No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a moody keeper once. Was quite happy. If he were greedy too, it would have been even better.

Comment

I have Nessa Braden as a goalkeeper in my Chapelizod Hornets team in the Human League. While I am quite happy with her performances, I also have now this season a younger goalkeeper as a backup. I use her when Nessa is on red arrows, just for the save side. And this season it worked quite well. But normally I like moody players, also in goal.

Comment

Cheers!

Miyuki Kurihawa* has been promoted to the first team squad, hopefully she'll be a long term replacement for the great Ellie Ingram who has decided to retire at the end of this season aged 39.

* all the Brentford teams get their youngsters from the Robert Rankin Youth Academy in Japan. Though mysteriously no-one seems to know exactly where in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by wiblflibl View Post
          all the Brentford teams get their youngsters from the Robert Rankin Youth Academy in Japan. Though mysteriously no-one seems to know exactly where in Japan.
          I hear lots of good things about the footballers from the Kansai region.

Comment

It's probably there.

Comment

Bewitched have got Andrew7610's Solent Sirens and three zombie teams in Div 6:42 of the Xpert Ladies. We are the youngest squad currently with an average age of 23. Squad status is "Crap".

Comment

Did the MLX always have games on Saturday and Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  Did the MLX always have games on Saturday and Sunday?
                  Nope. Friday was the cup game. SDR for a change and to keep us on our toes decided to change the days.

Actually he pressed the wrong button.

Comment

Demolition Dogs won in the MLX Cup! First time in three seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                      Kacey Rust at Kanjeng Ratu Kidul is a moody diva. These were her match performances at KRK last season as a 22/10 (*cup game):
                      15, 14, 9*, 14, 12, 11, 10*, 13, 14, 14, 13, 14, 9, 9
                      She kept 7 clean sheets in 14 games and had a save percentage of 72%
                      Can you check your players’ scores back through a number of games? How?

Or do you keep them in a little spreadsheet?

Comment

Hover over their name on the game report and it will give you their match rating. I can only do this on a computer, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                          Nope. Friday was the cup game. SDR for a change and to keep us on our toes decided to change the days.

Actually he pressed the wrong button.
                          Or did I*...?

* I did

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                            Hover over their name on the game report and it will give you their match rating. I can only do this on a computer, mind.
                            Or just look at the performance ratings graph on their individual player page, as I just did for my 29/14 Moody keeper Calder Thames at Tiree Automatic in the Xpert Zone. It's presently the most striking illustration of a Moody's peaks and troughs I can recall seeing, since his five appearances so far this season give an absurdly 'humpbacked' graph – his ratings go 10 18 18 19 10.

Thames, who I've had at the club since Feb 2015, has been my long-term experiment to see how a Moody goalie fares over his whole career. I bought him as an 18/5 for 595k – he's also Fragile, but a Hard Trainer, so I figured it was an interesting tradeoff. I always hoped that by the time he got good enough he would be able to shrug off the 'dips' since he'd still be operating at a decently high level even on his bad days, but the divergence between good and bad days this season been just bananas.

At least one of the 18s and the 19 were successive career-best performances, though, and all three saw him keep clean sheets and get into the Pro Zone B team of the round, doubling his career tally of Xpert XIs. Overall however he's on 67% saves, and across his whole career it's a pretty underwhelming 59% from 127 games with 43 clean sheets – although on the other hand we've been trying to punch well above our weight against a lot of much stronger teams for the last six or seven seasons, particularly the three we spent in the top flight. In the interests of fairness, too, I should mention that his non-moody understudy, 25/11 Lukas Heligoland, has a save percentage of 38% this season from 6 appearances, and didn't save a single shot in the first four of those. So skilled and moody is currently very much my best bet, it would appear. (And, despite our atrocious goalkeeping, we're still 2nd in the table at halfway, incidentally.)

Comment

It’s starting to dawn on me my work:life:X11 balance isn’t quite right. I love ce the game but I can’t keep up 9 or 10 teams like this. I set tactics in my evening as games are overnight and sometimes there are three or four and it becomes a chore. So I’m thinking of trimming to “mates’ leagues” only which would stop U23 Prem (quitting anyway) Combo League and regrettably J4GL.

Xpert Zone is a bridge too far with Noirs’ history and I’m not sure about the pro league yet. I’ll probably stop at seven and see how that goes; it also conveniently means I won’t be paying VIP fees any longer.

Comment

Which means I will owe VA a profuse apology for those lovely Warthogs kits. Along with the Tamworth ones. Won’t ask for any more...

Comment

Well that was a bloody awful set of results today.

Comment

Seconded. Now bankrupted by red arrows. The Swine’s honeymoon is over.

Comment

Bloody hell, hold your horses everyone: this isn't much immediate help with anything, but there's an actual communication from X11's actual owners, actually posted this evening on the Xpert Daily. Incredible.

Invitation to Q&A livestream Nov 30
                                      On November 30, 17.30 CET we will put on a livestream (yes, you’ll actually be able to see us) and tell you more about what’s happened over the last few years, as well as answering your questions. This is actually the first time we do this and we figured it might be the best way to really invite you backstage and explain what we’ve done, why we’ve done it and where we are now. One of the major mistakes during these years have obviously been the non-existing communication. I’ve addressed this before and yet here we are again.

I’m not inviting you to this livestream trying to convince you that it’s going to change from now on. I want to invite you all to get the story you never got. What happened and why.

We will ask you to submit some questions before the stream, but you’ll also be able to ask some on the fly.

Pelin
                                      Team X11
                                      Have just publicised this in official PRs in both The Human League and Major League X11, in my assistant's capacity, so I hope Sits and SdR respectively don't mind, as I thought everyone should be made aware that there's at least a small possibility of something happening.

Comment

I appreciate that VA very much.

Will anyone be tuning in? I think at 4.30am it might be a struggle for me but I’ll probably put a question or two beforehand.

Comment

Quite remarkable, Trevor!

Hmmm, 5:30 CET is what, 4:30 in the UK? I might be able to surreptitiously tune in at work, if I can keep my schedule free of meetings.

If I had to guess, this is either going to be announcing either the site's closure or another VIP cash-grab. I won't be holding my breath for anything positive.

Comment

Oh, actually 3.30am here. Still won't be tuning in.

Comment

The regular platypus v pig face-off in the MLX did not go well for Kakanui KuneKune. Bottom of of the table; and to think I entertained a faint glimmer of hope this season.

Comment

Two games last night. Holkham Forest were 1-0 down from early on against Hammerpot WFC but pinched a lucky point in the 92nd minute. Corsaires Malouins were 1-0 down from early on against VVV but had a chance to pinch a lucky point when awarded a penalty in the 93rd minute. It was then that I discovered that your nominated penalty taker doesn't take penalties if he's come on as sub. Instead, a bloke who hasn't scored for four seasons grabs the ball and scuffs it against the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                                  The regular platypus v pig face-off in the MLX did not go well for Kakanui KuneKune. Bottom of of the table; and to think I entertained a faint glimmer of hope this season.
                                                  I was quite surprised at that result. Pleasantly so, of course, but yeah.

Comment

It's a trip into uncharted waters for Viking North Utsire today – in a couple of hours' time we compete in the 8th round of the Ultimate League Cup, the first time ever the club has made it to the last 16.

We take on Bangor Gallacticos, with whom we tangled once in the league half a dozen seasons ago, in Division 4g. We took 4 points from our two meetings that season, but they finished a place ahead of us in 2nd and were promoted. Now though they are back in Division 4 and struggling at the bottom of their division, yet have matched their best ever cup run at the same time – including knocking out Etienne's Cardiff Dragons in the 5th round and another divisionmate of ours in Hibees Redskins in the last round. We have a slightly stronger side on paper however so it's a great opportunity to get into the quarter-finals.

Then on Monday it's us against the Dragons in a game that could have repercussions for both of us in an extremely competitive Division 2b. With four games to go there's only 5 points between the Dragons in 7th and the Redskins in 2nd, with us in 3rd on goal difference – four points away from both the top of the table and the relegation line, with three of our remaining fixtures on the road.
                                                    Last edited by Various Artist; 24-11-2017, 12:54.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X