X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Various Artist wrote: Congratulations SdR, you've done a tremendous job restoring a fine old club to prominence – and already got them further than you ever did Suth Seaxe Ealdormen, if I'm not mistaken? Really looking forward to taking on Hornville next season – this will be Vita Mortis' first competitive meeting with them in ten seasons.
    Thanks VA. Indeed, SSE never made it to the top flight. Everyone will look forward to playing Hornville next season because we'll be shit. I even started playing the youngsters in the second half of the season and they still kept winning, the stupid buggers.

Comment

Congratulations SDR on Hornville, lovely to see them back. Don't hold your breath for the Swine.

Bad luck Sean in a tightly contested Kevchenko Cup final. Fawlty'S VVV are a bit fearsome.

Comment

Huge run-in at the top of OTF D2. The league looks like this:

1 Lokomotiv Noj P18 12-3-3 +29 39pts
        2 Poplar Massive Crew P19 11-5-3 +14 38pts
        3 Berkshire Swine P18 11-4-3 +31 37pts
        4 Rejects Redux P18 10-6-2 +19 36pts
        Then a gap to 5th

Round 21:
        Swine v Rejects
        Noj v Thorntree
        Poplar BYE

Round 22:
        Poplar v Thoxtoxeter
        Rejects v Harford
        Noj v Swine

So look who's involved in both those crunch matches, and still trying to share the DV.

Comment

On the plus side if you win the first game it's job done, pending any league reorganisation.

Comment

It’s another X11 Ladies League season. So it goes...

Code:
            Division 3d

Viking South Utsira	0 - 0	Dursley Town

Division 4h

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	0 - 2	Q.P.R Ladies
            Eccleston 2', 54'

FC Nee-Nee		2 - 2	Drakaina
            Rowson 49'			Winter 51'
            Stevens 79'			Merckx 66'

Division 4j

Witches of Chiswick	2 - 1	Attenborough Naturals
            Harold 48'			Tsukamoto 82'
            Marcolini (O.G.) 79'
            Harold (sent off) 78'

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	1 - 3	Borgis Ladies
            Azeite 8'			Alencar 55', 76'
            Järryd 78'

Division 5:17

Pinkie Pie 		0 - 0	LNWR Locomotive

Division 5:22

Solent Sirens		0 - 1	Mupparna
            Foley (pen) 31'

Division 5:29

Black Widow FC 		2 - 0	Dublin City Womens FC
            Penedo 49'
            Kihlman 92'

Division 6:40

Invisible Ladies	2 - 0	Mawenzi
            van der Kwast 63'
            Stoneley 67'

Division 6:55

Menywod Maeshafn	0 - 0	Femme Fatale FC

Division 6:62

Csiki Girls		5 - 0	Nightingales
            Gränsmark 18'
            Carlberg 29', 37'
            Morientes 39', 56'
            It could have been Division 2, it could have been Division 4, but instead it’s another season in 3d for Viking South Utsira.
            The Blood Eagles campaign begun by welcoming Dursley Town to Ragnar Rock. The match would prove not to be a memorable occasion, visitors Dursley shading possession, Viking having three of the four chances going and no-one waking the scoreboard operator out of his late summer slumber.
            Obviously, being Division 3d and therefore prone to inordinate tightness, this draw was one of three out of the four games played. Will it be another season of constant hope and fret for Velvet Android and his charges? Only time will tell.

We were OTF derby-less last season, but not this as the four sides playing in the fifth tier this term have been split two-and-two. Coxy Ladies Wulpen find themselves in Division 4h following promotion, with their first opposition being Q.P.R Ladies, just relegated from Division 3.
            It took the Hoops less than two minutes to puncture the excitement in The Curlew’s Nest crowd about their new status, as The Waders defence parted to let the visitors waltz through. QPR added a second early in the second half to completely deflate the day and leave boss Janik wondering whether his team will once again struggle at this level.
            Also promoted to Division 4 this term and also playing in 4h are Drakaina, who opened their season on the road at FC Nee-Nee.
            The Dragons took the game to their hosts in the opening half but couldn’t force a breakthrough. Then, soon after the break and against the run of play, Nee-Nee took the lead with a breakaway strike. However Etienne’s girls were soon back on terms, Grace Winter heading in a corner within two minutes of the opener.
            It was the Greeks who made the next move, Amalia Merckx’s snapshot finding the target with a quarter of the game to play. However Nee-Nee did it again, i.e. scored against the run-of-play, as they drew level on 79 minutes. That was the end of the scoring, with Drakaina returning to Delphi with a good away point stowed in their luggage.

Division 4j was already a familiar environment for Witches of Chiswick, having operated there last term, as was also the case for their opening opponents, Attenborough Naturals.
            Clearly this was a tough first match for Wiblflibl’s charges, seeing as the Naturals were very unlucky to miss out on both automatic promotion and then again in the play-offs last term. However that sort of thing can create a hangover, which manifested itself in this game as the visitors having more of the play and more of the shots without looking the more likely to win!
            Rather it was The Bewitched who had had a first half strike from Natalie Mercier disallowed prior to Lucy Harold’s 48th minute opener. Harold’s day was pretty good at that point, only to turn when she suddenly got on the wrong side of the ref inside the last twenty minutes, picking up two yellow cards in quick succession to find herself trooping back to the changing rooms fifteen minutes early.
            Being a man down made Chiswick’s lead precarious, which meant the own goal scored seconds after the red card by Attenborough’s Editta Marcolini was vital to the outcome. The Naturals clawed that back pretty quickly, netting in the right goal just three minutes later but they couldn’t find an equaliser as The Bewitched started with a win.
            Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC were promoted from Division 5:20 last time out, finishing ahead of Borgis Ladies. So for the two to play again in the opening Division 4j fixture was a little underwhelming.
            The Merapi-Kraton-South Sea crowd sang about being champions and were soon celebrating what appeared to be further coming success when Leila Azeite headed their heroines ahead after only 8 minutes. SeanoftheShed’s side held their advantage until the break, but soon after it Borgis equalised, and with that goal the game took on a wholly different complexion.
            Now it was simply a question of hanging on for The Sea Spirits as the visitors took complete charge. They got to under 15 minutes left, but then Borgis broke through and, with heads temporarily down, swiftly added a killer third two minutes after their second. The opening defeat for the Indonesians was thus sealed.

Another newly promoted side are LNWR Locomotive. They began their Division 5:17 existence with a trip to saccharine sweetness of Pinkie Pie.
            And nothing happened. The hosts huffed and puffed, Viktor Boskovic’s Steamers tried to hit them on the break, but essentially it was a stalemate with nothing much for fans at Pinkie’s Pad to remember. The Locomotive supporters will talk of a good away point in their opening outing one Division up, I suppose. They won’t talk about anything much of the game itself, though.

Solent Sirens also made their way up through the play-offs last term. Their first match up in Division 5:22 was against Mupparna, who I don’t previously remember wearing such sexist kit but who do now, as if to prove that Scandinavian males can also be knuckle-dragging morons.
            Given the circumstances, I don’t really want to focus any more on the result of the game. However there was also bad news for Andrew7610’s side on the injury front when midfielder Miriam Hansson picked up an 8-day knock towards the end of the second period.

The new era for Dublin City Womens FC had begun three days earlier with a cup match. However their trip to Black Widow FC was the newly branded club’s first league outing since relocation in the closed season.
            Turning The Dubs fortunes around after their crash-and-burn existence prior to Mortal Joe’s arrival is going to take some time. The Cup win was a good start, as was being competitive in this encounter, with the score only standing at 1-0 to Black Widow as the game entered stoppage time. However there is a gap between ‘being competitive’ and ‘getting a result from the game’, which is one Dublin didn’t manage to bridge on this occasion. Division 5:29 will offer opportunities for this next step forward, for sure.

Invisible Ladies have been a side on the rise for a few seasons now, as Pebblethefish has transformed them from a moribund bottom tier zombie with essentially no worthwhile players into an effective team. All that was evident in their Division 6:40 opener against Mawenzi. The visitors to the San Seethrough were narrowly relegated last term after three season in the tier above, so presented a stern examination of Invisible’s credentials for this term.
            It was also a test of how well The See-Throughs would do without the ball, as Mawenzi held nearly 60% possession. The answer was ‘rather well’, as Invisible made more chances through the match, opportunities that culminated in a header from Alva van der Kwast on 63 minutes and a breakaway second from Dee Stoneley four minutes later. That killed the game off, and meant a rapid start for the home side. Will it be the start of a serious promotion push?

Menywod Maeshafn will be looking to bounce straight back from relegation last term as they take on the challenge of Division 6:55.
            The first hurdle was a home game with Femme Fatale FC. Unfortunately it appears that Maeshafn are still somewhat in last season’s mode, which was characterised by nil-nil draws in important games rather than losses.
            IsThatcherDeadYet’s side had oodles of possession in this one, 62% in the first half alone, but somehow failed to manage a single shot in the entire match. Femme Fatale only produced one of their own, which was spurned. That is legally at least, as there was an awful few seconds for the home crowd when the visitors had the ball in the Maeshafn net in the 90th minute, only for referee Robert Nixon to intervene.

Having seen promotion evaporate frustratingly at the end of last season, Csiki Girls could be excused from a lack of enthusiasm at finding themselves still in Division 6:62. This didn’t show as they ruthlessly disposed of Nightingales to start their run at this year’s title.
            It took 18 minutes until Emelie Gränsmark headed the opener, but once she had the floodgates were open. The evergreen Ann-Sofie Carlberg, starting her final campaign at the age of 37, was the next to strike, twice in fact as she outpaced the visiting defence(!) on 29 minutes before heading the third after 37.
            Two minutes later man-of-the-match Maria Morientes got in on the act, again racing away from a Nightingales defence again running in treacle to slot home. The visitors did have the ball in the Csiki’s net before the interval but this was disallowed, with the only other strike of the day being another breakaway for Morientes after 56 minutes. 5-0 was enough for Ad Hoc’s side, who played out the remaining time at three-quarter pace or less.

Comment

Sits wrote: Congratulations SDR on Hornville, lovely to see them back. Don't hold your breath for the Swine.

Bad luck Sean in a tightly contested Kevchenko Cup final. Fawlty'S VVV are a bit fearsome.
              Yeah, I'm afraid VVV were just too strong to be honest. I got him on formation and attacking style whilst he missed ours, but in the end that defence was a brick wall that couldn't be broken down.

Comment

Have a few leagues merged into the Heineken Sean? I've noticed 4 teams available in the job centre but they've all got a history.

Comment

Yes, a couple of small leagues have merged in. I think they wanted to hang on to their teams and history which they couldn't do in their current state with just a few active members in their league. Letting them merge has saved me a long drawn out recruitment campaign or the alternative of losing another division.

Comment

That's good news. If they start at the bottom then I might sneak a promotion.

Does that mean you've got the numbers to start the season?

Comment

Yes more than enough, though I do have the option to remove some managers that haven't logged in for a while. I'm hanging on for a couple of days to see if I can fill some of the higher placed vacant teams.

Comment

When you're good and ready Sean – I'm sure we'll all fall in again whenever you decide that it's the best time to restart things. Thanks as ever for the smooth operation that is the Heineken, it's a terrific league to be part of. Interesting of course to learn that it's taken in its first (?) ever mergers, just to shake things up a little.

Commiserations on the predictably narrow Kevchenko Cup final defeat to VVV. I really couldn't call it in advance (while researching your parallel paths to the final during my preview-writing) nor while watching The Game, as the initiative ebbed and flowed so, but I had this feeling as it wore on that if they could carve out one more late chance then they'd probably nick it... which they proceeded to do, alas.
                        They are indeed starting to look rather formidable; it'll be fascinating to see if you can take a leaf out of their playbook and defend your own silverware in the coming fortnight. Right now PuPi appear to be OTF's last best hope in MLX, having cleverly delayed their run into the box so to speak, whereas the rest of us who streamed forward in such numbers in seasons gone by have just about all fallen foul of the great offside trap of history by this point.

Comment

If there's one thing that annoys me most about this game, it's conceding late equalisers to the opposition's only chance of the game. Still, Tobermory are still unbeaten I guess even if we do face a tough fixture next up.

Hammerpot picked up a point in their tricky away fixture against Braceby Ladies, though plummeted from 1st to 4th in the process. At this early stage, THL is shaping up to be a much closer race than it was last season.

VVV do indeed look formidable, it will be fascinating to see how things pan out in the playoffs though - do I make that just four OTFers in the last 16? I suspect next season that number will fall even further, with a number of us (ahem) dropping into GLX.

Comment

Still coming to terms with how well Sans Culottes are doing in the Xpert Zone.

Next up are another multi-boosted team, Paris St-Germain. They have been in existence since 2012 and have been boosted 6 times in that period. They did the standard sell all their valuable players immediately before the boost too.

I will be planning on kicking them off the park.

Comment

Pre-CR DVs for Cumberland Whites, after my first season in charge in the Combo League (at least two visible SQs required). I think this team has been underperforming judging by its history and the way it's waltzed to the Division 4 title.

I mean, there's a squad in need of plenty of work. Needless to say I have no money, but I've increased my fun by changing all the players' names to places in Cumbria. This rips off Newsnight_Wayne who is already there with Northumberland Futures.

Comment

Nice one Etienne – not only for Sans Culotte's superb start to top-flight life in the Xpert Zone, but also for flagging up the fact that we need to get into seriously hating that Paris St-Germain team. I noticed just now after watching today's game that they'd got more players than anyone in the Xpert XI, and after reading what you said above I'm starting to understand why. Just as Sheffield FC start to hit the average-age cliff-face, too, we're going to have to contend with another 'boost doper' for the next x seasons, damn it all. Hope you kick their arses, in both senses.

Tiree are slowly recovering from our atrocious start, those three straight defeats followed by WDW, with the draw being against Sheffield in a game I was naturally disappointed not to have won. Now only a point from safety, so there's hope yet for us this season.

Comment

Loving Sits' Cumbrian placenames in your Combo League team there, by the way, and it's particularly great that you and Newsnight_wayne are going head to head 'locally' in this regard.

North of the border, Tiree's super recent 16/4 D youth arrival Campbell Machrihanish is having a fine start to the season despite the difficult circumstances, being up to 12 DV now, 19 form and 16 AF – so I'm still happy I didn't sell him! He's valued at 12.9m now, with FK, Long Pass and Headers, contributing significantly to a squad value north of 91m; before I sold 19/6 D Roger Dogger in preseason it hit 96m, easily the most of any private-league team I've ever had. In fact it's only just under Viking South Utsira's rating in the Xpert Ladies, presently at almost exactly 100m.
                                  Viking North Utsire are up to an all-time high (Rita Coolidge earworm) of an amazing 199 million, which places us 12th in the whole Ultimate League right now. The transfer window closes in 3 days, but there's a small chance we could get another academy youth in first and tip over the 200m mark, which would be quite something.

Speaking of VSU, thanks Janik for the first reportage of the XL season. You found more to say about our game than I would've, I think. Hopefully the rest of the season won't be quite so dull, but I suspect it could indeed be just as tight in our division, which ought to be fun, of sorts.

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote: If there's one thing that annoys me most about this game, it's conceding late equalisers to the opposition's only chance of the game.
                                    Yes, was thinking just the other day that the 1-1 draw when one team has had loads of chances and the other team has had one does seem to be the most common unrealistic aspect of the game. I don't recall being on the right side of it very often either...

Comment

Before the league, it was the Cup. The X11 Ladies Cup R1 to be precise.

Code:
                                      Lottika 		0 - 5	Menywod Maeshafn
                                      Westerberg 10', 24', 40', 87'
                                      Gripstrand 63'

Menywod Maeshafn	4 - 0	Lottika
                                      Arthur 23'
                                      Etxarri 45', 56'
                                      Cesljar 90'
                                      Gibbs (sent off) 87'

Maeshafn win 9-0 on aggregate

Pinglan 		0 - 2	Dublin City Womens FC
                                      Thörnberg 2'
                                      Jardin 82'

Dublin City Womens FC	4 - 0	Pinglan
                                      Thörnberg 5', 11', 26'
                                      Kåmark 63'

Dublin win 6-0 on aggregate

Sörby SoccerStars 	0 - 5	Invisible Ladies
                                      Crouch 2', 4'
                                      Nádasdy 6'
                                      Oven (pen) 8', 24'

Invisible Ladies	6 - 0	Sörby SoccerStars
                                      Neves 1', 4'
                                      Stoneley 8', 12'
                                      Ackling 14'
                                      Nádasdy 89'

Invisible win 11-0 on aggregate

Shibuya FC 		0 - 6	Csiki Girls
                                      Clevan 11', 16', 54'
                                      Hendry 50'
                                      Smet 60'
                                      Carlberg 89'

Csiki Girls		6 - 0	Shibuya FC
                                      Morientes 1', 22'
                                      Clevan 14'
                                      Gränsmark 29'
                                      Smet 40', 83'

Csiki Girls win 12-0 on aggregate

Top flight 		0 - 3	LNWR Locomotive
                                      Vilhena 22'
                                      Vergueiro 39'
                                      Perätalo 75'

LNWR Locomotive		2 - 0	Top flight
                                      Vanikian 11', 77'

Locomotive win 5-0 on aggregate

Treyu	 		0 - 6	Solent Sirens
                                      Jonson 7', 14'
                                      de Beauvoir 39'
                                      Högardh 47'
                                      Kantelberg 54'
                                      Settman 86'

Solent Sirens		5 - 0	Treyu
                                      de Beauvoir 2', 9', 16'
                                      Settman 49'
                                      Ulander 88'

Solent win 11-0 on aggregate

R1 Byes
                                      Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                      Drakaina
                                      Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                      Viking South Utsira
                                      Witches of Chiswick
                                      Menywod Maeshafn got their cup campaign and season underway with a trip to Division 7 outfit Lottika
                                      A two-season old club, without a current manager, Lottika were never going to be a serious obstacle for IsThatcherDeadYet’s side. Goals came at regular intervals, Ada Westerberg helping herself to a first leg, first half hattrick with strikes after 10, 24 and 40 minutes, which she would eventually make four for the afternoon with another in the 87. Sylvia Gripstrand got the other strike of the opening encounter on 63, to leave Maeshafn returning to Wales with a five goal advantage.
                                      The return was just as straightforward, the Welsh side knocking in four nicely evenly spaced through the game, Cath Arthur, Nerea Etxarri twice and Patricia Cesljar the scorers. The opener from Arthur was the first of her young career. The only fly in the ointment from this return leg was a wholly unnecessary straight red card for defender Shelly Gibbs on 87 minutes, which means that Gibbs, a key player in the Maeshafn rearguard, will now miss a league game.
                                      Things will get tougher in the Second Round, where Maeshafn will face Division 4n outfit La Teja CFF, the first leg taking place in Wales.

Sootys Footies as was are now Dublin City Womens FC . Their opening opponents, Pinglan, presented a somewhat sterner challenge as they retain some (though not many) handy players, though this is a club used to better things which is now drifting along directionless in the bottom tier.
                                      Pinglan were therefore a good opponent for a Dublin squad that was low on confidence following their relegation last term to take on. A further boost to the away side’s collective ego arrived as early as the 2nd minute when experienced midfielder Bodil Thörnberg headed her first for the club.
                                      Thörnberg had been brought in soon after the arrival of manager Mortal Joe to add much needed experience to the core group of youngsters, players such as Elaine Jardin, who fired home a second on 82 minutes, also her first for the club (either club). Jardin thought she had made it three in stoppage time only to be denied by referee Hugh Cango, however a two-goal away win should be easily enough to see Dublin through the return.
                                      The second match was a red letter day, as Dublin christened their new Phoenix Park stadium. Thörnberg was handed the captains armband for this occasion, and that responsibility suited her as she proved entirely up for the day, notching a hattrick inside the opening half-hour. A fourth goal was added after the break by Veronica Kåmark, another of the wise older heads brought in last season, though in Kåmark’s case she had scored one of the few goals in the end days of the Footies.
                                      Round 2 pitches The Dubs up against Nmrfox’s old side Yopney St Oh, who are now in Division 5:4, which is the same level as Dublin. However The Ohs appear to be without active management, so are likely to be more easy meat.

Managerless Division 7 opposition were also the order of the day for Invisible Ladies as they eased into their season at Sörby SoccerStars.
                                      The match was no contest at all as The See-Throughs simply strolled through the home defence, seemingly without any attempt to resist their progress. Rachel Crouch was the first to benefit, scoring after 2 and 4 minutes, followed by Beáta Nádasdy on 6 and then a fourth from the spot, converted by Assina Oven just 8 minutes in.
                                      At that point Pebblethefish’s side considered it job already done and basically clocked off, with Oven adding just one more strike after 24 minutes. The See-Throughs players were very comfortable that they could score further goals easily enough if it was required. But that simply wasn’t called for.
                                      Despite this they wanted to put on some sort of show for their fans in the return leg, so opened at something approaching interested and were promptly rewarded with another flurry of early goals. Players took it in turns to try for five minutes before subsiding again to walking pace, Sofia Neves the first to do so as she netted inside a minute and then again with 4 on the clock, Dee Stoneley staking up the baton to strike on 8 and 12 and Bea Ackling making it five after 14 minutes and then deciding one was enough for her.
                                      Anyone caught in the traffic on the way to The San Seethrough would basically have missed everything, as Invisible added only one more goal after this, Beáta Nádasdy giving those late-comers something to cheer in the 89th minute. Assuming they hadn’t already left to ‘beat the rush’, that is!
                                      Again, Round 2 will be rather more difficult as The See-Throughs will take on Caritas FC of Division 4k, the first leg being at home.

The theme of Division 7 zombie opponents continued with Csiki Girls. Their particular brain-obsessed shamblers were Shibuya FC.
                                      The opening leg at Shibuya would be a personal triumph for young Csiki’s forward Ellie Clevan. Clevan was a youth academy graduate towards the end of the last campaign, but Csiki’s manager Ad Hoc had used her sparingly during his promotion push meaning Clevan came into this campaign with no goals or assists to her name. Her duck was broken as early as the 11th minute, when she headed home the corner, an activity she found so enjoyable she went for an exact repeat five minutes later.
                                      Caven then turned provider to set Katy Hendry up for the third on 50 minutes, returned to scoring duties to finish off the fourth after 54 and then went back to laying in her teammates as she set up Floriane Smet for Csiki’s fifth on the hour and Ann-Sofie Carlberg for the sixth and final goal with a minute plus stoppages remaining.
                                      Clevan finished the game with three goals and three assists, as she was involved in all six goals the Romanian side scored. It wasn’t all good news for the visitors however as Clevan’s initial strike partner, Saoirse McInns, was forced from the field with a 10-day injury early in the second half.
                                      The return leg was just seconds old when Maria Morientes headed the opener. Soon after Clevan was at it again, firing home from range, part of a clear shoot-on-site policy from the Csiki’s. Morientes made it three in similar fashion, Emelie Gränsmark struck a direct free-kick before Floriane Smet rounded the scoring off with two strikes that came from a combined 65 yards out.
                                      Round 2 brings an interesting challenge as the Csiki’s take on Confused in Kålltorp, who operate one tier higher in Division 5:11. The first leg is at A kertem.

Another walk-in-the-park was the offering for LNWR Locomotive as they were handed the task of disposing of Top flight from the competition.
                                      The Steamers, fresh from last season’s promotion, showed a few signs of still being hungover as it took them nearly half the first half before first finding the target. Corália Vilhena was the player to make the breakthrough converting after an Adozinda Vergueiro set-piece routine with 22 on the clock.
                                      Vergueiro doubled the advantage with a header from a 39th minute corner. The scoring for Viktor Boskovic’s side and for the game in general was wrapped up by the 75th, when Karlo Perätalo nodded home a Vergueiro corner to make it three up going back to Mollington Street.
                                      The return was another relatively low scoring affair, despite The Steamers very attacking formation. There were just two more additions to the scoresheet, both from Zivart Vanikian, one after 11 and the other on 77 minutes.
                                      Round 2 pitches Locomotive against a side from the same tier as they face Division 6:24’s Olstorps Wifetimbers. The Wifetimbers look strong, but a bit ageing. The first leg takes place at Mollington Street.

Completing the R1 set are Solent Sirens, whose opponents Treyu followed the theme of the round by being Division 7 zombies.
                                      Josefine Jonson began the rout with goals after 7 and 14 minutes, one a close-range header from a corner, the other a breakaway. Simone de Beauvoir added a third directly from a free-kick before the interval, with three more goals coming after the break for Andrew7610’s side through Evelyn Högardh (47 mins), Anika Kantelberg (54 mins) and Elise Settman (86 mins).
                                      More of the same in the return, of course, with de Beauvoir leading the charge as she scored a hattrick in the first 16 minutes, all three after crosses or corners from Tove Ewertsson. de Beauvoir turned provider after the break as she picked out Settman’s head for the fourth, with Petra Ulander netting the fifth of the day and eleventh of the tie late on.
                                      Next up for Solent will be Touras FC of Division 6:52. Despite Solent being in the higher tier, they are the lower seeded side, meaning the opening leg will take place at Mayfield Park.

Round 2 draw - first listed teams home in opening leg
                                      Code:
                                      ChromosomXX (6:28)		vs	Drakaina
                                      Csiki Girls			vs	Confused in Kålltorp (5:11)
                                      Dublin City Womens FC		vs	Yopney St Oh (5:4)
                                      Invisible Ladies		vs	Caritas FC (4k)
                                      LNWR Locomotive			vs	Olstorps Wifetimbers (6:24)
                                      Menywod Maeshafn		vs	La Teja CFF (4n)
                                      FC Pito (6:47)			vs	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                                      Scary Jointers FC (6:17)	vs	Witches of Chiswick
                                      Solent Sirens			vs	Touras FC (6:52)
                                      St Trinians (6:8)		vs	Viking South Utsira
                                      Svenska Kyrkans Elva (6:15)	vs	Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                                      Round 2 draws for those with opening round byes are:-

Coxy Ladies Wulpen will take on Svenska Kyrkans Elva of Division 6:15, with the first leg in Sweden.
                                      Drakaina have been pitched against ChromosomXX from Division 6:28, with their first meeting being at the sciencey ones.
                                      Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC take on FC Pito of Division 6:47, who need a good kicking because of their kits. First leg is in Portugal.
                                      Viking South Utsira begin their Cup run this season against St Trinians. The Division 6:8 side appear confused what sport they play, as the first match will take place at Hockey Stick Alley. This won’t help them much against a side with the tradition of The Blood Eagles.
                                      Witches of Chiswick’s opponents are Scary Jointers FC, who operate in Division 6:17. The first leg is on the road for The Bewitched.

Comment

ChromosomXX are a very very good side to be drawn against in this round. Their squad is worth 122m! Admittedly they are probably 4-5 seasons from their peak, but we won't get any chance to play the kids against an inactive manager.

Comment

Cheers Janik, I hadn't seen my draw. Playing versus a St Trinians side will be good fun. Jolly hockey sticks and all.

I'm sure someone in The Human League has compared my Sandringham Park Rovers team to (the 'real') St Trinian's before now – probably Pebble at Manic Street Teachers. I know he's made PR hay from contrasting my team of posh private-school girls with his at the more Bash Street Kids end of the spectrum.

Comment

Bollocks bollocks bollocks. Got stuck in traffic and didn't get my tactics on for Saltney Drawers' biggest game of the season. Arsebiscuits.

Comment

Not ideal VT, but looking at how the final fixtures fall it's not over yet for Saltney.

BTW, I make it tomorrow for OTF training day...can someone confirm if I've got this right?

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote: On the plus side if you win the first game it's job done, pending any league reorganisation.
                                                Aw shit.

Comment

Vicarious Thrillseeker wrote: Bollocks bollocks bollocks. Got stuck in traffic and didn't get my tactics on for Saltney Drawers' biggest game of the season. Arsebiscuits.
                                                  You're still in with a good chance VT, both us and GNR have to play the best sides in the division while you're up against the worst. I'm also playing for DV as I genuinely don't want to go up this season.

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote: BTW, I make it tomorrow for OTF training day...can someone confirm if I've got this right?
                                                    Dunno. My proxy is the last league match day minus one day, which would make Wednesday training day. But I do know that this version of training day might be off by one, so your mileage may vary. Hope this helps, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X