Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Nyth's rather paltry collection.

TT-B is the shining light of the young crop in this squad, so I was concerned when he went off injured during the final match. Fortunately, it wasn't too serious and his DV stayed where it was.

Comment

There's been a nice bidding war on my 17/4 cock jester keeper at Traktor Volgograd. He was valued at 815 800 econ, and has reached 2 391 700 econ at close of bidding.

Comment

Oh sunny day! It’s the X11 Ladies League Matchday 4 report.

Code:
        Division 3d

Viking South Utsira	2 - 0	Mighty Aphrodite
        B.Kvalvik 13'
        Fudida 62'

Division 4h

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	0 - 1	Tartan Tawties FC
        Berenger 78'

Kilwinning WFC 		1 - 2	Drakaina
        Geddes 93'			Winter 30'
        Vulturescu 50'

Division 4j

Borgis Ladies 		1 - 0	Witches of Chiswick
        Gago 37'

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	3 - 2	Supreme Ladies
        Azeite 27', 82'			Castelo-Branco 10'
        Prins 52'			Glennmark 62'

Division 5:17

LNWR Locomotive		4 - 0	Jozzo Stars
        Hutson 11'
        Ryman 55', 80'
        Vilhena 87'

Division 5:22

Solent Sirens		4 - 1	Liverpool Girls
        Ewertsson 55'			Bjørstad 36'
        Stieglecker 62'
        Utstumo 75'
        Settman (pen) 91'

Division 5:29

Girls Down Under 	2 - 0	Dublin City Womens FC
        Vostretsova 19'
        Boldyreva 53'

Division 6:40

Invisible Ladies	0 - 0	Girls Aloud

Division 6:55

Menywod Maeshafn	1 - 1	Triestina
        van Hijde 82'			Isabel Anastácio 31'

Division 6:62

Csiki Girls		0 - 0	Sekler Femina FC
        There was a clash of mythic proportions at Ragnar Rock as Viking South Utsira took on Mighty Aphrodite.
        The visitors arrived with an unblemished record in the league and an extremely strong set of players. However The Blood Eagles are no mean shakes themselves, starting the day in second place and it was Velvet Android’s side who struck first, Bergljot Kvalvik heading home a cross with 13 on the clock.
        Viking continued to make the pace for the rest of the opening half, without adding to their advantage. Things turned around in terms of possession after the break, though Aphrodite remained chanceless thanks to an exceptional performance from the Utsiran defence. This laid the platform, Manuças Fudida accepting the invitation to head the game sealing second on 62 minutes.
        VSU’s win sees the sides swap places in the Division 3d table, The Blood Eagles becoming the new leaders at the expense of their no-longer-perfect foes.

Is it too early to talk about key relegation battles? Because that is certainly what Coxy Ladies Wulpen’s meeting with fellow strugglers Tartan Tawties FC felt like.
        It was a nervous enough occasion to suggest the teams believed that billing, with no chances at all created in the opening half. If the Curlew’s Nest crowd were disappointed in that, they were equally relieved when what had appeared to be the games first opportunity, for the Tawties on 62 minutes, proved nonesuch as their strike was disallowed. However this would turn out to be no more than a delay to the fatal blow, The Waders falling behind after 78 minutes. Frustratingly for Janik’s side, this would prove to be the only chance of the entire game.
        Drakaina are adapting much better to life in the fifth tier, as they demonstrated on their trip to Kilwinning WFC.
        The phrase smash-and-grab would sum up this game, as The Dragons converted limited play into significant reward. The first half stats read 60-40 possession and 3-2 chances in Kilwinning’s favour, but with the scoreline standing at 0-1 following Grace Winter’s header after half-an-hour.
        It got even better for Etienne’s side soon after the break, hot midfield prospect Florica Vulturescu getting her first goal since her 8+million econ signing as a 16/5 (she is now up to 17/6). With a two goal lead from just three shots, the Greeks then shut up shop. Killwinning kept pushing for goals, eventually racking up eight attempts to their visitors three, but only registering a consolation goal which arrived deep into stoppage time and therefore far too late.
        Drakaina remain in third place in the Division 4h table, just two points adrift of the top two sides. Wulpen’s position is also unchanged; they are still bottom but are now three points adrift of safety.

The matchday 4 assignment for Witches of Chiswick was a trip to a handy Borgis Ladies side.
        The Bewitched came close to monopolising the ball in the opening half, but failed to create significant chances from all their position and the found themselves trailing at the interval as Borgis scored with their only opening half chance. The mood at half-time in the Chiswick changing room was made even more sombre by a nasty 18-day injury for midfielder Johanna Herrlin seconds before the whistle.
        The match continued in a similar vein after the interval, The Bewitched having much more of the ball but with chances evenly shared between the sides. Evenly matched, and not particular abundant, certainly not enough for sheer weight of numbers to see Wiblflibl’s girls draw level.
        Following three defeats from three, the need for a win at Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC was becoming rather urgent as The Sea Spirits prepared to host Supreme Ladies.
        That explains the murmur of concern, bordering on dissent, that swept about Merapi-Kraton-South Sea when Supreme went ahead after 10 minutes. However SeanoftheShed’s side were not put off by the nay-sayers, taking the game to their visitors and deservedly drawing level after 27 minutes when Leila Azeite struck directly from a free-kick.
        One-all became two-one early in the second half, Cindy Prins obliging this time with a close-range strike. The lead would only last ten minutes though, Supreme drawing themselves level in a topsy-turvy game with a direct free-kick of their own. However that simply prompted Azeite to say ‘anything you can do’ as she found the target again from a set-piece with 82 on the clock, this goal handing victory to SeanoftheShed’s charges. Cue celebrations in the stands.
        The win wasn’t enough to lift Kanjeng off the bottom of Division 4j, but it did lift them level on points with The Bewitched in seventh. Both are three points from safety as things currently stand.

LNWR Locomotive fourth match of their league campaign pitched them against Jozzo Stars, the side of former league admin W99DEY, but a rudderless ship since he quit in the last closed season (the admin is now Wayne, who IIRC is one of the founders of X11 or similar?).
        It seems quite possible that W99DEY has left his team set on bruise as a parting ‘gift’, as two combine harvester tackles had completely varying consequences for The Steamers Kaitlyn Hutson. The first, after 11 minutes gave her a direct free-kick opportunity with which she put LNWR ahead. The second, on 35 minutes, left her in the treatment room with a 13-day injury. Both Jozzo ‘tacklers’ were booked.
        Leading 1-0 at the break wasn’t enough for manager Viktor Boskovic, who insisted that his team should significantly up things for the second half. The Steamers players obliged, with six chances and three goals. The first two of these came from Lisa Ryman, her first strikes in a Locomotive shirt since her (very cheap) closed season acquisition. Goal number four was scored by Corália Vilhena, three minutes from time.
        The win moved the Mllington Street outfit out of the Division 5:17 drop zone and up to fourth place. They are now only two points behind the leaders, one off the play-offs and three ahead of the relegation spots.

South coast vs North-West and a meeting of two of England’s traditional ports was the menu when Solent Sirens faced off with Liverpool Girls.
        The Sirens shaded the opening half in terms of possession (55-45) and chances (2-1) but not score as Liverpool took a 1-0 lead back to the dressing rooms. These were the scene of another inspired/annoyed team talk as Andrew7610’s side would be transformed in the second half, going from a chance every 22.5 minutes to one every 3.75, i.e. 12 attempts.
        This sort of peppering had to pay dividends. Tove Ewertsson was the first to make full use of her opportunity, firing in an equaliser following a 55th minute corner. Marlene Stieglecker soon had The Sirens ahead with another close range effort, her first for the club following her recent transfer to Mayfield Park. Goal number three also came from a first-time scorer in a Solent shirt, defender Ragnhild Utstumo thumping home a header.
        The match was done at 3-1, but there was still just enough time for a fourth when Solent were awarded a stoppage time penalty which Elise Settman converted. This goal would have an effect on the Division 5:22 table as lifted Solent into second spot by the narrowest of margins, level on goal difference but ahead by having scored one more in the season. They trail the leaders, Magnificent Girls, by a one.

Dublin City Womens FC will have quickly learned what to expect of their side, and won’t have been expecting all that much as they travelled to second-placed Girls Down Under.
        The game went roughly as expected, the hosts controlling proceedings and striking once in each half. Both of the Aussies scorers had clearly Slavic names, as did the vast majority of their teammates, suggesting the import of Eastern European sportswomen to Oz has expanded beyond Tennis players.
        Mortal Joe’s Dublin outfit remain bottom of Division 5:29 and are now six points from safety.

One key statistic in the meeting of Division 6:40s top two at The San Seethrough was that neither Invisible Ladies nor Girls Aloud had conceded a league goal as yet in the campaign.
        The See-Throughs had also scored in every match (and therefore won all three previous ones), so something had to give. It turned out to be Pebblethefish’s side’s perfect records, as Invisible couldn’t convert the solitary shot they managed in the 90 minutes.
        Nadine Hanley in the Invisible net was much the busier of the two ‘keepers, despite the sterling efforts of Núbia Salvador in front of her. Hanley saw off four shots, and the one time she was beaten, after 53 minutes, referee Al Beback came to the rescue.
        The stalemate left the top of the table unchanged, with Invisible two points clear of Girls Aloud. The gap to third is also as it was at three points.

Menywod Maeshafn welcomed early Division 6:55 leaders Triestina as the Welsh side looked to build on their first win of the campaign in the previous round of games.
        Having found their scoring boots, Maeshafn’s confidence shouldn’t have been particularly knocked when Triestina took the lead just past the half-hour. And indeed IsThatcherDeadYet’s side pressed with belief that they could and would get something from the game, having the better of the second-half openings. An equaliser was forthcoming, Elodie van Hijde scoring a picture-book direct free-kick after 82 minutes, but no more than that.
        Maesahfn remain unbeaten in the league this campaign, though one win and three draws is only good enough to currently have them fourth in the table, three points off the top. And two away from the drop zone, but we are NOT thinking about that!

There is nothing on Csiki Girls but promotion following last season’s near-miss, Sekler Femina FC providing the latest hurdle. It would prove a significant one.
        The Csiki came into the game boasting a perfect record, won three, scored 13, conceded none but they found Sekler a difficult nut to crack. In fact, an impossible one as Ad Hoc’s side didn’t manage an attempt on goal all afternoon. It was time for the Csiki’s rearguard to shine, and that they did, defender Liraz Israca turning in a career best grade 14 performance to claim man-of-the-match honours. Behind Israca recently recruited ‘keeper Emma Laude returned a solid grade 13 showing which saw off all three attempts by the visitors.
        The Csiki’s remain top of Division 6:62 despite dropping their first points of the campaign as their strong goal difference keeps them ahead of Atalanta Calcio. The top end of the table has closed up rather, mind.

Comment

Revenge is sweet.

Comment

When did wayne become admin for Xpert Ladies?

Comment

Probably around two months ago, based on when W99DEY quit his side.

Comment

Thanks for the magnificent reports catching up with the last couple of weeks' Xpert Ladies action, Janik. I hadn't thought about the "mythic" aspect to our clash with Mighty Aphrodite last Tuesday, but great point there...! If I say so myself, it was a hell of a win for us – in terms of player talent they're on such a plateau of their own in our division they must be odds-on favourites for the title, as I think their own manager acknowledged in a PR before the season kicked off, and had steamrollered all opposition so far. I just fancied flexing our muscles by for once putting out my strongest possible side, more to test them against that level of competition than with any real expectation of getting a result. I believe they fielded the strongest team I've ever played against in X11, but we managed to produce the best performance in club history to beat them somehow. I was very proud of that one!

Awkward Cup draw pitted us against a very good side for this early in the competition, mind, who were able to field a stronger team than us yesterday and so I was fairly happy to come away with a 0-0 to bring home. Having the 'live' scores up for a bunch of the other OTFers, I notice there's going to be a few of us in similarly evenly-balanced situations for the second leg next weekend.

Comment

[spoiler]Well...it's fair to say expectations are low at Hornville this season, but we'll take a 1-0 win away to Les Inc all day long[/spoiler]

Comment

Well I think I deserve the manager of the round award in the Heineken after that result.

Comment

Sean of the Shed wrote: Well I think I deserve the manager of the round award in the Heineken after that result.
                      I think we deserve the eternal also-rans award of the OTF league after that signature opening round of the Kneebiters.

Comment

Stupid fucking game.

Comment

Aye.

As I said in this evening's OTF match comments, normal service is resumed, then – and Hideous Towns were a very suitable choice to be this season's performers of the traditional early-doors ritual execution of Mortis' unbeaten record for the season, given that HO well knows how it feels to come firmly back to earth with a bump after a surprise runaway league title success...

More mystifying is that my tactics appear to have been roughly spot-on, and we were both in crap form ahead of it so no great disparity there, hence the manner of the defeat – 2-1 in goals but 6-1 in shots to Hideous – is a bit disconcerting. But no more surprising for all that really. Such form as we did have has promptly been wrecked, too, all our money's gone already after just one game, so I'm already pretty much writing off our "title defence" as a dead loss and already considering selling players to make up the financial shortfall.

Stupid fucking game.

Comment

That's a good result against Barceloneta Sean.

In the OTF again a hollow win for the Swine to kick off against a zombified Mystics. A team 3rd in OTF just a season and a bit ago.

Comment

Decent CR for the Babirusas in the Brythonnic. Most of the "should'ves" did, and one forward DJ'd.

Comment

Tullamore Town in the Brythonnic had an awful Change Report. 5 Players lost a bar, 2 get one. At the moment I have bids for 5 players and two are on the market, I will sack a few as well. The good thing is there was a bit of money there. This is quite an old squad which needs a big overhaul. Challenging, but that makes it interesting.

Comment

VA I've applied to take over a team at the bottom of the Brythonnic, feel like I need a new challenge. I've not really warmed to my team but I'm leaving them in a decent place with money in the bank.

Comment

Actually, my game against Saltney Drawers probably had both managers saying stupid fucking game. They had 7-0 in chances, but only ended up with a point. We lost our best defender for 24 days.

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote: VA I've applied to take over a team at the bottom of the Brythonnic, feel like I need a new challenge. I've not really warmed to my team but I'm leaving them in a decent place with money in the bank.
                                      And done – as you're already fully aware of in-game. I've had an application in already from outside the league; so as sorry as I am to see you drop four divisions southwards after doing fine work at Zeugma Idman Yurdu, you've probably done the league a service by taking over a less desirable club whilst opening up a covetable vacancy.

Haven't accepted the incomer yet, as I thought it only fair to send him a note first explaining that we'll be having a month-long offseason while waiting for our forthcoming merger with Rmy's league to go through, i.e. there'll be no immediate competitive action.

Meanwhile, if any OTFers not already on board fancy joining the fun in a month or so's time, there's going to be room for a couple of new clubs, and/or vacancies where we'll have a few inactive teams brought over in mergers to make up the numbers. With 6 (probably 4 of which are active) arriving yesterday in merger #1 and potentially 16 (10-12 currently active) in merger #2, we'll have a few slots available in the putative Sixth and Seventh Divisions that will be created from 20 of these and/or brand new teams.

Comment

After a day of rubbish news, Xpert XI gods smiled on me yesterday. In the Ladies League, we won 4-1, in the Chaos Cartel we managed to beat a stronger team after they failed to get a single shot at a 16/3 striker (not an all rounder) who played the last 30 minutes in goal, and in the Xpert Zone we equalised late on with our only shot of the game.

Comment

http://www.xperteleven.com/clubhistory.aspx?dh=1&TeamID=902482

An interesting six day reign for this manager.

I've ditched my Golden League team to drop down to division 6. My final game was against a zombie and would have been a walkover so I've decided to take on a fresh challenge.

Comment

Stupid fucking game.

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote: http://www.xperteleven.com/clubhistory.aspx?dh=1&TeamID=902482

An interesting six day reign for this manager.
                                              Hang on so Zdan came back, then deregistered again? I miss him.

Comment

"Zdan1923"...! Do you think that's the 1,923rd different profile our old Xpert Zone overlord has had in the game? I see this one's already been deleted, anyhow.

Previous manager (for 22 seasons) VerpissDichBayern is a name I recognise, and now it's going to bug me as I can't recall from where. Was he in MLX, perhaps?

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote: I've ditched my Golden League team to drop down to division 6. My final game was against a zombie and would have been a walkover so I've decided to take on a fresh challenge.
                                                  You like rebuilding from the bottom, don't you AE?! Best of luck at new side Ale FC, who've just been fanned by VNU. Were they chosen due to being only one letter away from being called AE FC?

Just noticed your now ex-side MKE Zeugmagücü play at the VA Sports Arena – when did that happen? Please consider all at the corporation deeply honoured.

Comment

Various Artist wrote: "Zdan1923"...! Do you think that's the 1,923rd different profile our old Xpert Zone overlord has had in the game? I see this one's already been deleted, anyhow.

Previous manager (for 22 seasons) VerpissDichBayern is a name I recognise, and now it's going to bug me as I can't recall from where. Was he in MLX, perhaps?
                                                    Rooting through the history of all 64 teams to find out is definitely an assistant job. See section 4, subsection 7, paragraph 2 of your MLX Assistant's handbook.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X