No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last round of games in Division 2 of The Human League look particularly interesting. Thank goodness Flapton Nogley secured their safety this evening, though we do have a part to play in the promotion race on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
      Satisfying outcome in the Xpert Zone top division.
      Originally posted by Sits View Post
      Yes thanks very much Etienne. Noirs' win was only half the equation but if you'd not stopped Craigneuk Fury winning we'd still have failed to pull off that last-ditch Houdini act.
      Just watched my last game, with your matches up on the 'live' scores, and yes indeed that was a satisfying outcome! Well done on the great escape Sits, and well done Etienne with the vital assist – just a shame you couldn't nick a closing win to grab 2nd spot from PPP.

Tiree recovered from a mini late-season blip in time to thump Husaria 4-0 and South Side Dons 5-0 in the final week, with respectively the best and second-best rated performances in club history... just as there was nothing to play for. Typical. I just hope we can carry that form over into next season. Considering we opened our campaign with D-L-L, 4th place represents our highest ever Xpert Zone finish, so that's progress anyway.

It's a pity FC Tobermory's season ended with a full slump, costing them promotion and the chance to make it a quadruple-OTFer top flight next season. Tobermory Town in the other Pro Zone also finished poorly and are relegated back to the Semi-Pro after just one season, so the dream of a triple-Hebridean presence in the top tier will have to wait a while too.

Originally posted by andrew7610 View Post
      The J4GL's 1pm kick-off time often catches me out, and I again forgot to set tactics, so just logged in fearing the worst.
      Lenton Sports 8 - 0 New London
      That's my first 8, I think. In future I'll just let them look after themselves - that never would have happened had I set the team up this morning.
      Truly divine madness. I've only breached the seven-goal barrier a handful of times ever in X11, and I'm not convinced I've ever done it outside of completely one-sided Ultimate League Cup or Xpert Ladies Cup games against lower-division minnows/zombies. I've certainly never done it by accident. A hearty "Guzman!" to the Lenton assistant manager!
      Last edited by Various Artist; 26-09-2018, 22:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
        It's a pity FC Tobermory's season ended with a full slump, costing them promotion and the chance to make it a quadruple-OTFer top flight next season.
        I was fully focussed on DV - we have no money and an impending average age problem, so promotion would have seen a bloodbath. I'm not at all bothered at missing out. DVs were still crap though.

Comment

Unexpected victory in the Xpert Ladies play-offs for Kanjeng Ratu Kidul, winning 2-1 after extra time to move up to Division 4 next season.

Comment

Oh hurrah guzman, well done Sean!

And I see where you're coming from SdR – I've only just about got Tiree Automatic to the level now where they can be really competitive in the Xpert Zone top flight. We first got promoted there about eight seasons back, and it was hugely frustrating trying to punch miles above our weight for three seasons before the inevitable relegation, after which it took us another three goes to get back up again.

Change reports in both the Xpert Ladies and Xpert Zone tonight, by my reckoning. Which notables are the rest of you waving off into the sunset/coaching/punditry/betting adverts?

Viking South Utsira and Tiree Automatic are both losing their longest-serving player to retirement. In VSU's case it's longtime midfield superstar and true club legend Lurdes Quental, who quits as she turns 39 after 22 seasons in the team. Having joined on the last day of May 2012, she must be the most senior surviving player at any of my X11 teams measured by sheer longevity, and is one of a dwindling handful of Blood Eagles left who were at the club when I took over 4 years ago. She picked up a red cross in only my third game, but then went 12 seasons without another serious injury until our last-16 Cup tie last season, a crocking that effectively curtailed her top-level career. She starred for us in every division from 7 to 1, and was briefly our highest ever scorer earlier this year before being caught in turn by longterm colleague Manuças Fudida. No-one has featured in more matches for us nor racked up so many total goal/assist points.
            392 games, 237 points, 157 goals, 80 assists, 53 Xpert XIs (4 as captain), 2 bronze medals, 4 silver, 6 gold.

Tiree don't have any players left who preceded my arrival, but I signed Cameron Plymouth just five days after it. He has done 15 seasons and I believe is the last member of the playing staff remaining from the team who played for me in the Beginner Zone in my first campaign in charge. He joined on February 2nd 2015 as an underevaluated 22/8, then promptly got injured twice the next month (for 11 days each time) in both home and away fixtures against Storm of Swords who would ultimately pip us for the title that season, and stalled on 8 skill the next CR – but he double-jumped the season after, only picked up one more serious injury and none in his last ten seasons and has been one of our most reliable performers. I've just realised that when I left him out of our penultimate fixture last Saturday it was only the fifth game he's missed in the past 14 seasons!
            322 games, 114 points, 51 goals, 63 assists, 47 Xpert XIs (4 as captain)

Comment

I got relegated in two leagues in two days this week. Stupid game

Comment

...Lurdes Quental, who quits as she turns 39 after 22 seasons in the team. Having joined on the last day of May 2012, she must be the most senior surviving player at any of my X11 teams measured by sheer longevity, and is one of a dwindling handful of Blood Eagles left who were at the club when I took over 4 years ago.
                Blimey, I shouldn't have mentioned that:

Before the next season
                Moa Jönsson, Manuças Fudida and Magda Fevereiro have all decided that next season will be their last season with Viking South Utsira. They look forward to playing their last season for Viking South Utsira, but after that season retirement awaits.
                Sheesh. I don't think I've ever had three members of one X11 squad all announce their retirements after the same Change Report. OK, I was expected Moa and Manuças: they're both now 38, and Moa was reduced to part-time last season while Manuças only played once, in July. But Magda was still a key part of the midfield all season and is only 35, so that's both a surprise and a blow. The sole member of that "dwindling handful" who will be left come the following season is defender Loba Deparvada.

I suppose the plus side is that this forces me to return to the position I took in my earliest few seasons at the club, which was to fairly ruthlessly sideline/sell/sack the older and/or surplus players I inherited so as to make as much room as possible for the likes of Moa, Magda and Manuças to flourish in the first place. In that sense, I'm sure they won't complain.

We also have plenty of youths coming up, which is a luxury Tiree don't have. They are now down to 15 players in the squad, of which one is a placeholder reserve goalie. Badly need the YA to come up trumps there tonight, and preferably again before the close-season is out...
                Last edited by Various Artist; 28-09-2018, 10:28.

Comment

That's crap. I've had two, but three at once?

Comment

X11 Ladies Season 52 Matchday 14 and the play-offs. Which OTFers are climbing up this year?

Code:
                    Division 1a

Viking South Utsira	2 - 1	Eternal Wars
                    B.Kvalvik 52'			Lefebvre 82'
                    H.Hovland 69'

Division 4i

Busby Babes 		0 - 0	Drakaina

Division 4p

Chi City Chicks 	1 - 0	Csiki Girls
                    Gaunt 86'
                    Maeyens (sent off) 91'

Division 5:16

Spion Kop Ladies 	2 - 1	Erbil
                    Stevenson 4'			Ahmedi 84'
                    Coles 63'

Division 5:17

Stoke City Ladies XI 	2 - 3	LNWR Locomotive
                    Wiltershed 51'			Zakarian 5'
                    Fahrenheit 65'			Nixon 47', 60'

Division 5:18

Coxy Ladies Wulpen	5 - 0	kirkburton Juniors
                    Bjerre Nielsen 20'
                    Wostijn 28'
                    Madjarevic 49'
                    Beyen 82'
                    Vandenbergh 84'

Division 5:19

Ullapool Northern Star	0 - 3	ŽFK Partizan Beograd
                    				Mäkelä 30'
                    				Milovanovic 48', 94'

Division 5:21

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC	2 - 4	Twin Peaks Owls
                    Azeite 57'			Martinat 5'
                    Luangpruksachat 81'		Cedergren 10'
                    				Þorgeirsdottir 13', 90'

Division 5:27

Zeugma Dostluk Spor	1 - 2	1o Dezembro
                    Bell 74'			Decroix 22', 77'

Division 5:29

Dublin City WFC		0 - 2	Empire Of The Sun
                    				Chereches 27'
                    				Pombal 58'

Malta			0 - 0	Menywod Maeshafn

Division 6:40

Kiss FC 		0 - 4	Sockford Emollient
                    				Conrad 39'
                    				Reigel 54'
                    				Duggan 91'
                    				Branca 94'

Division 6:41

Invisible Ladies	0 - 5	Bobek
                    				Nannskog 2', 34'
                    				Korculanin 38', 63'
                    				de Salazar 80'

Division 6:42

Riverbankers FC		0 - 0	Witches of Chiswick

Rotnäset BK 		3 - 0	Solent Sirens
                    Payne 24', 77'
                    Carmo 30'
                    With a final finishing position that could be no higher than third and no lower than fifth for Viking South Utsira and one that was sixth for sure for Eternal Wars there was nothing riding on the game at Ragnar Rock. Beyond making the visitors pay for the bikini-clad woman emblazoned on their kit, that is.
                    The Blood Eagles players were definitely up for showing the dickhead in charge of the opposition their feelings as Velvet Android’s team dominated. They only registered twice from their nine shots, Bergljot Kvalvik (52) and Heidi Hovland (69) the scorers, but that was enough as Eternal Wars made only one chance, though sadly they converted it to give them a fig leaf of scoreline respectability. There is none for the kit, though.
                    Victory meant VSU finished fourth in the final Divison 1a standings.

Drakaina already had the Division 4i title wrapped up when they visited Busby Babes.
                    The match was typical fare for the Old Trafford faithful these days, a dull grind with little or nothing to entertain. It’s what their manager has been offering all year. Less so The Dragons, but Etienne’s side were glad of the quiet match as they nursed their hangovers.
                    The Greeks ended up champions by a six point margin, and were also unbeaten in the league all campaign. It’s been a comprehensive title charge.

A win for Csiki Girls at bottom of the table Chi City Chicks was the only thing that would give ad hoc’s side a chance of survival, and even then it would depend on other results.
                    The Csiki’s held the majority of possession, but found chances hard to come by. Very hard. In fact they created just one in the entire 90 minutes. The hosts had more, and this eventually paid dividends in the 86th minute.
                    Chi City’s Kelly Maeyens picked up a second yellow card in stoppage time, but by then the Csiki’s knew their chances were over as not did they need to overturn a deficit but the side they were chasing, Crazy Lady, had also just gone in front in their match. Not going to happen. Actually that Crazy Lady goal massively changed the other end of the Division 4p table as it rocketed them from fifth to second, and plunged Vasas Femina the other way! It was ultra-fine margins in this section.
                    As for Csiki Girls, they return to the sixth tier after a one season sojourn at this level. But let’s remember this one step back does follow two forward. Overall the trend is positive.

The Division 5:16 promotion race would turn on two matches; second-placed Erbil’s visit to mid-table Spion Kop Ladies and a clash between third and first pitting FBC Luja and Gehenna Hot Pants.
                    What faced Jdsx’s side was a match where a win guaranteed a play-off spot and might, with the right result elsewhere mean automatic promotion but anything else and the wrong result in the other game would mean missing out on even the play-off. Straightfoward, but not comfortable, particularly after the Koppites took a 4th minute lead.
                    That seemed to leave Erbil paralysed with fear, and it was with the run of play when the hosts made it two just past the hour mark. Erbil pulled one back late on from an unlikely source, young defender Roja Ahmedi heading home a corner for her first career goal, but it was too little too late to save the game.
                    So it was check the other result and cross your fingers time. There was little information coming from the crowd, which suggested it was tight at Luja. And that was accurate. In fact it was still 0-0 going into stoppage time. After some biting of fingernails, Erbil could relax and prepare for the playoff as that match did indeed finish scoreless. They wouldn’t even need to beat themselves up over dropped points, as the draw meant that Gehenna were sure to be champions whatever Erbil did.

Another tight promotion race was going on in Division 5:17 between LNWR Locomotive and Watergate Bay Surfers. The final day situation here was that The Steamers held a one point advantage, but had arguably the tougher match away at third-placed Stoke City Ladies XI.
                    Stoke had nothing riding on the match, but appeared determined to take a scalp. Their counter-attacking play held much more threat than that of Viktor Boskovic’ team in the opening half with one slight caveat – Stoke failed to score from five chances, whereas Locomotive’s Gayane Zakarian racing clear to bury their sole opportunity in the 5th minute!
                    1-0 became 2-0 soon after the break, Charlotte Nixon firing home from range. However Stoke hadn’t given up and reduced arrears in the 51st minute, only for Nixon to once again restore the two goal advantage with a header on the hour mark. Stoke rallied again five minutes later to make sure LNWR fans had a scary last 25 minutes, particularly as they knew Watergate Bay were winning very comfortably. Scary, but ultimately successful as The Steamers held on to claim the title by a point.

Dead rubber time for Coxy Ladies Wulpen as they took on relegated kirkburton Juniors.
                    The game was one-sided in The Waders favour from the point when the evergreen Nanna Bjerre Nielsen fired Janik’s team in front. Her goal was followed by one from each of the forwards, Aurelie Wostijn, Ursula Madjarevic, Charlotte Beyen and Laetitia Vandenbergh all netting. There was one black spot on the day with an early injury to defender Lien Valcke, the first of the 25-year old’s career remarkably enough. She will be out for 10 days.
                    Wulpen ended the season third in Division 5:18.

Two already relegated sides met at Minchview as Ullapool Northern Star hosted ŽFK Partizan Beograd.
                    A win for the visitors would see the sides swap places and delicatemoth’s team finish at the bottom of Division 5:19, and sadly that is what happened as Partizan rattled in three goals. They did have the good grace to at least deserve their victory.

Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC were practically assured of a play-off place ahead of their match against Twin Peaks Owls, leading to manager SeanoftheShed wrapping his players in cotton wool and playing a young reserve ‘keeper.
                    That actually proved a risky tactic as the Owls netted three in the opening 13 minutes, which vaguely opened the door to a possibility of being piped for second, but once the boss had explained he meant this metaphorically, things improved rather. So much so that The Sea Spirits nearly launched an improbable comeback, Leila Azeite getting what had appeared a consolation when she scored it on 57 minutes, but became more valuable when Thao-Ap Luangpruksachat added to it on 81. However Twin Peaks woke up again, and put the game to bed (to completely mix metaphors) with a fourth in the 90th minute.
                    That meant Kanjeng did indeed finish second in Division 5:21, with a play-off to look forward to.

It was definitely win or bust for Zeugma Dostluk Spor ahead of their meeting with second-placed 1o Dezembro, as other games meant anything less was certain relegation.
                    One couldn’t argue that Antepli Ejderha’s side didn’t give it a go, but sadly 1o Dezembro always had that tiny amount extra. They also had the lead from the 22nd minute. Stacey Bell levelled on 74 minutes, but it only took another 180 seconds before it only Dezembro were back in front, this time for good.
                    That meant relegation back to Division 6 at the first time of asking, as, despite only losing four times too many draws meant not enough points gathered for the Anatolians.

Comment

Relegated Dublin City WFC ended their season with a home game against Division 5:29 leaders Empire Of The Sun, with another OTFer potentially hanging on the result, looking for a Dublin win.
                      But could Mortal Joe’s side achieve that? Er, no, basically. Empire had chance after chance following taking the lead on 27 minutes, which eventually resulted in a second on 58. Dublin had the ball in the net on 68 minutes but were denied getting one back as Majken Gnestad’s effort was disallowed (it would have been the veteran defender’s first for the club) and the hosts also lost Ana Isabel Carreto to a 12 day injury just before Empire’s second goal.
                      That result effectively meant Menywod Maeshafn were playing for runners-up spot when they travelled to Malta, though the hosts were still chasing top (they needed to top Empire’s margin of victory to claim the title).
                      The signs were encouraging for IsThatcherDeadYet’s side as they shaded the first half on possession, though chances were split one a-piece and no goals for either team. However Malta stepped it up after the break, denying the Welsh any further chances and creating some themselves. Not that Malta scored, mind.
                      The final 5:29 standings had Maeshafn third, just two points shy of the title and -7 GD off the play-offs and Dublin seventh and heading back to the seventh tier.

A +7 goal difference advantage allied to a three point gap meant that Sockford Emollient were already close to having two hands on the Division 6:40 title, particularly as their final game was at a Kiss FC side without a point or indeed goal in the season.
                      The win on the night should have been a formality for The Gatorsharks, and ultimately was comprehensive, but a wait for most of the first half for the opening goal was beginning to make the travelling Framleyshire hordes twitchy. Maci Conrad dispelled that with a 39th minute header, Leila Reigel getting the party properly started with a 54th minute direct free-kick.
                      The final score was finally upped to sensible proportions by two more in stoppage time from Toni Duggan and Yasmim Branca. In the aftermath manager Foxy265 announced free annual passes to the Fluff Museum was a title bonus for his grateful players. It is Framleyshire’s no.1 tourist attraction, you know...

Invisible Ladies had a chance to climb a place in the final table, but to do so they would have to get something from a Bobek side chasing not just a win but a big one to try and claim the Division 6:41 title.
                      If that sounds a big ask for Pebblethefish’s team, well yes. It was. In fact it was too rich for The See-Through’s blood as they soundly beaten instead. The San Seethrough crowd didn’t get to see as much as a single shot from their girls.
                      Fifth in the end then for Invisible, and the hope that next season will be better.

Riverbankers FC only points to date this season had come across fellow OTF managed sides, so there was cautious hope amongst The Bankside Ground faithful ahead of the visit of Witches of Chiswick.
                      The visitors were the first to threaten in the ninth minute only for cheers to turn to groans when Lyanna Mormont’s long-range shot was wiped off for a dubious offside. The next chance came for the hosts in the 28th minute as Rachel Rother attempted a lob from outside the box that Miyuki Kurihawa tapped over the bar.
                      That was it for first half opportunities. The first opening after the break went the way of SouthdownRebel’s side after they were awarded a dangerous free-kick on 64 minutes following brutal play by The Bewitched’s Pinko Suganama. Rother took responsibility, but Kurihawa gathered comfortably. The sole legitimate chance of the day for Wiblflibl’s girls came in the 71st minute, but Kaede Anzai’s placed header was meat-and-drink for Anastasia Myznikova.
                      And that was that for the game, as Riverbankers did indeed claim their third point of the season via another OTF stalemate.
                      Meanwhile Solent Sirens were finishing with a difficult match at a Rotnäset BK outfit still very much involved in the promotion picture.
                      Andrew7610’s sides chances, already slim, were not helped by losing defender Paulina Lotoft to a 13-day injury in the 19th minute. The Sirens were still reorganising when Rotnäset struck twice, which moreorless sealed the game. The hosts added another late on for good measure, a result that guaranteed them a play-off spot that they subsequently won.

Code:
                      Play-offs for Division 4

Fantasy Factory		1 - 1	Erbil
                      Cabaça 73'		A.E.T.	Maude Hope 26'

Erbil win 5-4 on penalties

Lagermax		1 - 2	Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC
                      Dornianu 33'		A.E.T.	Prins 28'
                      				Dennen 109'
                      Erbil’s playoff pitted them against Fantasy Factory from Division 5:28.
                      Jdsx’s side started well, and moved into the lead on 26 minutes when Maude Hope rose majestically to head in her first senior goal. Obviously a player who understands big game moments... That inspired her teammates, who were looking comfortable until Fantasy Factory equalised against the run of play on 73 minutes.
                      Following a goalless extra-time, it was penalties to decide a Division 4 spot. Fantasy Factory went first as both sides netted the first three kicks, Saga Isgren, Sabina Granå and Alanza Solaun holding their nerves for Erbil. Then, on the seventh kick, Madee Sutho of Fantasy Factory missed. That meant that if Harmony Lister and Sandra Brundin could execute, then Erbil were promoted. They could. They were.

The other play-off with OTF involvement saw Kanjeng Ratu Kidul WFC take on Lagermax from Division 5:32.
                      The Sea Spirits were the first to register in this one, Cindy Prins nodding them ahead on 28 minutes. However Lagermax came straight back and levelled up just five minutes after Prins strike. Rahma Ikmal thought she had put Kanjeng back in front just before half-time, only for referee Frank Redkard’s whistle to deny her.
                      The first half had seen SeanoftheShed’s charges edge possession but not chances (or goals!). However from the start of the second onwards the match gradually tipped in favour of the Indonesians. But would it tip far enough? We got past 90 minutes, with the score still at 1-1 and then past 105, still the same. Would there even be a chance in extra-time, and if there was would the player it dropped to hold their nerve? Jolanda Dennen had the answers to that as she coolly flicked home a header from Leila Azeite’s 109th minute cross.
                      And that was decisive, Lagermax being out on their feet so unable to even create a chance to equalise. Kanjeng will join Erbil and LNWR Locomotive in Division 4 next season.

Comment

Delighted both Erbil and KRK won their playoffs. Bravo Janik for all your magnificent efforts with the reportage, thank-you so much as ever! Did Foxy make that offer of Fluff Museum tickets in a Sockford PR, by the way, or was that entirely your own invention...?

I particularly enjoyed the mangled mixed metaphor of "Twin Peaks woke up again, and put the game to bed", incidentally.

Comment

Entirely of his own invention and a massive Guzman to Janik for his epic reports. Sockford Emollient and indeed all of the Framchise teams salute you.

Comment

Whilst not even in the league I must echo Foxy’s praise.

Meanwhile a rare example of an academy providing what is needed, when it’s needed. A 17/4 goalie for KuneKune, a building block in the long road back to... something.

Noirs’ academy didn’t do badly with a 17/3 midfielder. I wanted 4 bars but the team is skint, and there is the small matter of Free Kicks. So I think he’ll stay.

Berkshire Swine - the less said the better. Total poverty means I can’t even do anything to fix it.

Comment

New season created already in the Xpert Zone, the guy does not hang around. As feared, the CR for Tobermory was garbage. We may have to go backwards to go forwards.

Meanwhile, struggling to recruit for the four vacancies remaining in MLX - does anyone know of VIP managers in other leagues that would make a good fit? The alternatives are to try and find four temporary managers or play for a season with only 7 teams per group in GLX.

Comment

The Hideous Towns academy has offered up an unprecedented three prospects in a week. Unfortunately, despite the club investing the maximum amount in youth development and being open to taking on players in any position, they have all been 19-year-old strikers and rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
                                  Meanwhile, struggling to recruit for the four vacancies remaining in MLX - does anyone know of VIP managers in other leagues that would make a good fit? The alternatives are to try and find four temporary managers or play for a season with only 7 teams per group in GLX.
                                  Well I've gone on record in the past advocating 4x7 in the GLX but I know some are quite anti. Clearly not ideal. Also Gary_C of Philadelphia Fury needs to renew his VIP.

If you go for stand-ins, remember X11 top five manager MyShady offers this service.

Comment

Reducing numbers is an option, but once you drop teams it is so much harder to replace them again. I only managed to get the numbers back up in the Heineken with a merger when I did it. Much better to recruit temporary managers and fill the posts after the season update.

Comment

Yes, if we can recruit temporary managers just to see us through the season transition that's ideal. Reducing numbers buggers up the Cup and the postseason tournaments, and like Sean says it can be hard to regain the lost ground. I'll keep trying to persuade people to join, no luck so far though!

Comment

New season created already in the Xpert Zone, the guy does not hang around. As feared, the CR for Tobermory was garbage. We may have to go backwards to go forwards.
                                        Do you want to challenge Tiree for either today or Tuesday, SdR? I think it's your turn to host the Glencairn Challenge game.

Otherwise, there's a challenge out for Foxy's Ghastly St Michael if you fancy a quick trip to the Hebrides this evening.

We had a middling CR, but despite having a thin squad after Cameron Plymouth's retirement we somehow have the second most valuable squad in the new-look top flight right now, valued at 90m econs. Alas we won't add much to that in tonight's update since last night the academy gave me a vaguely serviceable yet hardly valuable 17/3 Actor midfielder.
                                        Promoted side Riff City Tigers however are worth c.135m and must be hot favourites to instantly sweep to the title. Manager CrashedCar seems distressingly good at squad-building – his team Lemonworld have been strong contenders in the J4GL these past couple of seasons there.

Comment

Do you want to challenge Tiree for either today or Tuesday, SdR? I think it's your turn to host the Glencairn Challenge game.
                                          Challenge sent for tonight.

Comment

Ahh, Foxy must've accepted my Ghastly invitation in the meantime, as your challenge isn't there anymore! I saw earlier you're playing Sean's lot on Tuesday, if I remember rightly, so how's about next Saturday?

Comment

Just realised the Framchise have been my go-to resource for friendlies of late – Viking South Utsira are also playing Sockford Emollient this afternoon, and United Underground played Gaffney Globular on Wednesday. That's three of my leagues in their offseasons right now, a fourth (The Human League) is about to join them and a fifth (the Brythonnic) has only just restarted, so it's been a relatively stress-free time of late in X11.

On that note, when you think how for a long time the OTF and Heineken leagues ran more or less in perfect lockstep, you can see how the former changing to 10-team divisions has decoupled them quite emphatically in fairly short order. The OTF is already out of its close-season and a fortnight into Season 51, whereas the Heineken has only just passed the halfway mark in its Season 50.

Edit: Just remembered Sandringham Park are the support act at the title party this afternoon at Neufmanil. Many congratulations to Les Sangliers for wrapping up a maiden Human League trophy with a game to spare, and well done Sits on joining the small but perfectly-formed club of OTFers who've won their own leagues!
                                              Last edited by Various Artist; 29-09-2018, 15:20.

Comment

Ahh, Foxy must've accepted my Ghastly invitation in the meantime, as your challenge isn't there anymore! I saw earlier you're playing Sean's lot on Tuesday, if I remember rightly, so how's about next Saturday?
                                                Yes, a short hop to Volgograd. We'll be back in time for Saturday - no chance of us hanging around there for long.

Comment

Edit: Just remembered Sandringham Park are the support act at the title party this afternoon at Neufmanil. Many congratulations to Les Sangliers for wrapping up a maiden Human League trophy with a game to spare, and well done Sits on joining the small but perfectly-formed club of OTFers who've won their own leagues!
                                                  Thanks VA, it's a good feeling. Les S were quite a mess for a few seasons early on so it's nice to see them deliver at last. Acorns a plenty.

Comment

Yes, a short hop to Volgograd. We'll be back in time for Saturday - no chance of us hanging around there for long.
                                                    Are you not impressed with the Soviet era holiday camp that we've put you up in?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X