2 minutes... and went downhill from there. Viktor Boskovic’s side found themselves on the back foot after that, and though they did create some more chances in the opening half it was Gretna who struck next.
            The second period was one-way traffic, all flowing in a Gretna direction. Locomotive held on until the 75th minute, but having conceded quickly shipped another to give a final score that reflected the balance of play if one is honest.
            The gap to the top end of Division 5:17 is now an intimidating seven points. Fortunately for LNWR, despite them being fifth in the table they still command a four point advantage over those in the drop zone.

The Coxy Ladies Wulpen dressing room prior to their match at Funky Fartown was one of anticipation. When would the manager show?
            Eventually, with a roll of the eyes, The Waders players realised he wasn’t going to, so they set about doing it for themselves. Luckily for Janik, These Girls Can overcome his forgetfulness, grinding out a slightly unfocused but ultimately highly satisfactory 1-0 win via Alicia Leclercq’s 76th minute long-ranger.
            When the manager finally showed up a few hours too late, he was relieved to find his side had actually improved their position at the summit of Division 5:18; they remain four points clear of second place, but are now seven ahead of third.

OTF derby number three of the Division 5:21 season saw Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC host struggling Solent Sirens.
            The first half was a very open affair, with chances raining in at both ends. The first came after 10 minutes from a direct free-kick attempted by Leila Azeite which went out for a goal-kick. She would get more accurate later in the day...
            Tia Farisy’s poke goalwards on 22 minutes, which looked dangerous but ultimately went wide, was the first in a flurry of opportunities. Two minutes later Simone de Beauvoir was lining up a free-kick, but her effort was straight at Sea Spirits ‘keeper Kacey Rust. Then it was back down the other end and another whistle in shooting range. This time Azeite was deadly accurate.
            After a brief period to collect themselves following this 26th minute opener Kanjeng went at it again, Adčle Pailloux seeing a 34th minute diving header scrap the outside of the post, Azeite hitting the angle of post and bar with yet another direct free-kick seconds later, the pressure finally telling in the 38th minute when Jennifer Willockx made it two for SeanoftheShed’s charges with a clever lob header to convert Diana Doom’s cross.
            The last opportunity of the opening half went The Sirens way, but Josefine Jonson’s header was just over the bar. Trailing by two goals, the onus was on Andrew7610’s side after the break, something they found quite hard to deal with. Only one further chance was created, Petra Ulander flicking a header at Rust on 75 minutes, which the Kanjeng goalie comfortably turned over the bar as the game drifted to a 2-0 final score for the hosts.
            Elsewhere in the same section Witches of Chiswick were trying to kick-start their campaign against Girls Aloud.
            The opening half saw The Bewitched on the back foot throughout, but they somehow got to half-time just one in arrears, prompting manager Wiblflibl to say “Come on Girls, we are still in this!”. The same shout went up after Girls Aloud made it two on 53 minutes. It didn’t following a third for the visitors, which went in off the unfortunate Johanna Herrlin. That was somehow emblematic of the Witches struggles this term.
            Kanjeng remain third in the Division 5:21 table, and are now within two points of the summit after the leaders suffered an unexpected defeat. By contrast it is looking like being a long old campaign for Solent and Chiswick, who sit seventh and eighth, six and seven points respectively from safety.

Going into their sixth match of the league season, Csiki Girls had won one and lost one and draw quite a few. The smart money was probably on honours finishing even against Universitatea Cluj therefore.
            Anyone with something riding on the result would have been concerned by how the first half panned out as the Csiki’s unleashed repeatedly at the Cluj net. However the only reward ad hoc’s side got from these efforts was Afton Sheerin’s 20th minute header.
            That left the match in the balance after the break. However it was still against the run of play when Cluj equalised on 72 minutes and a potential travesty when they edged ahead after 80. Fortunately for lovers of natural justice Maria Morientes soon levelled things up again but the Csiki’s couldn’t find a third strike to give them the points their chance creation (8-3) had merited.
            One point instead of three, but that was still enough to lift Csiki Girls out of the Division 5:31 drop zone. They rise two places in fact, up to fifth, albeit by the narrowest of margins as their advantage over sixth is just one goal scored.

Invisible Ladies promotion hopes were fading (ha!) ahead of their game at Future Girls.
            The hosts arguably shaded the opening half, and led for most of it following a 12th minute strike, only for The See-Throughs to fight back level when Alva van der Kwast thumped home a 41st minute header.
            The second half followed a similar vein of Future Girls marginally on top, but with all three results possible. The decisive moments of the match occurred in a four minute spell centred around the 80th minute, as first Future Girls struck, then Invisible’s Rachel Crouch was shown a second yellow and within seconds of that Future Girls notched again. After this, there was no way back for Pebblethefish’s side.
            The See-Throughs are now out of vision of the Division 6:41 promotion picture, and might now need to be more worried about not getting sucked into the relegation zone as they have dropped to fifth in the table, just two points clear of that.

Are Menywod Maeshafn finally stirring this season? A game against an Orangeries side that started the day a couple of places and points ahead of IsThactherDeadYet’s girls would go a long way to proving if they had finally woken up.
            The match would prove to be a tight affair, with only a handful of chances. The key thing in encounters like this is for someone to be in a dead-eyed mood, and the good news for Welsh fans was that Ada Westerberg felt exactly like that. Two chances fell her way, one on 55 minutes and another after 87, both finishing in the back of the net.
            The win lifts Maeshafn out of the Division 6:55 relegation zone, as they climb two places to fifth. They remain just one point above the line, but can also look up as the play-off spot is only three points distant. The leaders (played 6, won 6, scored 17, conceded 1) are gone though.

This season’s new found form and self-belief of Dublin City Womens FC was put to a very serious test as they took on a Slingers City Ladies who had complied a near identical 4-0-1 record to Mortal Joe’s side.
            The Dublin tactics appeared to be on the Leicester City model, as they allowed Slingers to have the majority of the ball and then aimed to hit them on lightening counters after turning it over. This resulted in just 45% possession across the match, but also five chances to zero. It took until the fifth one for a breakthrough though, but with 87 minutes on the clock up popped Adelina Ciutacu to nod home and send the Phoenix Park crowd in to raptures.
            Dublin remain second in Division 6:57 after the win. They trail leaders Black Widow by three points and -12 GD, which is a gap that will be hard to close as long as the Spiders maintain their 100% record. The flip side is Slingers City are now three points and -3 GD back in third.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
              I think it was SDR who had a "results trough" recently; hope it's over. I'm in one now certainly for the Swine and Old Spots. The former in particular I had high expectations for this season and cannot buy a win. The latter are at risk of relegation.

It affects your mindset when setting tactics. Sorry, it affects my mindset when setting tactics.
              Something of a trough going on at Hideous Towns, but my other teams are doing OK, so I can't complain overall.

Still, here's a complaint.

What is a little frustrating is that in the last two weeks, I have lost games in which the chance counts have been 6-1, 6-2 and 7-2 in my favour. No doubt it has happened, but I honestly can't remember being on the right side of a game like that in over four years of playing X11.
              Last edited by Hot Orange; 24-09-2017, 10:09. Reason: Noticed I said I couldn't complain, then complained.

Comment

X11 Ladies Cup fourth round report. One-off matches from here on to one of the OTF teams claiming the Cup itself (maybe, hopefully...)

Code:
                Man City Ladies		1 - 1	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                Stiles 17'		A.E.T.	Prins 75'

Man City win 3-1 on penalties

Shinjuku Nadeshiko	0 - 1	LNWR Locomotive
                				Perätalo 80'

C.D.Villarramiel	1 - 0	Drakaina
                Chambers 66'

Viking South Utsira	1 - 2	AS BABES DO VARDAS
                H.Hovland 37'		A.E.T.	Landeiro 34'
                				Vibäck 114'

Solent Sirens		0 - 2	PVFC Ladies
                				Tijahira 62'
                				Randall 80'
                The biggest challenge of R4 surely was the one facing Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC as they waited nervously to face top-flight opponents Man City Ladies.
                The Blues are two-times former runners-up in both the league and the cup, but are struggling this term which lead to this match being scheduled for pitch 1, with TV cameras hovering like vultures on a potential upset. Would SeanoftheShed’s side rise to the occasion or would they freeze in the spotlight. Mostly the former, even after Man City took a 17th minute lead that might have undermined less mentally tough groups. The Sea Spirits battled on despite that setback. Yes, they were on the back foot, but they were not out of the game, and it wasn’t really a great surprise when they equalised through Cindy Prins with 15 minutes to play.
                The remainder of normal time and all of extra-time flitted by with both sides playing cautiously, so it was on to penalties. Unfortunately these went wrong for Kanjeng from the get go, Diana Doom missing the first kick of the shoot-out (clearly Sean is not a believer in nominative determinism). City were not missing which meant that the Indonesians were on the brink after Simone Malmqvist was denied and out when Leila Azeite also couldn’t convert. Still, it was an exceptional attempt by a Division 5 side.

LNWR Locomotive had a real opportunity to make further progress as they took on fellow Division 5 side Shinjuku Nadeshiko.
                The Steamers went in to the match with more attacking intent than their Japanese opponents, who set up in a cautious 5-3-2 formation. This kept possession pretty even, but with chances tipped entirely in favour of Viktor Boskovic’s girls. The opportunities were not excessive in numbers, but equally there were enough of them for Karlo Perätalo heading in an 80th minute corner to feel like a deserved winner.
                The reward for reaching R5 is substantial, as LNWR have drawn another opponent from the same tier as themselves, Punktown´s Succubi of Division 5:14.

It was also intra-tier fare for Drakaina as they took on C.D.Villarramiel.
                It would prove to be a difficult match for The Dragons, who saw less than a third of the ball. Anastasia Shkolnikova was by far the busier ‘keeper, seeing off three shots in the first half to her opposite numbers zero. That is a technical null, as Sandrine Petit had the ball in the Villarramiel on 16 minutes, only to fall foul of referee Manuel Ficu.
                Etienne’s side needed that one to count to change the pattern of the match, and without it doing so it felt like just a matter of time until the Spaniards would score. 66 minutes, in fact. That strike decided the game, Drakaina exiting in R4 for the sixth time in the past eight attempts.

Viking South Utsira are used to deeper runs that the fourth round, and went in to their match against a side from two tiers lower, AS BABES DO VARDAS, expecting further progress.
                However The Blood Eagles are on the slide in the league at the moment, which their opponents took advantage of when they edged in front after 34 minutes. The deficit didn’t last long, Heidi Hovland’s long range strike levelling matters for Velvet Android’s side just three minutes.
                Viking didn’t follow that with a flurry of attacking though, the 90 minutes ending 1-1 as the game went into extra-time. Penalties were looking until, in the 114th minute, the ball found the head of a VARDAS player, who beat young Utsiran ‘keeper Monike Austrheim to knock the Blood Eagles out; it was their earliest elimination for four seasons.

Are Cups a welcome break from the league, or a distraction? Well, that probably depends a little on how the bread-and-butter stuff is going, which, in Solent Sirens case, is utterly forgettably. Therefore a game against PVFC Ladies, who operate two tiers higher up the tree, was a game to be looking forward to.
                The Sirens rode their luck as Not-Port-Vale-clones-despite-their-initials took the game to them from the outset. PVFC had a goal disallowed after just two minutes, and created a number of chances to The Sirens dearth. Andrew7610’s side were therefore able to hang on until the just past the hour, but once one went in a second fairly swiftly followed, which pushed The Sirens out of the competition for this year.

Round 5 draw - And then there was one...
                Code:
                LNWR Locomotive	vs	Punktown´s Succubi (5:14)

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                  I saw a Golden League team called Inter your mother so complained to Linkin Park, the admin, asking for it to be changed. I did not hold out much hope but got a one word reply of done. I was pleasantly surprised.
                  Well done AE. Actually well done Linkin_Park by X11 "official" standards.

Curlies' recruitment almost done for Division 3, which basically comprised of buying pre-retirees.

Fair play on the Ladies' reports Janik, formidable. In French, not English. Sounds better.

Comment

I just got an email from the system informing me that should set my tactics as I had "less than 24 hours" to go before my game (with Sits in fact) in the Heineken. It was technically true as it came in 25 minutes before kick off time.

Comment

Handy. I hope you dropped everything and rushed to your computer for the truly important thing in life?
                      Anyway...

X11 Ladies League season 49, matchday 7 report. Halfway.

Code:
                      Division 3e

Viking South Utsira	2 - 1	Bethanys Binos
                      Quental 4'			Björkholts 38'
                      H.Hovland 42'

Division 4h

Cataluna Cats 		4 - 1	Drakaina
                      Bennett 31', 74'		Barry 44'
                      Bozinova 60'
                      Goreva 82'

Division 5:17

Throat Warbler Mangrove	1 - 3	LNWR Locomotive
                      Hato 56'			Vilhena 6'
                      				Ryman 40'
                      				Takahashi (O.G.) 71'

Division 5:18

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	0 - 1	The Pink
                      				Chip 25'

Division 5:21

Flick of the Wrist 	3 - 3	Witches of Chiswick
                      Dörre 17'			Oishi 21'
                      Ehart 70'			Ota 64'
                      Walsh 90'			Matzuoka 73'

Solent Sirens		0 - 1	Spandex FC
                      				Beldie 86'
                      				Leijonhufvud (missed pen) 53'

Victorious Secret	4 - 0	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                      Damiăo 22'
                      Twigg 38'
                      Giggs 49'
                      Granger (pen) 73'

Division 5:31

Csiki Girls		0 - 1	Chernabogs Valkyries
                      				Samúelsdottir 37'

Division 6:41

Invisible Ladies	3 - 1	Tagalog Ladys
                      Nádasdy 56'			Suwat 49'
                      Ackling (pen) 63'
                      Coppell 88'

Division 6:55

Menywod Maeshafn	5 - 0	Crvena Zvezda
                      Westerberg 4', 13'
                      Palmgren 6', 86'
                      van Hijde (pen) 31'

Division 6:57

Bryttes 		1 - 5	Dublin City Womens FC
                      Chantra 78'			Caldeira 4'
                      				Kĺmark 13', 59'
                      				Isabel Carreto 15'
                      				de Faria 57'

Comment

After two straight defeats a win was badly needed by Viking South Utsira when they took on Bethanys Binos.
                        The Blood Eagles wasted on time in pursuing their prey, Lurdes Quental firing in a direct free-kick after only 4 minutes play. Bethanys Binos levelled in the later part of the opening half, but once again the scores were level for less than 240 seconds before Heidi Hovland struck.
                        There was no further score after the break with just one scare for Utsira boss Velvet Android along the way. However his side held one comfortably to break the sequence of poor results. It was a win that lifted Viking back up to fourth in Division 3e, and put them closer to the play-off spot (two points) than the drop zone (three).

Drakaina came into their game at Cataluna Cats having exited the Cup and lost their last league match.
                        It looked like Etienne’s side would get something from the game when a strong first half performance culminated in Susanna Barry equalising the Cats opener. The second half wouldn’t pan out as well for The Dragons, with Cataluna stepping it up a notch and also proving sharp in their finishing as they danced their way to a 4-1 success [one of the goalscorers was Bozinova].
                        Drakaina dropped into the Division 4h relegation places after this result for what, at least according to my memory, is the first time this season. They sit sixth, a point from safety.

With the two sides sitting four points behind LNWR Locomotive in the Division 5:17 standings, a win was essential against bottom side Throat Warbler Mangrove to preserve The Steamers safety cushion.
                        And a win was something it looked like Viktor Boskovic’s charges would get after they went ahead early on through Corália Vilhena. Lisa Ryman made it two before the interval, and though Mangrove pulled one back the gap was back to two soon enough after Suzuko Takahashi turned in to her own net after 71 minutes.
                        That was all she wrote, Locomotive seeing out a win that keeps them fifth in the table and four points clear of Sunhilla Ladies, who won the sixth vs. seventh battle.

Having got away with one a week ago when Coxy Ladies Wulpen won despite manager Janik forgetting to set them up, all was confidence ahead of the game against The Pink; the boss was in situ, the game plan was detailed, what could possibly go wrong?
                        Well, Moreen Mahony could have a tenth minute effort disallowed and The Waders could subsequently find themselves outplayed and outfought for the entire 90 minutes, that’s what. The Pink only struck once, but that was enough.
                        The defeat was Wulpen’s first in the Division 5:18 play this season. Despite it, they remain top and indeed three points clear after second-placed Northern Soul Ladies were held to a draw.

Witches of Chiswick’s trip to fifth placed Flick of the Wrist was not just an opportunity for The Bewitched, but for all the bottom three sides in Division 5:21; if Chiswick won, Flick would be drawn back into the fight. If they lost, the gap would continue to grow.
                        One intriguing aspect of the Witches is their strong connection with West London’s expat Japanese community, which has proved a fertile source of players in recent years. The latest off the production line is Tori Oishi, who is a 17 year-old midfielder. She made her debut in this one, and it took her only 21 minutes to find the back of the net. Oishi’s strike was only a leveller however as the hosts had gone ahead four minutes earlier.
                        The match stood all square at the interval after a half where The Bewitched had had more of the ball but fewer chances. That would also be the case after the break, but with the opportunities amped up for both sides. Chiswick were the next to strike, Terumi Ota making it 2-1 on 64 minutes, but once again Flick of the Wrist fought back. However this time Wiblflibl’s side also responded, Tomiko Matzuoka turning in a worked free-kick routine for what was also her first career goal.
                        With time running out a crucial win seemed in The Bewitched’s grasp, but the chances did keep on coming. Could they scramble to the end? Alas, no, as Flick snatched a point with a 90th minute strike.
                        The other two OTF sides both faced difficult tasks on matchday 7. In Solent Sirens’ case that meant taking on unbeaten league leaders Spandex FC.
                        What Andrew7610’s side needed was a little bit of luck, such as an opening Spandex goal being ruled out by referee Constance Paine. And then a little bit more as Paine tried to make up for this be awarding the visitors a penalty, only to see Anneli Leijonhufvud ‘s effort well saved by Lucy Berkley. However, just when it seemed that The Sirens would get a very handy point out of the day, up popped a Spandex player to break their hearts.
                        Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC task was a trip to second-placed Victorious Secret. It would prove too much for SeanoftheShed’s side too handle.
                        Constant pressure was exerted on the Sea Spirits goal, which resulted in strikes at regular intervals. Referee Al Beback wasn’t helping, awarding the hosts a dubious penalty. However by then the score was already 3-0, and after the spot kick made it four there would be no further additions.
                        Kanjeng lose ground on the leading teams after defeat; they are still fourth, but are now four points adrift of the play-off spot. Solent and Chiswick remain locked together at the foot of the table, separated by just goal difference in seventh and eighth place. Both are seven points from safety.

After some good recent results, it was time to put Csiki Girls credentials to the test as they hosted top-of-the-table Chernabogs Valkyries.
                        They certainly made it tough for the leaders, restricting Valkyries to just one shot. Unfortunately it was a single, effective, effort. Ad Hoc’s side also managed just a solitary attempt on goal, but unlike their fortuitous visitors it didn’t go in.
                        Defeat saw Csiki Girls slip a place to sixth (i.e. below the line) in Division 5:31 at the halfway stage of the campaign. They are two points from safety.

Stopping the rot was the order of the day for Invisible Ladies, whose promotion challenge has foundered in recent weeks. Makign sure this didn’t morph into a relegation battle was also the objective as they took on the side one place behind themselves, Tagalog Ladys.
                        The first half was chance filled, with The See-Throughs getting the odd chance of the seven created. Despite this the match reached the interval goalless. That didn’t remain the case for long after the break, visitors Tagalog stunning the San Seethrough crowd by edging in front.
                        This could have prompted a mental crisis in a weaker team than Invisible, but Pebblethefish’s mob are made of stern stuff, and as the manager cajoled from the touchline they kept playing their game, the chances kept coming and with them, the goals. Beáta Nádasdy levelled things up on 56 minutes, Bea Ackling cheekily dinked home a penalty to put her side ahead after 63 and Virginia Coppell made things safe late on with a rare goal.
                        The win moved The See-Throughs up a place to fourth in Division 6:41 and just as importantly increased their advantage on the drop zone to five points.

There is a reasonable case to be made that Menywod Maeshafn league position was misleadingly low, seeing as their first meeting with zombies Crvena Zvezda only happened in the final game of the opening half of the season.
                        The outcome of the game was rapidly apparent as Ada Westerberg struck twice in the opening fifteen minutes, her goals coming either side of a Hannah Palmgren effort. Elodie van Hijde added a penalty just past the half-hour at which point IsThatcherDeadYet’s side rather slowed up their attack. But they didn’t quite entirely curtail it, Palmgren making it five with a late header.
                        The win rebalanced the Division 6:55 table by lifting Maeshafn up to fourth spot, equidistant at three points between the play-off place and the drop zone. And, of course, in the second half of the campaign the Welsh side will have the advantage of playing Red Star first.

A zombie was also the order of the day for Dublin City Womens FC, as they went away to Bryttes.
                        The Dubs matched Maeshafn by putting the game to bed with three goals in the opening fifteen minutes, Eunice Caldeira, Veronica Kĺmark and Ana Isabel Carreto striking. It would prove to be a mixed day for Isabel Carreto though as she suffered an 11-day injury early in the second-half. That probably won’t be too costly for Dublin as a team, the only game Isabel Carreto will miss is the return against Bryttes which is something Mortal Joe’s should have comfortably in hand without her. However in terms of lost form and DV opportunities it was still a painful one.
                        Isabel Carreto’s teammates clearly took exception to the challenge that hurt her, and they did so in the correct manner, channelling their anger into scoring further goals, Manuela de Faria and Kĺmark increasing the tally to five in the immediate aftermath of the stretcher departing.
                        Bryttes netted a consolation late on, of only symbolic value as Dublin made it six wins from seven Division 6:57 matches. That is a record that leaves them second in the table, in the middle of a three-way battle for the promotion and play-off spots. Leaders Black Widow FC still hold a perfect record, whilst third-place side Slingers City Ladies have won all their games but the two against the top two. It makes the return fixtures basically a mini-league.

Comment

And then there was one... for the X11 Ladies Cup fifth round report.

Code:
                          LNWR Locomotive		1 - 0	Punktown´s Succubi
                          Hutson 59'
                          That sole OTF representative was LNWR Locomotive, who took on fellow Division 5 side in Punktown´s Succubi.
                          Simply making games at the neutral venue a round ago was already pretty uncharted territory for Viktor Boskovic’s girls; The Steamers had not been beyond Round 3 in the manager’s 10 previous seasons at the club. Indeed they had only made R3 once in that time, which was fewer times than their exits in the zombie-filled opening round. So coming back to play in the big show (physically and metaphorically) was already a significant achievement.
                          The draw had thrown up a very winnable tie, though, which added some pressure to the occasion. The Steamers rather rode their luck in the opening half as Punktown had more of the ball, both the chances and also had the ball in Ahu Gültag’s goal on 37 minutes, only for referee George Buske to intervene.
                          Locomotive took maximum advantage of Buske’s decision in the 59th minute when Gayane Zakarian through ball sent Kaitlyn Hutson racing away unopposed. She finished coolly, with what would prove LNWR’s sole chance of the game. However, one goal beats no goals so another set of hotel rooms need booking as The Steamers will be back at The Arena next week to take on Swedish Division 2a outfit Rangers FC.

Round 6 draw
                          Code:
                          LNWR Locomotive	vs	Rangers FC (2a)

Comment

Amazing match reports Janik, your dedication is unmatched.

How is the Xpert Ladies these days, have they calmed down and have the sexists eased off at all? I'm getting a bit disillusioned with the Under23s Premier which is a bit of a one-trick pony and only has 24 members. I've joined the Admin team to help out after someone volunteered to Admin because no one else would. So any withdrawal would need to be managed carefully. When does the Xpert Ladies season end?

Comment

The Xpert Zone change reports are in and straight away the league is set up to allow three friendlies.

I've got no money and the beginner zone is going to be really tough, 12 teams with 6 going up and 6 going down. I'm going to play for development values only and if I end up in the top 6 then it's a miracle and if I go down hopefully I'll be much stronger to bounce back up.

Let's see how quickly Fenerbahçe start their sales, I still can't believe Wayne thought there was nothing going on.

Comment

Tobermory and Tiree Automatic finally get cast in the same division...

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                  The Xpert Zone change reports are in and straight away the league is set up to allow three friendlies.

I've got no money and the beginner zone is going to be really tough, 12 teams with 6 going up and 6 going down. I'm going to play for development values only and if I end up in the top 6 then it's a miracle and if I go down hopefully I'll be much stronger to bounce back up.

Let's see how quickly Fenerbahçe start their sales, I still can't believe Wayne thought there was nothing going on.
                                  I've got screenshots of the "Bought Players" page of his three private Fenerbahçes from mid-August and mid-September. I think one more month, then I'm considering a big spreadsheet with columns including date bought, date sold, price paid and received, skill/age on entry and departure, games played, whether he was there for a CR.... oh it's going to be quite big isn't it?

Comment

Looking forward to seeing that work of art Sits.

Comment

Don't hold your breath. If Wayne still won't believe it we'll have to bring in MI6.

Comment

Noirs de Bigorre looking for a friendly invite in the Xpert Zone.

Also I've confirmed to the Admin team of the U23 Premiership I'll quit at the end of the season. Conveniently this is four days before the end of the Xpert Ladies season.

Comment

It's been a while since we've had an OTF league roundup, and we're over halfway through the season now, so let's have one why not:

OTF:

Surprise package of the season are Amwythig Dragons, obviously riled by Dandy Town overtaking them in the all time standings, who've gone straight from promotion to a title challenge. They're currently tied on points with the defending champions, who top the table by only one goal. It's something of an attack v defence battle, with Town boasting the firepower and the Dragons the defensive prowess. Defence wins championships according to the pundits, but that's a lazy uninformed truism in classic pundit style, so only a fool would read anything into that. Vita Mortis, four points further back, are probably the only other realistic challengers, with the Monkeys and Banik Roystonov making up the mid-table. With only four points separating them, any of the bottom five could go down (league reconstruction pending of course), with Eriskay Expression and Třnder BK currently the right side of the line, and Athletico Deva, Hideous Towns and Nieuwegein Kneebiters hoping to peg them back.

Shadi Farag of the Dragons has a three goal lead in the goalscoring chart, with over half his side's goals, while the assists chart is a far closer affair, jointly lead by Ödön Lehota (Town) and Ryan Threlfall and Seymour Buckley (both Mortis), with a further nine players only one further back.

Division 1:
                                          Unbeaten Wednesday de la Zouch have a three point lead at the top, with a chasing pack of Berkshire Swine, Hornville, Great Ouse Town, Rejects Redux and possibly even Zeugmaspor (if they could start turning a few draws into wins). The bottom four are somewhat adrift, so it'll likely be three from Steaua Bridge, Belvedere Renyta, Great Northern Railway and Les Incoherents starting life in division two next season.

Things are a lot tighter than in OTF in terms of goals, with three players tied for first, and equally so for assists, with five tied at the top, with a host of players only one back in both charts.

Division 2:
                                          Four Candles and Locomotiv Noj are the runaway leaders in the division (the Candles with a three point lead), with Turd Division floating in a punchbowl of their own in third. Presumably planning for next season are the midtable bunch of Brentford Triangle, Thorntree Star, die Ambosse and Saltney Drawers, while the bottom three (Pinewood Passers, Poplar Massive Crew and AFC Harford) will be doing the same in division three, barring a fairly large turnaround in form.

Three players are tied for first in goals, two from Turd Division and one from Four Candles, with Candles's Yiorgos Zografakis ahead by one point in the assists chart.

Division 3:
                                          OWC Albion look nailed on for promotion with a five point lead in first, with Heffron Phoenix and Wensleydale Blues favourites to join them in second and third.
                                          Any of a chasing pack of FC Blasé, Brian Munchingflapjack and Kernow Kensa are poised just behind those two should they slip up though, so it's still all to play for. The bottom four are well out of it though, which means Brutal Deluxe Redux, Clerkenwell Excelsior, Intern Nazis on ale and the pointless Wharfedale Generals are all likely to be playing the kids for the remainder of the season.

Albion's Gideon Mudge leads the way in goals, with Phoenix's Pertti Arola doing the same for assists.

Comment

Thanks Gawpus. I'm more likely to turn the draws into defeats.

Comment

I'm not sure if I Wensleydale are ready to go up, given the thumpings that were doled out on a twice-weekly basis last time we were in the third tier. Some good players coming through now, so I'm trying to ensure everyone plays regularly enough to build up DV.

I have a no-purchase rule so all my additions are from the youth set-up.

Comment

Thanks a lot Gawpus, very timely.

And MOF - what do you do with all your cash apart from training and bonuses? Training and bonuses I suppose.

Comment

Nice to see OWC Albion doing so well, no idea where most of that team came from ; )

Nice roundup Gawpus, good to see that you and the ever reliable Janik still do these as they were a big part of getting X11 being so popular on OTF . Hopefully the OTF will be expanded next year as Whoft Fluffopolis have put their application in already and another 3 teams would make life easier I assume for Etienne next season. No pressure then Kev to take up one of those spots....

Comment

Or Clive...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X