No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having missed out narrowly mine was similar. Am spending the money I should have splashed on training.

Comment

A very average CR for the Swine.

Could SDR throw MLX open to the wider membership of that league?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
        How did everyone's change report go in OTF? After pipping ad hoc to the title mine was disappointing, the cavalier very offensive tactic does not help the defence at all. I've got no chance of staying up next season either, I'm debating whether to sell and rebuild again.
        I don't believe you for a minute AE!
        My CR was pretty poor, especially defence and forwards. Midfield seemed fine for DV, with 4 x 17s and an 18. But, according to my calculations, my 17/5 MF (who got the 18DV, at some cost to my results!) has only gone from a 4.7 to a 5.9. According to the website I use, 18 DV should result in a 1.4 or 1.5 increase...in only 1 case out of the 87 he recorded (for a 16-20yo with 18DV) was the increase as low as 1.2!
        Can't really sell anyone so we look destined for another season of absolute poverty!

Comment

Over in the Golden League I had to sell a 19/7 to afford two 17/4s. The sort of retrograde step one should never take. On the other hand it will stop the Curlies being bankrupt for a season.

And Don Rust, the 21/7 goalie who looked "like he had a DJ in the tank" when I bought him for a song, got to 19 DV and still only went to 22/8. But he must be close now. I'll put him in the CR calculator.

Edit: 15+ a DJ will be possible. He ought to get that.
          Last edited by Sits; 19-11-2018, 11:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
            Over in the Golden League I had to sell a 19/7 to afford two 17/4s. The sort of retrograde step one should never take. On the other hand it will stop the Curlies being bankrupt for a season.

And Don Rust, the 21/7 goalie who looked "like he had a DJ in the tank" when I bought him for a song, got to 19 DV and still only went to 22/8. But he must be close now. I'll put him in the CR calculator.

Edit: 15+ a DJ will be possible. He ought to get that.
            Mmm that's interesting; according to my calculator, a 21yo with 19DV would have gone up 1.4 or 1.5. 15DV for a 22yo would mean an increase of between 0.7 and 1.0....so he'd need at least 16 or probably 17DV to DJ...
            Can't guarantee the figures are accurate obvs!

Comment

OK CR for the Dragons. Most importantly no retirements, which means I have Nehls for two more seasons in goal, ditto Linders in midfield. The skill gap between keepers is narrowing as Nehls is shedding skill bars and Asken doubled, but it's useful to have the flexibility with regards to defence average age.

In defence one of my two 17/4 youngsters doubled, so I've put them up for sale.

Otherwise there wasn't much jumping activity.

Comment

Steaua Bridge looking a bit thin after three retirements - in fact the system has generated a random 19/2 goalkeeper just to keep my numbers up. I've promoted a 17/3 horse net midfielder and the youths I brought through at the start are still doing ok. One double from them this time and we now have three 21/8 players, a 20/8 and a 20/7.

And so the game plan of 'keep it tight and hope for a Doc free kick' will continue for the time being.

Comment

Just realised, that's my first ever relegation in OTF. I'll use that fact for a cheeky 200k press release.

Comment

My aim for this season, aside from not being relegated, obvs, is to get one of my players into the week's X11 team.... I (somehow) managed to finish fifth this season without getting a single player in... Mind you, my highest skilled player is still only a 13, so it might take another season or two yet till my carefully-nurtured long-term players are up there with the Greenwoods and Rindals of this world....

Comment

As you'll have seen on the TV, no doubt, legendary Hideous Towns defender Clas Ahlund retired at the end of the season after 389 appearances and 64 goals for the club. Due to some appalling squad management from the manager, Ahlund was still required to play a significant part during his retirement season and so, even though he couldn't prevent Towns going down, his departure is a blow.

What you might have expected in this situation is for Ahlund's successor as defensive mainstay, best player and captain to steady the ship, rally the squad and inspire them to a promotion push next season. Instead, Sid Bunton has decided to announce his retirement, at the age of 34 and with his skill level still on an upward curve. Thanks for that, Sid.

There wasn't a lot of good news in the rest of the CR, either, and a squad of 15 players - including Bunton and a 22/4 goalkeeper who refuses to leave the building - may well struggle back in Division 1 next season. Any hopes that I could rely on my 5* academy to plug some gaps were dampened a little today when they offered up a midfielder who, at 20/4, has long since passed the point at which he might have been classified as "promising".

I mentioned Bunton a while back, when we established that he probably held the OTF X11 record for appearances by an outfield player without scoring a goal, at 269. Two seasons on, he's up to 303 goalless games, with Towns having not been awarded a penalty in his time as nominated taker. He's unlikely to break his duck from the bench next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                        a 22/4 goalkeeper who refuses to leave the building
                        I'm afraid you might need to put in a little more effort. Walter Vreeswijk joined Nieuwegein Kneebiters as a 17/3 goalkeeper way back when. After this change report, he's a 27/0 who still won't retire. He hasn't played a game in his life.

Comment

We were proud to host Clas's last game, HO, and I hope he appreciated the guard of honour at the end. It was nice to see him play in a few games during his last season - better than warming the bench I reckon....
                          As I think I put in a game comment which was presumably missed, even by the normally-attentive VA, is 389 appearances the most ever in OTF?

5* academy? Don't talk to me about 5* academy.....! (Ok Four Candles did pretty well last season so I can't complain, but a 18/4 defender with lightbulb is kind-of.....borderline.....)

Comment

I believe the record remains with Fikret Yücel at 401 (edit, no it doesn't Rudi Küchler played 429 times for Wharfedale Generals). 389 might be an outfield player record though.
                            Last edited by Etienne; 19-11-2018, 19:29.

Comment

X11 Ladies League Matchday 6. Waving a sad goodbye to SothdownRebel.

Code:
                              Division 1a

Wælcyrie 		0 - 1	Viking South Utsira
                              				E.Klovning 92'

Division 3d

Drakaina		0 - 0	Gretna Girls FC

Division 4i

LNWR Locomotive		1 - 0	Erbil
                              Teigland 64'

Division 4k

Bolton Ladies College	2 - 1	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                              Matrix 41'			Azeite 81'
                              Perkins 85'

Division 5:17

Tartan Tawties FC 	0 - 1	Coxy Ladies Wulpen
                              				Leclercq 82'

Division 5:19

Bobek 			0 - 5	Sockford Emollient
                              				Mullins 6'
                              				Parks 14', 37', 47'
                              				Ericson 68'

Division 5:28

The Valkyries 		0 - 2	Menywod Maeshafn
                              				Boye 47'
                              				Bellamont 89'

Division 5:31

SC Agroi 		2 - 0	Csiki Girls
                              Merton 50'
                              Richards 79'

Division 6:40

Ullapool Northern Star	1 - 0	Murcielago
                              Menashi 84'

Division 6:43

Red Dead Heads 		0 - 0	Solent Sirens

Division 6:44

Witches of Chiswick	3 - 1	Marselle
                              Patiño 15', 51' (pen) 85'	Cotrim 7'

Riverbankers WFC	0 - 4	AC Gemelas 1903
                              				Djuurvík 34'
                              				Ufarte 59'
                              				Mishra 61'
                              				van der Zwaan 70'

Division 6:53

Aguilasdelzulia 	0 - 2	Zeugma Dostluk Spor
                              				Lúcia Lucas 73'
                              				Forsyth 89'

Division 6:57

Albufeira Girls SAD 	0 - 3	Dublin City WFC
                              				Kåmark 49', 87'
                              Concalves (sent off) 76'	Dunganstown 89'
                              An oft-repeated mythological battle, at least as far as the X11 Ladies is concerned, writ another chapter when Viking South Utsira took to Fólkvangr Field to face Wælcyrie.
                              Unlike some most previous meetings, this one was something of a rearguard action for both as The Blood Eagles arrived propping up the Division 1a standings with their hosts only two places higher. What Viking boss didn’t need was a bad injury early on, but that was exactly what Velvet Android got as Tove Kvalvik went down with an 11-day knock. That didn’t knock Utsira from their stride though, the visitors dominating the first half but doing so without reward.
                              The trend continued after the break, VSU having most of the ball and all of the shots, but the scoresheet remained stubbornly blank. But then, just when it looked like a very frustrating draw for The Blood Eagles, Tyra Klovning centred for her aunt, Emilie Klovning, to head home. The goal was timed at 92 minutes.
                              That last gasp win lifted Viking up to fifth in the table, two points above the drop zone. And only one behind the play-off spot. This Division is actually rather bizarre; Gastele are running away with the title, with 6 wins from 6. Van Helsing GLS are unbeaten in second, but have only won once, drawing their other five. And everybody else is doing no better than parity. That is why second to eighth are separated by just three points.

There was next to nothing to chose between Drakaina and Gretna Girls FC prior to kick-off at Delphi; they were level on points and goal difference, with The Dragons marginally ahead on goals scored.
                              This parity was transferred to the pitch, where the match was locked into a stalemate. Maybe Etienne’s side would have done better if star striker Sandrine Petit hadn’t suffered a 9-day injury just five minutes in to the match? Who knows. Without her Drakaina struggled to hang on to the ball, but their defence was very calm about playing without it. Neither side created much, the match drifting to a scoreless draw.
                              That left The Dragons fourth in the Division 3d standings, one point adrift of the play-offs and two ahead of the drop zone.

The first OTF derby of the season in Division 4i was a vital one for both hosts LNWR Locomotive and visitors Erbil.
                              The first chance of the match didn’t arrive until the 31st minute, Charlotte Hinton directing a powerful header at the Locomotive net but not sufficiently far away from Maral Parseghian, who handle it easily. That was the sole first half chance, but the second period started quicker, when The Steamers were awarded a free-kick in a dangerous position just seconds after the restart. Charlotte Nixon went directly for goal, and may wish she hadn’t after blazing miles over.
                              Another lull followed until the 64th minute. This time Nixon was on the flank so couldn’t realistically shot, and crossed instead. That was the correct option, Maja Teigland meeting the cross on the sprint to bullet a header past Sabine Ankarstrand.
                              Nixon had another go from a set piece on 73 minutes, and was much closer this time. Yes, the shot was still over, but at least it was only marginally so! Even closer was Sandra Brundin’s lob attempt on 83 minutes, this one brushing the crossbar on its way over the top.
                              And that was all she wrote as Viktor Bsokovic’s side claim a vital three points, which lift them to within two points of safety. They do remain seventh, though. As for Erbil, Jdsx’s charges are now marooned four points adrift at the foot of the table.

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC were on the road at Bolton Ladies College on Matchday 6.
                              The first half had little action up until the 41st minute, but then with the first shot of the game, the hosts took the lead. I don’t usually mention the scorers against OTF sides, but I’ll make an exception in this case as the Bolton scorer glories in the astounding moniker of Gostaspoucogostas Matrix! Or ‘Trinity’ as all her mates call her. How goddam cool was Trinity, btw? That was before the current era of kick-ass female action figures, really. And her suaveness was never undercut, that I remember.
                              Anyway, back to the present, The Sea Spirits had a deficit to claw back. They tried to do that, but for every chance SeanoftheShed’s girls made, Bolton responded. That eventually culminated in a trade of goals, Leila Azeite levelling with a direct free-kick on 81 minutes, only for the hosts to go an win it on 85.
                              Defeat didn’t cost Kanjeng a place in the Division 4k table, they remain third, but the gap to second has grown to four points. In fact the gap to sixth is now smaller, standing at three points.

At trip to Glasgow was in store for Coxy Ladies Wulpen as they took on Tartan Tawties FC at Parkhead.
                              There was very little to chose between the teams, The Waders shading possession on both halves but chances being evenly split. It always felt like a game where one goal could decided it, and that strike arrived late on. It came for Janik’s charges, Alicia Leclercq turning home Aurelie Wostijn’s assist in the 82nd minute.
                              Wulpen’s reward for the had-fought victory was a return to the Division 5:17 summit after two weeks away. They now sit a point clear at the top, with another side two points adrift.

Sockford Emollient were looking to bounce back from a defeat against a promotion rival when they travelled to Bobek.
                              The Gatorsharks got off to the perfect start, Kayley Mullins racing clear to give Foxy265’s side the lead after just 6 minutes. After that, it was the Monica Park’s show. The Sockford midfielder came into the game having scored twice all season, one in the league and one in the Cup, but she soon doubled that tally with a long range shot on 14 minutes and a header after 37.
                              Parks’ completed her hattrick two minutes after the break with another header, putting Emollient four up. The game was well won by this stage, but even so there was still the desire to go for another, Lotta Ericson firing in from range midway through the second half.
                              The win kept the pressure up on the Division 5:19 top two, Sockford remaining third in the table.

Menywod Maeshafn faced one of the bigger challenges to their 100% record when they made their way to third-in-the-table The Valkyries.
                              The Welsh side shaded the first half, but did so without scoring. Lisha Boye was not satisfied with this, and changed it just two minutes into the second half, heading home from a corner. That put IsThatcherDeadYet’s charges in a good position, particularly with their hosts struggling to create chances.
                              The travelling Maeshafn fans really needed a second to feel comfortable, and this goal was long delayed, partly through the aegis of referee Stellan Offsajed, who disallowed Sandy Perry’s 69th minute effort, which would have been her first for the club. Instead it took until the penultimate minute of normal time for the follow-up goal, Justine Bellamont heading home from a corner.
                              Maeshafn’s lead at the top of Division 5:28 is still pegged to just three points, despite their dominant start to the campaign. The advantage on third is pretty substantial, though.

Csiki Girls were at the home of a form team when they took on SC Agroi.
                              The hosts were unbeaten and in second-place in the Division 5:31 standings, whilst Csiki Girls sat fifth at the start of play. I would like to be able to tell you that Ad Hoc’s side bucked these statistics, but actually it went pretty well as a computer would have simulated it.
                              Injury to Eleena Munoz, and a nasty one at that (18 days), may have played a part in a lock of attacking cohesion for The Csiki’s through the match. They did create two chances, but Argoi made double that, and converted two of them on 50 and 79 minutes.
                              Csiki Girls stayed out of the 5:31 just zone. Just. The gap behind them to sixth is not even goal difference, but goals scored. Argoi sit second, and are now six points ahead.

Comment

With first playing third elsewhere in Division 6:40, it was a chance for Ullapool Northern Star to improve their position almost whatever happened in the other game, assuming Ullapool beat Murcielago, that is.
                                The visits made themselves hard to break down. Very hard to do so in fact, Ullapool having nearly 60% possession in both halves, but only managing a single shot before the break. Delicatemoth’s side also created but one shooting opportunity after the break, so it was crucial that it fell to the right woman. That ‘right woman’ proved to be Sonia Menashi, who fired in the winner on 84 minutes.
                                As for the other game, third beat first extremely handily, and thereby propelled Northern Star back to the top of the 6:40 table.

A tough assignment awaited Solent Sirens as they travelled to Division 6:43 leaders Red Dead Heads.
                                The Heads hadn’t dropped a point all season, and pushed Solent backwards as they had the better of possession and territory. In fact the leaders direct five different clear openings at The Sirens net, but Estelle Winterburn was equal to all of them.
                                One couldn’t argue that this was anything other than a point stolen by Andrew7610’s troops. But stolen it was, which kept Solent within three points of the 6:43 play-off spot, though they did lose a position to drop to fifth.

To West London next, specifically Field Lane where Witches of Chiswick were taking on Marselle.
                                It was the visitors who struck first, a long range shot on 7 minutes finding its way past Miyuki Kurihawa. Salut Patiño responded in kind for The Bewitched, netting an equaliser from 35 yards on the quarter-hour mark. That was Patiño’s first league goal for Chiswick following her 5+ million summer move, and having netted once, she got the taste for it, heading in on 51 minutes to put Wiblflibl and co ahead and then firing home from the spot on 85 to seal the win and complete her hattrick. Patiño also showed good professionalism, resisting the cries to take the penalty left-footed to complete the perfect hattrick, sidefooting home with her trusty right instead.
                                Let’s have one last look in on Riverbankers, for whom SouthdownRebel is still nominally in charge, though we know he won’t be back.
                                This final match against AC Gemelas 1903 was The Bankies time under SdR in microcosm. On the back foot, reliant on ‘keeper Anastasia Myznikova playing well, and slowly being edged out of contention. 1-0 down at the break, Riverbankers needed some luck, and didn’t get it as Elna Danelius’s 46th minute ‘equaliser’ was disallowed. That proved to be the final straw, Gemelas adding three more after the break to wrap things up.
                                The Witches sit second in the Division 6:44 standings, three points behind the leaders and only goal difference in front of third.

A critical encounter for Zeugma Dostluk Spor saw them face-off with the side one place behind them, Aguilasdelzulia.
                                Zeugma’s counter-attacking style relies significantly on staying level in the match for as long as possible. Which is why Aguilasdelzulia having a 14th minute ‘goal’ disallowed was so big. Justin Thyme’s action in wiping that off meant the game was no just scoreless but officially chanceless at half-time.
                                The second half was much better, infinitely so given that any shots is an improvement on none. There were goals too. Two of them, Ana Lúcia Lucas firing Antepli Ejderha’s side in front from range on 73 minutes and Rachel Forsyth heading in a corner for 2-0 with one minute plus stoppages to play.
                                Division 6:53 leaders K2O3 also won again, so Zeugma will have to continue to settle for second place in the table, three points adrift of the side they are chasing, but five ahead of those trying to creep up from behind.

Last but not least, we have Dublin City WFC, who had some good news when manager Mortal Joe settled in to their dugout before the game at Albufeira Girls SAD.
                                The boss watched his side put in a solid first 45, but come into the break still level at 0-0. Encouraging words rather than a tactical rejig was the half-time order of business, and this worked as Veronica Kåmark pounced on a loose ball after a corner to slam in the opener after 49 minutes.
                                1-0 it remained up until the last ten, by which time Dublin had a player advantage. That was because, in the 76th minute, Theresa Concalves dived in horribly on Rita Cruz, leaving the Dublin player in a heap (and out for 8 days) and earning Concalves a second yellow card. That motivated the visitors to add two more strikes late on, Kåmark getting her second of the day from range and Brady Dunganstown also netting from much closer to round off the scoring.
                                The win kept Dublin fifth in the table, but such is the closeness of the Division 6:57 top half, a win tomorrow could lift the Dubs to the summit!

Comment

Also I’ve only owned him for a season so the CR data is limited. Well I’m keeping him now.

Comment

Ha! Another 250k econs down the crapper.

I reckon that it is well worth it; putting out these massive win bonuses have likely prevented several form training sessions.

Comment

Turd Division in the OTF was my first taste of Xpert Eleven, almost exactly four years ago now.

At 10am UK time, all-time appearances record holder Ulf Klein will leave the club. Arriving as a 19/4 with a long list of specialisms - cone, cool, allround, freekicks, cheat - he was an absolute steal at 47.7k econ and over time went on to rack up 267 appearances for the Turds, scoring 35 goals and assisting with another 43. He's played in all four OTF divisions.

He's now 35, and had been stuck at 12 for five seasons, the years catching up with him only towards the end of this last Div 1 campaign just gone, moving down to an 11 rating. His 18 appearances in season 51 came mainly from the bench.

He has one merit to his name: 9 assists in Div 1 in season 49.

Feels a little bit rough moving him on, but even at 35 he has indicated his unwillingness to retire, and the Turds have new blood to, er, blood. Farewell, Ulf, and thank you.
                                      Last edited by Auntie Beryl; 22-11-2018, 08:38.

Comment

Welcome back RobM and Thorntree Star.

Comment

Hurrah!

Comment

Great news, welcome back RobM.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
                                              At 10am UK time, all-time appearances record holder Ulf Klein will leave the club. Arriving as a 19/4 with a long list of specialisms - cone, cool, allround, freekicks, cheat - he was an absolute steal at 47.7k econ and over time went on to rack up 267 appearances for the Turds, scoring 35 goals and assisting with another 43. He's played in all four OTF divisions.

He's now 35, and had been stuck at 12 for five seasons, the years catching up with him only towards the end of this last Div 1 campaign just gone, moving down to an 11 rating. His 18 appearances in season 51 came mainly from the bench.

He has one merit to his name: 9 assists in Div 1 in season 49.

Feels a little bit rough moving him on, but even at 35 he has indicated his unwillingness to retire, and the Turds have new blood to, er, blood. Farewell, Ulf, and thank you.
                                              Ah that's a shame we won't be able to give Ulf a 'small' (geddit?) send-off this evening, AB. Now we've done the guard of honour thing for Clas, we're getting the hang of it.... But we're looking forward to the match nonetheless....

Comment

Aw, thanks jsdx. I think Ulf is planning on showing up anyway and hogging attention sitting in the stands.
                                                Last edited by Auntie Beryl; 22-11-2018, 16:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                                  Welcome back RobM and Thorntree Star.
                                                  Excellent news that.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                                    We were proud to host Clas's last game, HO, and I hope he appreciated the guard of honour at the end. It was nice to see him play in a few games during his last season - better than warming the bench I reckon....
                                                    As I think I put in a game comment which was presumably missed, even by the normally-attentive VA, is 389 appearances the most ever in OTF?

5* academy? Don't talk to me about 5* academy.....! (Ok Four Candles did pretty well last season so I can't complain, but a 18/4 defender with lightbulb is kind-of.....borderline.....)
                                                    The guard of honour was a classy touch. Clas sends his thanks, although he didn't find it particularly funny when the guy on the end stuck out a leg and tripped him up. Clas started as an 18/4 so don't give up on such players. They can become pretty decent with careful development (or even with being badly mismanaged during their first season, as Clas was).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X