No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one - congrats to Etienne and Zmaj. Guzman!

Comment

We were particularly lucky that our moody midfielder Milicevic decided to have a good day. Skill 9, Match rating 14. It meant we didn't have a weak link in midfield. And our 15 skill greedy striker, Obrez, loved the win bonus and produced a 20 performance and both goals.

Comment

Just caught up with the game, adroitly avoiding any spoilers with a neat stepover on the results page. Huge congratulations Etienne, there only looked one winner in that final I thought, notwithstanding that you had to come from behind to take it. What a season Obrez has had – 16 goals, two in three minutes to win the final, finishing the game on 100 in total and bagging his best ever match rating after 15 seasons in harness for good measure. A first title for ZZ in 12 seasons surely sets an MLX record for longest interim between two championships, too, I should assume? Bravo indeed, you'd never have seen it coming after the regular season but that's the marvel of MLX isn't it.

Comment

On a completely different tack, is there anyone here with spare quota available who could do me a favour and take charge of a Brythonnic Premiership club temporarily for the next couple of days, by any chance? We've just had our CR and I'd like to get the new season drawn up ASAP before anyone has the chance to walk out, but in the last week I've had two managers auto-sacked – one I assume for insufficient quota, while the other has had his profile deleted altogether. Then another was sacked overnight, again presumably for quota violation, so that's three vacant sides right now. Hence any help in this area would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I could. Do I need to be a VIP?

Comment

Sounds like a job for a firefighter. Application for the Oort Cloud is in.

Comment

You need any more volunteers VA?

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                  Bravo indeed, you'd never have seen it coming after the regular season but that's the marvel of MLX isn't it.
                  I don't know, I thought we had a real chance at the title ever since we started the season well, with Cooper making the midfield competitive. We didn't have much depth, so we were always vulnerable to injury, but I thought our best XI was able to grab a draw with anyone, and we had a side designed to win penalty shootouts. Once we lost our first game against you, we were only playing for DV for the rest of the regular season (especially with two sixteen year olds in the squad) and waiting for the playoffs.

But we did get a huge amount of luck - against the Lizards they had a straight red after 30 minutes, and we got away with playing Pintaric before he was fully fit. Against the Quaffles they couldn't take advantage of a massive imbalance in chances. In both the semi and the final, the opposition lost key midfielders to injury.

Comment

IIRC, ZZ's first title win also came after an underwhelming regular season. Etienne must be the master of pacing a team so that it peaks at the right time.

Comment

My new franchise just played their first friendly, and VA may be interested in their kits.

Comment

Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post
                        I could. Do I need to be a VIP?
                        Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                        Sounds like a job for a firefighter. Application for the Oort Cloud is in.
                        Originally posted by Gawpus View Post
                        You need any more volunteers VA?
                        Brilliant, thanks for the responses all.

No, no VIP required MOF!

Gawpus, your help would be very welcome, thank-you.

Kev, sod's law says I've had a message from the (ex-)manager at the team you applied for, The Oort Cloud, saying he wants to take over again – I presume it was indeed a case of him not updating his quota in time. The game's blocking him because of your application being in, so I've just deleted yours for now and hopefully he'll be able to hop back in tonight. (This is something that annoys me, the 'first come first served' thing: I don't know why the game can't allow multiple applications for the same team, as in the official leagues, then let me choose the one I want to accept – but no, once one person applies no-one else can. Stupid system.)

There's still three vacancies, though, as some other sod has quit this evening. The other teams are thus Ninja Kittens, Lions FC, and Egypt Urban Club, so if you kind chaps want to jump in at those that would be terrific. I can kick you out again as soon as the new season is drawn up in the next day or two. (Though any and all are welcome to stay on, of course!)

Comment

Ah, that's good: the Oort Cloud's manager has found my message immediately and is back on board already. My apologies to Kev for the hassle there, and I hope you can grab one of the other sides!

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                            I don't know, I thought we had a real chance at the title ever since we started the season well, with Cooper making the midfield competitive. We didn't have much depth, so we were always vulnerable to injury, but I thought our best XI was able to grab a draw with anyone, and we had a side designed to win penalty shootouts. Once we lost our first game against you, we were only playing for DV for the rest of the regular season (especially with two sixteen year olds in the squad) and waiting for the playoffs.

But we did get a huge amount of luck - against the Lizards they had a straight red after 30 minutes, and we got away with playing Pintaric before he was fully fit. Against the Quaffles they couldn't take advantage of a massive imbalance in chances. In both the semi and the final, the opposition lost key midfielders to injury.
                            I apologise, Etienne – didn't mean to undersell ZZ's quality. Fair point about concentrating on DV. The perfect season, then, arguably, if you managed to do that successfully and then win the championship!
                            Originally posted by Hot Orange View Post
                            IIRC, ZZ's first title win also came after an underwhelming regular season. Etienne must be the master of pacing a team so that it peaks at the right time.
                            Something UU for one have never quite got the hang of. At least we're far from the worst offenders in that regard: Radomiak Radom Randoms and Quidditch Quaffles' lack of a league title between them, for example, remains quite remarkable. Etienne's opponents in the Grand Final on the other hand, Philadelphia Fury, are established masters of starting the season slowly but building to a peak – they almost outdid themselves this time by only scraping into the playoffs by one crucial goal on the last day of the regular season, then coming within an ace of winning the whole shebang.

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                            My new franchise just played their first friendly, and VA may be interested in their kits.
                            Hah, very nice Sits. You'll have to let the opposing manager know there's various Tube-themed kits in my catalogue to choose from, and matching away strips. I like the look of your new franchise, and it's a very good league by the looks of things; StefanBlanco is a good manager and league assistant in the J4GL and clearly a very able admin.

Comment

Understood VA, Ninja Kittens it is then.

Comment

Nice one Kev, you're in. Thanks a lot for the help mate.

Comment

We may need a bit of help in the Human League shortly.

Comment

Just shout if/when you need it Sits. VA - application in now.

Comment

Marvellous, you're in too. Thanks chief, just one more needed and then hopefully I can get things sorted promptly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gawpus View Post
                                        Just shout if/when you need it Sits. VA - application in now.
                                        Much appreciated.

Comment

No apologies needed VA. I hope that the parallels from last time ZZ won the league don't extend to the following season or we're bound for relegation.

Comment

Application in for Egypt Urban Club.

Comment

You're a gent MOF. Delighted to report that no bugger quit on me overnight and so between the three of you the Brythonnic Premiership was back up to a full complement of 110 managers this morning, hence since I'd got all my 'housekeeping' up to date last thing I was able to press Go on the new season just now. I can therefore kick the trio of super flying firefighters straight back out again if desired – can I just check that's your intent MOF, please, before I do anything over-hasty...?!

Comment

I'm going to post the Malouins DV purely because they're probably the best I've ever managed.

Code:
                                                Walangitan    35/12    6
                                                Hanley        23/10   16

Halliwell     31/15   12
                                                Buza          29/14   15
                                                Hemon         26/12   16
                                                Amouroux      22/10   16
                                                Tatarian      18/5    18
                                                Basso         18/4     3  - not used

Gineste       34/13    4  - retiring :(
                                                Bottelin      31/13   14
                                                Ullmann       29/13   17
                                                Borssen       27/14   18
                                                Chenu         25/13   16
                                                Gardie        23/10   17
                                                Sorlin        20/8    18

Mindao        28/14   17
                                                Marlot        25/11   17
                                                Watrin        21/8    15
                                                No doubt they will still produce an underwhelming number of jumps. The only minor disappointment is Watrin. I think he only just scraped a jump last time, so I expect he'll stay put this time.

It's time to bid a fond farewell to Oscar Gineste, a member of our starter squad 16 seasons and 288 appearances ago. In his brief contributions last season he showed he could still do a job, but we haven't managed to change his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                                  You're a gent MOF. Delighted to report that no bugger quit on me overnight and so between the three of you the Brythonnic Premiership was back up to a full complement of 110 managers this morning, hence since I'd got all my 'housekeeping' up to date last thing I was able to press Go on the new season just now. I can therefore kick the trio of super flying firefighters straight back out again if desired – can I just check that's your intent MOF, please, before I do anything over-hasty...?!
                                                  Yeah, I think managing Wensleydale Blues is enough for me at the moment. Please dispose of me in any way you see fit once you're up and running.

Comment

Oooh, OK then – since you put it like that we're going to put you in a giant catapult and twang you into a tree. Gawpus has already been dropped into the shark tank, while Kev was pressed inside a giant cheese and rolled down a hill. On fire.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X