Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations Sean.

Comment

Just watched my game. Sigh. We came so close to pulling it off.

Well done Sean – the great inevitability of OTF League life is that Dandy Town will always find their way back to the mountain peak: any seasons in which they don't win the title are only temporary setbacks. Truly the Highwaymen are the Manchester United (Premier League era) of OTF. To continue the analogy, I think you've even knocked the Dragons off their fucking perch now, isn't that right?

What an absorbing relegation battle it was, meanwhile. Very hard luck SdR, I'm certain you'll have Hornville back in no time.

Clive, please come back and save Strathcarnage! They've not been so lucky as Bene Gesserit, who've been fortunate to acquire a new manager who's respected their identity and the squad-building you did, and got the same group of players firing so far this Human League season to have them top of Division 2 at halfway.

Comment

Yeah. At least Amwythig should be back to try and clamber back on our perch.

Comment

And of course Bene Gesserit haven't yet won the division. Just wishful thinking on my behalf that the Human League season would finish now.

Comment

Yes, I was trying to correct your assertion as such very gently there Etienne...

Comment

I wondered what had happened to this thread. It took while before I realised it had been moved to the new Games forum and not been deleted by accident by the thread starter.

Comment

It still hasn't been merged with its other 800 pages, though, which continue to occupy a separate thread under the 'X11 season 44' title.

Comment

Congrats to all the league winners: Sean, Etienne, Auntie B and Livinastro. Is there one of them there training days scheduled yet, or does it depend on recruitment?

Comment

Berkshire Swine pre-CR. Regardless of the outcome, there will be some wheeler-dealing from an impatient board:

G van Rijswijck 22/10 > 18
                    D Tronšursvik 32/12 > 11
                    D El Koli 27/12 > 16
                    D Hunter 23/11 > 15
                    D Tellqvist 20/7 > 17
                    D Krusšam 19/6 > 17
                    M Hardings 38/10 > 4
                    M Kapusuz 31/12 > 13
                    M Costa 29/13 > 16
                    M Purperhart 27/12 > 13
                    M McDougald 23/10 > 15
                    M Newton 20/7 > 16
                    M Anleitner 19/6 > 16
                    F Seegers 20/8 > 16
                    F Nooy 19/6 > 16

Purperhart the big disappointment; has played every game but his form has been all over the place. But if he stays on 12 skill he's not exactly letting the side down.
                    Last edited by Sits; 12-08-2017, 04:10. Reason: Check out those Faroese letter šs

Comment

Gawpus, training day is either one day or two days before the last match, so you've missed it. The Change Report happens regardless of when the new season is created.

Comment

Sorry Gawpus I missed that question. I reckon you can still do a late training day, if you set them going ahead of the CR.

Comment

Being early for the training day is a problem (in terms of wasted econs). Being late is not really.

Comment

Thanks all, you think I'd know this by now. Late training it is then...

Comment

If anyone is interested in joining the MLX, we have vacancies to fill before the new season starts. (VIP required)

http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=361711

Comment

My friendly opponent in the X11 Ladies today selected cheating and offered his players a win bonus. At least he didn't man-mark anyone! Cozy Ladies still won despite that. So nerrr to him.

Comment

I do both of those routinely - though I never man mark. I didn't realise either were considered dodgy.

Comment

I do too but if I don't know the other manager (and if I remember) I send them a note first. This also prevents them man-marking you which happens.

Comment

I'm with the others on this too Janik – I hope none of my tactics offended you when we played our friendly on Tuesday! I follow the broad consensus within the game that man-marking is a bit below the belt but any other tactics are fair game, but like Sits I try to check on what etiquette the other manager prefers if I don't know them.

Comment

It's a sad day at Vita Mortis, as club legend Jarvis Rowson is retiring tonight:

...Well, I say "retiring", but I'll actually sack him (at 36/12) before the CR to preserve his face in the Greatest XI for at least a while. This will leave only one true Mortis Original from my starter squad from December 2013, fellow midfielder Seymour Buckley, along with Gregor Crompton who appeared from the youth academy four days into my tenure.

Rowson departs with the strange distinction of not having featured in a winning side in his final season despite our almost winning the league again: he played in the first two games (lost to Hideous, drew against the Kneebiters) then not again until the final day when we drew with Hideous. He does however leave with a stack of club records to his name – not all of them strictly desirable ones admittedly, but still:
                                        • 284 games (4th on Mortis all-time list)
                                        • 123 points (1st, by 25 points)
                                        • 64 goals (1st, by 15)
                                        • 59 assists (1st, by 8)
                                        • 66 yellow cards (1st, by 40[!!])
                                        • 5 red cards (1st, by 2)
                                        • 8 Xpert XI appearances (10th)

Farewell then Jarvis, we'll not see your like again, one way or the other.

And here's the final Vita Mortis DVs for Season 45. Superb for Greenwood, less so for everyone else:

Comment

Adieu Jarvis.

Swine CR:

G van Rijswijck 22/10 > 18 > 28/12 +2
                                          D Tronšursvik 32/12 > 11 > 33/12 -
                                          D El Koli 27/12 > 16 > 28/13 +1
                                          D Hunter 23/11 > 15 > 24/12 +1
                                          D Tellqvist 20/7 > 17 > 21/8 +1
                                          D Krusšam 19/6 > 17 > 20/8+2
                                          M Hardings 38/10 > 4 > 39/8 -2 RETIRING
                                          M Kapusuz 31/12 > 13 > 32/12 -
                                          M Costa 29/13 > 16 > 30/13 -
                                          M Purperhart 27/12 > 13 > 28/13 +1
                                          M McDougald 23/10 > 15 > 24/11 +1
                                          M Newton 20/7 > 16 > 21/8 +1
                                          M Anleitner 19/6 > 16 > 20/7 +1
                                          F Seegers 20/8 > 16 > 21/9 +1
                                          F Nooy 19/6 > 16 > 20/7 +1

2x +2
                                          9x +1
                                          1x -2
                                          3x -

Happy with that. Purperhart a bullet dodge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                            G van Rijswijck 22/10 > 18 > 28/12 +2
                                            Blimey Sits, he might have double-jumped but he's paid a terrible price for it.

Comment

Friendly accepted Bill, you've got tactics to set for tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                                                Blimey Sits, he might have double-jumped but he's paid a terrible price for it.
                                                Ooh he did didn't he? 23/12 would've been so much more impressive. Ageing five years overnight is no mean feat mind.

Comment

VA, they're looking for you on the resurrected Squad Numbers thread.

Comment

Ooh he did didn't he? 23/12 would've been so much more impressive. Ageing five years overnight is no mean feat mind.
                                                    Six

VA, they're looking for you on the resurrected Squad Numbers thread.
                                                    Why? What'd I do??

Comment

Working...
                                                    X