No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, he ought to be a hard trainer with a name like that...

Good work keeping up with the Fenerbaçhe shenanigans Sits. I note that they have two players signed a month ago tomorrow (July 23rd), so it'll be worth keeping an eye out for those appearing on the transfer market in the next day or two – 23/11 Horse D Zoran Golubovic (signed for 5.8m) and 25/13 F Ellert Marteinsen (11.1m). If they sell for a combined profit of 10m for no apparent reason then there's further grounds for suspicion.

What's annoying is that we can't tell if these players are simply potential underevals scouted out through an uncanny nose for such things – e.g. we can't see if that newly sold goalkeeper has arrived at his destination club as a 25/12 or a 25/13. If the latter, and this manager simply has a rare talent for unearthing players high in their skillband, giving them a few games to send their DV rocketing and then selling them on a month later with a guaranteed skill-jump when they move, then we can't prove anything. Goalie Soriano appears to have played twice, which is frustrating, as I'd be more certain we'd nailed a wrong 'un if he'd just been sitting there unplayed for a month. I suppose though, a couple of games may simply have been necessary to prevent him losing skill in his mini-CR upon transfer out...?

Based on similar previous scenarios the chances are, of course, that there's a fleet of willing clubs run by alter-egos of the manager doing the buying. Wayne can hopefully use his super crew powers to track where these dozens of multimillion-transfer players are actually going to, which will settle things one way or the other.

Comment

There's a bit of a back-to-school vibe darkening the horizons in X11 right now. It's been a rather relaxing recent spell with the OTF, Heineken, MLX and Xpert Ladies all in their close-seasons simultaneously, but come the end of the week they'll all be back in action. (Albeit in a couple of weeks my Ultimate League, Brythonnic Premiership and Human League teams will all be off on their holidays at once too.)

Fun factoid of the day: As might be guessed from the OTF title race having seen a close and topsy-turvy three-way battle and dip for the line, Dandy Town's points total for the season just gone, 46, is the joint lowest OTF championship-winning figure since records began, i.e. Season 32*.

The only other equally low victorious total is Great Ouse Town's maiden title win in Season 38, though Ouse also came close to this in retaining the trophy with 47 points the next season. Amwythig Dragons similarly finished on 47 back in Season 32 itself, the then-record eighth and last of their crowns to date. Four teams reached the 40-point mark that season, a record still unmatched in the modern era*.

(* a.k.a. OTF's "since 1992")
      Last edited by Various Artist; 22-08-2017, 17:36.

Comment

What's going on with the Brythonnic Premiership VA? From the outside it looks like 7 or 8 of the teams that have come across in the merger have been left managerless.

Comment

Yet another red cross injury today, this time at Nyth Wobbegong. Fortunately Tobermory, for once, survived their game unscathed.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
            What's going on with the Brythonnic Premiership VA? From the outside it looks like 7 or 8 of the teams that have come across in the merger have been left managerless.
            Yeah, there were always a bunch of – how shall I put this? – 'lightly interested' managers among the 22 clubs that merged into the league, such that even after dropping a couple of vacant sides to fit them all into 2 divisions there were still a fair few teams remaining whose bosses hadn't logged in for a long time. I've gradually phased these people out, but to be honest few of those teams were likely to attract a manager – and more of them have gradually fallen by the wayside since, so despite several new faces joining we're still 5 or 6 managers down now.

Today was a good case in point – I accepted the application from one new manager for, as it happens, one of those long-vacant nothingy sides, which I'm actually rather delighted about, yet Ferrari1rad has sadly reached his 1-month cutoff today so I'm regretfully going to have to sack him tonight. Which will at least open up a more covetable post at a top-division side, so I'm hoping that one will be filled relatively easily.
            Last edited by Various Artist; 22-08-2017, 20:59.

Comment

Have you had one of these yet SDR? Noirs de Bigorre's best player:

In the last training session the players were training precision shooting by setting up a board with holes in front of the goal. Eric Debord decided to fool around and sneaked behind the board. He crept down and stuck his head through one of the holes just as someone fired away an awesome shot that hit Eric Debord right in the face. Eric Debord got a nasty concussion and will be out of action for 10 days.

Comment

Ha! Four Candles had this towards the end of last season...

"Bailey Parson was selected to appear on a celebrity dance programme on television and is shown to have two left feet and no sense of rhythm whatsoever and is voted out straight away. All the adverse publicity surrounding the early dismissal from the competition leads to a decrease in form."

We already knew he had two left feet, and not in a good way....

Four Candles also had the highest number of days (64) missed through injury in Division 2 - the same number as SDR's Hornville (in OTF) I see. I feel it adds to the realism of the game - at least if Partick Thistle are anything to go by....a couple of our regular first team players missed the whole of last season...;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                  Have you had one of these yet SDR? Noirs de Bigorre's best player:

In the last training session the players were training precision shooting by setting up a board with holes in front of the goal. Eric Debord decided to fool around and sneaked behind the board. He crept down and stuck his head through one of the holes just as someone fired away an awesome shot that hit Eric Debord right in the face. Eric Debord got a nasty concussion and will be out of action for 10 days.
                  No, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

By some miracle there were no injuries from our matches today, but I did lose one game in the 91st minute having dominated throughout - Brockham Lime Works have fallen to pieces this season and are going to get relegated after coming close to winning the whole league last season.

Additionally, I find that defender Alfie Fleetwood's suspension after a red card is for multiple games, but the site won't tell me how many (according to the rules it can be up to five). I might quit the league in a fit of pique.
                  Last edited by SouthdownRebel; 23-08-2017, 18:01.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                    Additionally, I find that defender Alfie Fleetwood's suspension after a red card is for multiple games, but the site won't tell me how many (according to the rules it can be up to five). I might quit the league in a fit of pique.
                    Yeah it does. Hover over the red card on the squad page. Maybe the player page itself also spells it out, but I don't know that for sure.

Comment

It just says "suspended for next competitive match" - do I take from that it's only one more game? TBH I thought that's what it said before today's match, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Sans Culottes' Proudhon has just returned after a 3 game suspension following a straight red. As he's our only 30 something midfield/attacker that has posed a challenge. I don't think I found out when the suspension was going to end.

Comment

Rædfearne Island's midfielder David Ochiltree is in the middle of a 2-game suspension right now. I didn't realise until after the first game, when I discovered to my annoyance he was still suspended for the next one. I've only ever had multi-game suspensions a tiny handful of times ever, and none at all that I've noticed in a good two years or more, so this really caught me on the hop.

Comment

The way to be sure is click on the Tactics for your future matches until you get to one where the player is available for selection. Useful with injuries too.

Comment

Good thinking, Sits, thanks - so, yes, Fleetwood is out for one more game.

Comment

Ok so having been in the OTF League for a couple of seasons, I've now taken on a team in the Ladies League. Can anyone give me a (short) explanation of the things to look out for, particularly regarding the transfer market!? Apparently I'm in Division 6:4, and we're two games into a 14-game season, and still in the cup. Any help gratefully accepted!

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                                  It just says "suspended for next competitive match" - do I take from that it's only one more game? TBH I thought that's what it said before today's match, but I could be wrong.
                                  That is correct.

Comment

Welcome.

Do you fancy applying for the Consett Vixens job? They aren't a bad side.
                                    Or are you happy with the team you have?

The Ladies League transfer market works differently because it is closed to players from other leagues. This means that prices are very high at the start of the season and drop rapidly until you can get players for peanuts halfway through.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                      Ok so having been in the OTF League for a couple of seasons, I've now taken on a team in the Ladies League. Can anyone give me a (short) explanation of the things to look out for, particularly regarding the transfer market!? Apparently I'm in Division 6:4, and we're two games into a 14-game season, and still in the cup. Any help gratefully accepted!
                                      If you fancy a ladies team without the sexism etc of the Xpert Ladies try the Human League run by our very own Sits. We've even got a vacancy now if you want to join.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                        If you fancy a ladies team without the sexism etc of the Xpert Ladies try the Human League run by our very own Sits. We've even got a vacancy now if you want to join.
                                        Hmmm that sounds like it might be the team for me, AE. How do I go about swapping??

Comment

We sure have. Just a handful of games till the end of the season. The team will need some work but you'll be used to that by now.

Comment

Obviously the Human League is better, but I do like the unique challenge of the Xpert Ladies transfer market. And it is good to have non-sexists in there to further dilute the idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                              Obviously the Human League is better, but I do like the unique challenge of the Xpert Ladies transfer market. And it is good to have non-sexists in there to further dilute the idiots.
                                              I've been trying to dilute the idiots all my life, Etienne, without any sign of success so far....

Is that Sinners Never Sleep, Sits? Looks like a lot of rebuilding required!!

Comment

If you let someone take over Sinners Never Sleep before the next round of matches, I think Velik Vikings might just blow a fuse! He's already had to play an extra game against Horten Market with a human boss, and now he's the only manager in the promotion race who would have to face SNS as a non-zom.

Actually, he's my rival. Sod it. Do it.

Comment

I know what you mean pebble - I think I would wait until the end of the season. It's not fair for some teams to face a zombie and some to face a 'real' team. Happy to wait a couple of weeks if necessary....

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                                    I know what you mean pebble - I think I would wait until the end of the season. It's not fair for some teams to face a zombie and some to face a 'real' team. Happy to wait a couple of weeks if necessary....
                                                    I'm sure we'd be happy to have you start now. It'll give you a chance to get a feel for the side pre report as well as generating some cash needed for the rebuild.

I'm pretty sure that all of us have benefited and lost playing against zombie teams that suddenly have been taken over.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X