No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janik, thanks for the fantastic match day report. Dublin City Womens FC having indeed a much better time this season. From the seven competitive games this season, including Cup games, we lost indeed only the first one against Black Widow FC and even then we gave them a good fight. Three of the 8 teams are zombies, so we are guaranteed 6th Division football next season. Blach Widow FC are the favourites to win, Slingers City Ladies would be my favourites for the playoff space. But we might have a word on that, we have to play them.

The good thing to have a bit of an inflated squad with mostly young players is that the young players gaining DV quickly. So I can leave some of the players out for the next games to get out the best of DV for the most of the players. I do think we can think of a return to Division 5 next season, latest.

Comment

Oh that's a relief. I thought I might be breaking some league agreement! Well, Kerry is the only one who's any good but he's already attracted bids (also, I originally misremembered him as a Republican pres candidate and of course he was a Democrat and so I can do SATIRE while managing a fictional football team). I'll bung the other three wasters back on the list then.

I've officially applied to the Human League waiting list.

Sorry Sean, I really did mean it about limiting my teams, and furthermore I won't be doing any more '24 hour takeovers' in case the same thing happens. I hope the Heineken is prospering though.

Comment

Originally posted by MortalJoe View Post
        I have never seen that a player lost 3 bars after a CR, you learn something new every day, even if you do not like it.
        Ah well, her DV was only at '1' when I took over, so I prioritised some of the other players, and it was still on '1' at the end of the season. In retrospect, I might have tried to get her up to '4' or '5', but she'd probably still have lost 2 bars....

Comment

Hideous Towns' transformation from really-quite-good title contenders into nailed-on-for-relegation no-hopers in the space of one close season is pretty impressive, you have to admit.

Comment

I see you in the waiting list DM. Voulez-Vous?

Comment

Excellent CR for the Babirusas yesterday in the Brythonnic. If I say so myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                Hideous Towns' transformation from really-quite-good title contenders into nailed-on-for-relegation no-hopers in the space of one close season is pretty impressive, you have to admit.
                Eh, it's been done. Nieuwegein Kneebiters were runners up in Season 30, and were relegated in Season 31.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                  Excellent CR for the Babirusas yesterday in the Brythonnic. If I say so myself.
                  Make that "Les Sangliers, in the league I supposedly run".

Comment

Never mind Sits, these pigs all look alike.

Brockham Lime Works are 'enjoying' another odd season - a dreadful start, one win in 8 games, that had me resigned to relegation has been followed by 5 wins in 6 that have moved us up to third and see us as league top scorers. We're still closer to relegation than to the leaders but I'd more than settle for that. A bit of prize money would be more than welcome as we'll almost certainly need to replace our superstar defender and set piece magician, William Westhumble, after the season. To further add a frisson of tension, there are four games remaining and he currently has 99 career goals...
                    Last edited by SouthdownRebel; 13-09-2017, 18:37.

Comment

Suffragette City had a bit of a boost. Our critical lack of money meant that we needed to transfer list Clara Zetkin after she double jumped (as a 17/6 with shooting she's notionally valued at 14m, but I'll be happy to get 8m+) whereupon our academy produced a 17/4 with intelligence, shots, long pass and speed. I'd have liked to keep both, but it'd have required a full squad readjustment and I want to have another title shot first.

Comment

Lucky b*****d! Loving those names, by the way, Etienne

Comment

One game left in the Golden League season. Lincolnshire Curly Coats have got themselves to the play-off spot and we have an interesting endgame: Curlies play the bottom side while 1st and 3rd face off.

The Curlies warmed up by hosting Persevere who are second in the top flight. Their logo is a Proclaimers cover, the manager seems a nice chap so they are my tip for the title.

Comment

Notification to Cumberland Whites this morning: George Knock has recovered from injury.

Comment

X11 Ladies Cup third round report.

Code:
                              Csiki Girls		0 - 2	Bolton Ladies College
                              				Pembridge 25'
                              				Perkins 59'

Bolton Ladies College	2 - 0	Csiki Girls
                              Carreras 12'
                              McAnespie 70'

Bolton win 4-0 on aggregate

Dublin City Womens FC	0 - 0	Bruksdamernas IF

Bruksdamernas IF	0 - 0	Dublin City Womens FC
                              			A.E.T.

0-0 on aggregate. Bruksdamernas win 4-3 on penalties.

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	1 - 0	Bianconero Bambina
                              Azeite 64'

Bianconero Bambina	1 - 1	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                              Howison 65'			Conte (O.G.) 18'

Kanjeng win 2-1 on aggregate

LNWR Locomotive		1 - 0	WTA Tour
                              Ryman 63'

WTA Tour		1 - 1	LNWR Locomotive
                              Görges (pen) 26'		Vergueiro (pen) 79'

LNWR win 2-1 on aggregate

As Mondeguinas		4 - 2	Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                              Presa 40', 87'			Tjørring 25'
                              Praça 70'			Mahony 48'
                              Flores 87'

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	1 - 1	As Mondeguinas
                              Madjarevic 5'			Presa 71'

Mondeguinas win 5-3 on aggregate

F.C Murad		0 - 1	Drakaina
                              				Atum 35'

Drakaina		1 - 0	F.C Murad
                              Petit 87'

Drakaina win 2-0 on aggregate

P1p0s Girls		2 - 3	Viking South Utsira
                              Corvelo 24'			Fevereiro 9'
                              Favas 42'			N.Austrheim 33'
                              				Quental 93'

Viking South Utsira	4 - 1	P1p0s Girls
                              Quental 6'			Corvelo 31'
                              E.Klovning 44'
                              Fevereiro (pen) 65', 74'

VSU win 7-3 on aggregate

Solent Sirens		2 - 0	Invictus Ladies FC
                              Abbiati 4'
                              de Beauvoir 36'

Invictus Ladies FC	0 - 0	Solent Sirens

Solent win 2-0 on aggregate

Witches of Chiswick	0 - 3	Chupacabra
                              				Lemba 15'
                              				Ärmpalu 26', 40'

Chupacabra		3 - 1	Witches of Chiswick
                              Õnneleid 17'			Ota 11'
                              Kartus 34'
                              Ärmpalu 89'

Chupacabra win 6-1 on aggregate

Comment

Csiki Girls had a serious task on their hands as they took on Bolton Ladies College of Division 4.
                                The first half of the opening leg at A kertem saw Ad Hoc’s side working hard to stay in the game despite limited amounts of possession. They did well to limit the visitors to just a single shot before the interval. Unfortunately it went in. Faced with a potential deficit from the home leg the Csiki’s had to push on more in the second-half and consequently got caught on the break just before the hour.
                                The only chance the Romanians had in the return was scoring first, and that disappeared when the Scholars struck on 12 minutes. Bolton added another midway through the second half to complete the job and leave Csiki Girls concentrating on the league.

The key performers in Dublin City Womens FC’s two matches against Division 4 outfit Bruksdamernas IF proved to be referees Justin Thyme and Irre Levant.
                                Thyme was whistling in the first match at Phoenix Park, and made his first telling intervention after 48 minutes when he disallowed Ana Isabel Carreto strike. Just to prove he was equally willing to get involved at the other end, he also wiped out an 87th minute effort from Bruksdamernas.
                                Leg two was Irre Levant turn. She only got involved once, wiping out an effort by the hosts in the opening half. Possibly reacting to this more lenient performance, the two teams did create chances, nine of them in fact split 5-4 in Bruksdamernas’ favour (this compares to just one, which came for the visiting side in the opening leg). However no goals were forthcoming from these opportunities, and so it was on to penalties.
                                The wags in the crowd had it that even these wouldn’t count, until Ai Kamide shut them up with the first kick. Coral Batty missed Dublin’s second, and though Ivy Ryder did her best, scoring the third penalty and then getting up to deny Evy Lucifer, another failure to convert by Isabel Carreto proved decisive.
                                Despite exiting, there were many, many positives for Mortal Joe to take from these matches. His side had gone head-to-head with one two steps higher, and had completely matched them for 210 minutes. The corner has been well and truly turned.

Some famous names lined up against Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC as their opponents Bianconero Bambina (Division 3) stayed true to their origins by including the daughters of many current and former Juventus players in their side.
                                The famous fathers would have been fretful watching on from the stands in the opening leg as their progeny were the ones whose goal was under threat as The Sea Spirits made light of the two tier gap in the status of the sides. Three chances provided one goal for SeanoftheShed’s side, Leila Azeite striking with a pinpoint accurate free-kick after 64 minutes. Alex Del Piero would have been proud.
                                A one-nil home win in leg one gives a pretty handy platform for the return; one away goal and the lead becomes massive in what had proved a tight contest. Diana Doom thought she had it after 11 minutes, but George Buske was not equally convinced. He was sure that Antonia Conte turning the ball into her own net seven minutes later counted, though.
                                That left the Young Ladies needing three. They only got one, on 65 minutes, scored by an interloper. Kanjeng’s reward for pulling off this shock result is an opportunity to achieve an even larger one, as their Round 4 opponents at the arena will be top flight side and twice beaten finalists Man City Ladies.

A cross-sporting encounter was the order of play for LNWR Locomotive as they took on the WTA Tour.
                                The Tennis Players operate at Division 5 level when pursuing their sideline but were missing their best midfielder for the opening leg at Mollington Street as Madison Keys was apparently injured (or playing the US Open final, one of the two). The Steamers took advantage to dominate the centre of the park, running their opponents into the corners and eventually opening the space for Lisa Ryman to put it beyond the reach of ‘keeper Ana Ivanovic.
                                The return on Centre Court was a match heavily influence by code violations. Locomotive committed the first, Julia Görges exacting punishment from the spot but with just over 10 minutes left The Steamers got a spot kick of their own, which Adozinda Vergueiro icily smashed away. As an away goal that was a decisive break, The Steamers serving out the remaining time with minimum fuss.
                                The next round sees Viktor Boskovic’s side take on 111th seeds Shinjuku Nadeshiko of Division 5:16.

Coxy Ladies Wulpen were matched up with a side from one step higher than themselves, As Mondeguinas of Division 4.
                                The Waders started the opening leg well, Solvej Tjørring scoring after 25 minutes. Mondeguinas equalised before the interval, but playing away from home made this a good opening 45 from Janik’s side. It looked even better when Moreen Mahony edged them back in front with a second away goal after 48 minutes. With twenty minutes to go that was how the score remained, but not how it ended as Wulpen rather ran out of steam and shipped three in the remaining time to trail 4-2 after the opener.
                                An early goal to open the return match from Ursula Madjarevic raised Belgian hopes of a comeback. The Curlews' Nest crowd were in full cry after this, and briefly went overboard when Madjarevic found the back of the net again on 56 minutes only for their cheers to get stuck in their throats as they noticed the flag up. That would be as close to turning it around as The Waders got, Mondeguinas getting an insurance strike after 71 minutes.

The tag of favourites was placed on the heads of Drakaina ahead of their meetings with Division 6 outfit F.C Murad.
                                It would be a mantle The Dragons would were reasonably comfortably. An away goal after 35 minutes of the opening leg from Silvia Atum gave Etienne’s side an advantage on their return to Delphi. This would prove slightly on edge as Murad had a good deal of the play. Grace Winter’s strike on 44 minutes counting would have made it easier on the home fans nerves rather than waiting 87 minutes for Sandrine Petit to poke home the settler, which is what actually happened.
                                Next up for Drakaina are a fellow Division 4 side, C.D.Villarramiel of 4o.

Viking South Utsira found Division 5 side P1p0s Girls to be annoyingly clingy opponents.
                                Round 3 is barely waking up time for The Blood Eagles and normal service looked like it was on its way when Magda Fevereiro turned in a 9th minute corner. However P1p0s soon equalised, and did so again just before the interval after Nina Austrheim had restored Viking’s advantage on 33 minutes. What was needed was a strike with no time to respond, which is exactly what Lurdes Quental provided with a free-kick deep into stoppage time.
                                Ahead and with three away goals in the bag, leg two appeared a mere formality for Velvet Android’s side, particularly when Quental opened the scoring after 6 minutes. However P1p0s were still proving pesky, once again clawing the match back on 33 minutes. It needed another goal just before the whistle to break their spirits, Emilie Klovning providing it from a 44th minute corner.
                                With the visitors needing two to force extra-time, a further goal for The Blood Eagles was going to be a killer, and it arrived after 65 minutes when Fevereiro stroked home from the spot. She added a fourth for good measure to the pleasure of the happy and well-entertained Ragnar Rock crowd.
                                Next up for Viking are AS BABES DO VARDAS, who need a greater respect than their league status, Division 5:26, might imply as they made it as far as Round 7 of the Cup last season.

The toughest draw amongst the OTF sides in Round 3 landed on Solent Sirens as they took on Invictus Ladies FC of Division 2.
                                You wouldn’t have known this from the opening leg as The Sirens put on a scintillating performance to create a string of chances against a listless Invictus side. About the only down side for manager Andrew7610 from the opening leg was that his side were that first half goals from Geovana Abbiati (4 minutes) and Simone de Beauvoir (36) were not added to despite four second-half opportunities. Abbiati’s goal was her first for Solent after her 5 million econ-plus closed season signing, by the way.
                                Would the failure to kill the tie off cost the South Coast club in leg two? Not a bit of it. Once against it was The Sirens who were on top. Yes, they once more didn’t make full use of their opportunities, not scoring from any of their three openings. But with Invictus once again not managing a shot the two first leg first half strikes were more than enough in the end.
                                Having disposed of a tier three team, Solent’s next challenge is one from the fourth as they play PVFC Ladies of 3e.

Would the cup provide relief from Witches of Chiswick recently league struggles? Not if Division 4 side Chupacabra had anything to do with it it wouldn’t.
                                The first leg at Field Lane was mostly one way traffic coming at Ellie Ingram’s goal. The stopper did what she could, but with three first half away strikes, the tie was essentially done by the time of the first half-time cuppa.
                                The Bewitched stopped the bleeding at half-time of leg one, but couldn’t register any back in the first match. Wiblflibl’s side were better served in the return, Terumi Ota giving them an 11th minute lead. That briefly raised hopes of an unlikely comeback, but only very temporarily as Chupacabra soon restored their three goal cushion. Further home strikes added up to a final aggregate of 6-1.

Round 4 draw - to the Arena!
                                Code:
                                Man City Ladies (Xpert Ladies)	vs	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                Shinjuku Nadeshiko (5:16)	vs	LNWR Locomotive
                                C.D.Villarramiel (4o)		vs	Drakaina
                                Viking South Utsira		vs	AS BABES DO VARDAS (5:26)
                                Solent Sirens			vs	PVFC Ladies (3e)

Comment

X11 Ladies League season 49, matchday 5 report.

Code:
                                  Division 3e

Viking South Utsira	1 - 2	La République de Random
                                  Quental 50'			Ståhl 29'
                                  				Maubert 86'
                                  				Sims (sent off) 46'

Division 4h

Pinkie Pie 		1 - 0	Drakaina
                                  Davison 41'

Division 5:17

LNWR Locomotive		0 - 0	FC Sprezzatura

Division 5:18

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	4 - 1	Wheelies Wobblers
                                  Cornelis 5'			Palosaari 57'
                                  Vandenbergh (pen) 37', 90'
                                  Madjarevic 52'

Division 5:21

Flick of the Wrist	2 - 1	Solent Sirens
                                  Ehart 51', 91'			de Beauvoir 87'

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	2 - 0 	Aspull Academicals
                                  Sangaji 63'
                                  Azeite 66'			Remis (sent off) 48'

Witches of Chiswick	0 - 2	Victorious Secret
                                  				Palmgren 30'
                                  				Damião 76'

Division 5:31

Farkaslányok		0 - 1 	Csiki Girls
                                  				Birch 34'

Division 6:41

Invisible Ladies	1 - 3	DSV 1900 Frauen
                                  Neves 60'			Sadowski 7', 17'
                                  				Ackley 50'

Division 6:55

The World Is Yours 	0 - 1	Menywod Maeshafn
                                  				van Hijde 76'

Division 6:57

Dublin City Womens FC	5 - 1	Terrific ladies
                                  Ciutacu 1'			Shvyryaeva 43'
                                  Isabel Carreto 6', 31'
                                  Dunganstown 17'
                                  Clifden 82'
                                  It’s been an up-and-down season so far in the league for Viking South Utsira. They faced another potential turning point as they took on the side who had replaced them at the summit of Division 3e following the previous match, La République de Random.
                                  Referee Robert Nixon took centre stage for much of the first half, disallowing efforts from both sides, Lurdes Quental the Viking denied. However even he couldn’t stop The Blood Eagles trailing at the interval as Random took a deserved advantage into the break.
                                  Exactly what was said in the away dressing room remains unreported, but it certainly would Random midfielder Chloe Sims up something chronic as mere seconds into the second-half she launched an all-out assault on Utsira’s Asta Austrheim prompting a straight red card (Austrheim played on through a minor injury, because she is nails). Velvet Android’s side swiftly made the most of their man advantage, Quental striking from a direct free-kick on 50 minutes. However VSU were not able to build on this, and were surprisingly caught on the counter as Random nicked a winner inside the last ten minutes.
                                  Defeat sees The Blood Eagles slip to fourth in the table. They are now five points behind the leaders, two off the play-offs and only two ahead of the drop zone.

Matchday 5 saw Drakaina facing a tough one against the indefinably-irritating My Little Pony aficionados Pinkie Pie.
                                  Small Plastic Pony toys would prove themselves better than Dragons in this one as Etienne’s side struggled for a claw-hold in the game. The closest they came was when Fionulla Mourne had the ball in the Pinkie Pie net two minutes after the hosts (deserved) 41st minute opener. However Mourne’s strike was ruled out, and with it went Drakaina’s chance of anything from the game as they would create no legitimate chances on the day.
                                  The Dragons dropped one spot to fourth in Division 4h following this result, four points off the play-off place and just two clear of the relegation positions.

Comment

The top four sides in Division 5:17 all playing each other was an opportunity for one of their number, LNWR Locomotive to close the four point gap that had sprung up between themselves and FC Sprezzatura and the others in the top three.
                                    The first half offered limited encouragement for Viktor Boskovic’s side as they failed to create a shot, though the silver lining to this period was their visitors only managing one unsuccessful one. There was a bit more for the Mollington Street crowd to get excited about after the break as The Steamers at least tried pot shots on a couple of occasions. However these were not particularly threatening, and neither were Sprezzatura’s three efforts in this period as the match petered out to a nil-nil stalemate.
                                    The other top-of-the-table clash also finished scoreless, meaning Locomotive have neither gained or lost ground on the leaders. They have lost a place in the standings though as Gretna Girls FC zoomed past. Meanwhile the gap to the bottom three remains healthy at four points.

Top against nearly bottom was the offering at The Curlew’s Next as hosts Coxy Ladies Wulpen took on struggling Wheelies Wobblers.
                                    Waders boss Janik took a gamble by handing a debut to young forward Kirsten Cornelis. This rapidly paid off as within five minutes Cornelis had scored with a long-range shot. She’s a confident girl. Shots continued to rain in on the Wobblers goal in the first half, but with only one further one registering, and that a penalty converted by Laetitia Vandenbergh after 37 minutes.
                                    A third seemed inevitable, arriving after 52 minutes via the boot of Ursula Madjarevic. At this point it just seemed a matter of how many Wulpen could be bothered to score, but within minutes a very nasty injury to midfielder Solvej Tjørring (26 days!) had broken Coxy Ladies flow, Wheelies taking advantage to pull one back inside two minutes of the game restarting following the injury-hiatus. This didn’t really threaten to change the overall situation, but even so Vandenbergh’s second of the day on 90 minutes was needed before the home fans could breathe completely easily.
                                    The win, combined with other results, saw Wulpen move four points clear at the top of Division 5:18.

A crunch game at the Topeka Stadium saw Solent Sirens visiting fellow Division 5:21 strugglers Flick of the Wrist.
                                    A match with the potential to kick-start either team’s season produced an unsurprisingly cagey first half, without a single opening. It started to open up after the break, with the hosts taking the lead. The Sirens were being forced increasingly on to the back foot as play progressed, until a breakaway in the 87th minute offered a lifeline, which Simone de Beauvoir grabbed with alacrity. Unfortunately what could have been a big celebration for a point gained against the odds ended up instead as a real wake for Andrew7610’s team after Flick scored a stoppage time winner. That the hosts had deserved it does little to mitigate the pain.
                                    The season has been rather more positive so far for Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC, who welcomed Aspull Academicals to Merapi-Kraton-South Sea.
                                    The first half saw The Sea Spirits on top without breaking through. Any worry in the home dressing room about this was quelled three minutes into the second-half when Aspull’s Caroline Remis proved herself not very bright by earning a straight red card. This turned ‘if’ into ‘when’, the answer being the 63rd minute. The scorer was more unexpected, defender Utami Sangaji netting just her second career goal in 80-odd appearances.
                                    SeanoftheShed’s side soon had a second through a more familiar source, a Leila Azeite direct free-kick, at which point the boss made three quick subs which gave lots of good playing time at the possible expense of on-pitch coherence and running up the score. A worthwhile trade in the long-term.
                                    Bottom of the table Witches of Chiswick could probably have done without facing leaders Victorious Secret this week (or indeed at any point given their objectifying kits).
                                    The Bewitched never really got a foothold in the game, conceding once in each half and not producing a single shot of their own. It was a defeat which kept Wiblflibl’s side rooted to the foot of the table, one place and point below Solent Sirens who themselves are now three points from safety. In contrast Kanjeng Ratu Kidul are operating at the other end, moving up to third, two points behind the play-off place and four off the leaders.

There was only one way to describe how important it was for Csiki Girls to win at bottom-of-the-table Farkaslányok: imperative.
                                    The Csiki’s hosts didn’t have a point or a goal to their name, which made this the perfect opportunity to finally get the wins column ticking over after a string of draws. Cometh the hour, cometh an unlikely hero as 17 year-old midfielder Georgia Birch struck in the 34th minute. It was her debut goal, and would prove the only one of the game, though not from want of trying by Ad Hoc’s side who peppered the Farkaslányok net. However it didn’t matter that no further shots went in as the only one at the other end also failed, and a win’s a win.
                                    It didn’t lift Csiki Girls out of the Division 5:31 drop zone, or indeed even gain them a place as they remain seventh. However they are now level on points with the two sides above them and only three points off the play-off spot.

Matchday 5 brought an important game in the Division 6:41 promotion race as Invisible Ladies hosted DSV 1900 Frauen.
                                    Sadly, for such an important game, The See-Throughs were caught rather cold as they endured a torrid opening twenty minutes during which DSV scored twice and had another disallowed. Pebblethefish’s side stabilised after that, and drew the remainder of the match 1-1, Sofia Neves getting their strike after 60 minutes, but the early damage proved unrecoverable.
                                    Defeat left The See-Throughs third in the table, three points behind DSV and six behind Aveley, and with a markedly worse goal difference than both. Promotion this term is looking a tall order.

One might think promotion was already out-of-the-question for Menywod Maeshafn after their first four games garnered just two points. However they don’t appear to be giving up on the idea as their performance against a The World Is Yours side that began the day in second place in the table showed.
                                    It wasn’t a gung ho approach, that is for certain; Maeshafn kept things tight and denied their hosts many scoring opportunities. The main thing a side playing in this manner needs to be is dead-eyed when they get their own opportunity, which is exactly what Elodie van Hijde was when presented with a direct free-kick in shooting range on 76 minutes.
                                    Victory lifted IsThatcherDeadYet’s side up to sixth in Division 6:55. Which is still in the relegation zone, it’s true. But also only four points behind second, which is a bridgeable gap with this much of the season still to play.

For much of Mortal Joe’s Dublin City Womens FC tenure a match against a zombie like Terrific ladies would have been a potential banana skin, but no longer.
                                    Now confidence oozes from the Dublin players, who took just seconds to open their accounts via 18-year old Adelina Ciutacu’s first career goal and had killed the game as a contest by the 17th minute after further strikes from Ana Isabel Carreto and Brady Dunganstown (also her first career effort). Rita Cruz was denied a fourth by a stray whistle on 19 minutes, but the Phoenix Park fans wouldn’t have long to wait as Isabel Carreto netted again on 31 minutes.
                                    The visitors pulled one back just prior to the break with a long-range effort, much to the annoyance of Dubs ‘keeper Patrícia Inácio who thus conceded for the first time this season. It would be the only shot all game by Terrific ladies, who weren’t. Dympna Clifden restored the four goal margin late on after a somewhat meandering second period from the hosts, understandably as they had long known the points were in the bag.
                                    Elsewhere in Division 6:57 the two remaining 100% teams met. Something clearly had to give, and it was Sligner City Ladies who did, their 3-1 defeat to Black Widow allowing Dublin to leapfrog into second place, just, by plus one GD.

Comment

When's the book coming out, Janik?

Comment

Was planning a Golden League roundup but a couple of OTFers are in playoffs, so slightly delayed.

Good luck to Ad hoc (Csiki Bleeders D3 playoffs) and Pjolding (1882 Paris in D5 playoffs).

Comment

With my official Team, Jay Jay Tekkers, I have 5 games left in the season. And I took on a bit of a risky thing and bought a new player, an 18/6 hard trainer, Horado Heras, Diva, with both 13 form an average form and 9 DV. I will play him every game and hope that he will jump. The thing is, he was underevaluated and I got him for 47700 econ. Even if he does not jump I do not make any loss. I do think that was very lucky, especially as he was announced on the official board.

Comment

How did everyone do in their Golden League change report?

I got five double jumps, perhaps I'm finally getting the hang of this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                              How did everyone do in their Golden League change report?
                                              Turd Derision got to average skill 10 for the first time in nine seasons of management. Average age of 26, too. Very happy.

Comment

GOLDEN LEAGUE SEASON 43 - OTF ROUNDUP

Division 3g: Y Pentan (IsThatcherDeadYet/Vicarious Thrillseeker)
                                                This was Y Pentan's first ever season as high as Division 3 and it proved too much of a stretch for the Welshmen. They were in the bottom three all season and will now have to regather.

Division 3h: Csiki Little Bleeders (Ad Hoc)
                                                Outstanding season for Ad Hoc's side to be the highest placed OTFers in the league, reaching the playoff spot. Sadly they came away from the playoff unsuccessful but as their opponent's manager summed up: "Unlucky with the injuries/red cards stopping you from playing your best 11".

Division 4e: Lincolnshire Curly Coats (SitsWithRemote)
                                                Absurd fortune for the Curlies who led at Round 5 but never again until the dying moments of the season, when a crazy set of circumstances among the lead trio saw them finish an unexpected top. Spawny.*

Division 4f: Ellesmere Port Cement (ViktorBoskovic/Cota)
                                                The Mixers began the season challenging for the top positions but were always going to find the form hard to sustain with some stronger teams around. They slipped to a mid table position and finished in 5th.

Division 4h: Islay Inebriates (Bill Bones)
                                                A similar finishing position for the Inebriates but a very different story to get there. This was actually a remarkable recovery by Bill's team free being rock bottom for most of the first half of the campaign.

Division 4i: Violet-Weiss 1919 (_DRC/Sylkies Horizon)
                                                A tough fourteen games for VW, weakest squad in the division and anchored to bottom spot for the duration without a win.

Division 4k: Angmering Park (SouthDown Rebel)
                                                SDR is the first manager to bring Park Life as high as Division 4, this being their first season at that level. They acquitted themselves well and despite never breaking the top three finished a solid 5th.

Division 5:13: Turd Derision (Auntie Beryl)
                                                A sound campaign in a tightly competitive division for the Auntie's Turds. They floated in fourth for many rounds before bobbing up to third at the finish.

Division 5:16: 1882 Paris (Pjolding)
                                                Pjolding's men were competitive throughout the season, nearly always top three and leading more than once. They finished in the playoff position and were agonisingly close to Division 4, falling 2-1 to a superior opponent.

Division 5:19: Not Bothered Buzzards (Sean of the Shed)
                                                Looking at their solid but unspectacular 4th place you could be forgiven for thinking the Buzzards lived up to their name. But this is a young team, full of potential. No pressure Sean.

Division 5:20: Chickens of Atlantis (wiblflibl) & Nagasaki Towpath (Andrew7610)
                                                Derbies! In the Pro Leagues! Although neither OTFer went up, neither was anywhere near the drop. The Chickens were 3rd, four points shy of the playoffs while Towpath were 5th, but safe by nine. Head to head, the matches topped and tailed the season with each game a win for the away team, aggregate 2-2.

Division 6:49: Zeugma Gaskispor (Antepli Ejderha)
                                                A debut season with this franchise for Antep and it turned out to be a two horse race with Passaporte. But the young Turks held their nerve in the final round to pip their rivals by a point, the pair eight points clear of the pack.

Division 6:54: Ted's Wombles (Foxy265/nmrfox)
                                                The Returning Fox joined his new charges only 19 days ago, when they were already doomed to a season in Division 7. Time for a bit of zombie slaughtering for the Wombles. There's a mental image.

Fourteen of us. Did I miss anyone?

*To add to the spawniness, veteran midfielder Nick Twigg won 750k for the points, goals and assists in the division, and jumped a skill bar at 34 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                                  Division 5:19: Not Bothered Buzzards (Sean of the Shed)
                                                  Looking at their solid but unspectacular 4th place you could be forgiven for thinking the Buzzards lived up to their name. But this is a young team, full of potential. No pressure Sean.
                                                  All good on the Buzzards front in the CR. Two player doubled up and the rest of the younger players moved up a bar. Even better none of the three mentors have decided to retire just yet, so they will be holding up the average age for a couple more seasons at least. I'm hopeful that they will start moving up the divisions a couple of seasons after that.

Comment

Oh. I hadn't realised that the Brythonnic League has early kickoffs. In fact I didn't know that early kickoffs exist in X11. Unsurprisingly I've missed selecting a team for both league games so far, and I doubt this will get much better. So don't put your money on us!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X