X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SouthdownRebel View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm fine. As Etienne surmises, my enthusiasm for the game has completely dissipated of late and doesn't feel like it's coming back. A busy workload isn't helping but, ultimately, the game is being allowed to die by its owners and because of that it's getting harder to enjoy.

I've decided to bow out permanently, with my apologies to those of you running leagues that I'm a member of. I also need to hand off MLX to someone willing to step in - ideally somebody here. Please shout if you want it, if not I'll open it up to the rest of the league at the weekend.
    Sorry to hear that SdR. I've enjoyed our battles (such as they were), and hope you thrive without X11.....nothing worse than feeling you have to do something you're no longer enjoying... Hope you'll still post on OTF of course....

Comment

Really sorry to hear this SDR but not overly surprised as the game is dying on its arse. Hope you'll still pop in on here or else see you on the mundane thread.

Comment

Sorry to hear that, SDR, you'll be missed. Completely understandable, though. I guess I still enjoy playing the game and I don't spend a lot of time on it these days, but if there was an easy way out - say if the game died, or all OTFers quit at once - I'd be happy to take it.

Meanwhile, congrats to Etienne on another title!

Comment

Sorry to hear that SdR but totally understandable.

Comment

Thanks SDR for all the hard work and the memories. See you on OTF.

Comment

Thanks all, I'll certainly be loitering menacingly on OTF as always.

Comment

Quick question... is it ever acceptable to mark the opposition's goalie? Just asking for a friend, like...

Comment

I think you could expect to be frowned upon, but not ostracised.

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                    Quick question... is it ever acceptable to mark the opposition's goalie? Just asking for a friend, like...
                    [checks if any of your teams is about to take on any of mine...]

Yes, perfectly acceptable. Bit of a dick move, but that's football.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                      My official league team is through to the QFs of the Master League Cup! Whoop. It's all getting pretty serious now, though. It's almost like all the bad luck and poor performances in previous seasons (I've never taken them past R4 before despite reaching Division 1 in league play) are all being balanced out in one go. Our victims in the last 16 were the no.2 seed, i.e. last season's runner-up, Underdogs FC. They are a sometime Champions League team because of their Cup achievements.
                      Beaten after extra-time.

Comment

But Banik got the 4-0 result they needed in the OTF League. Except, well, it was meant to be 4-0 to us, not against us...

Comment

Relegated. Bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                            [checks if any of your teams is about to take on any of mine...]

Yes, perfectly acceptable. Bit of a dick move, but that's football.
                            Hehe, no it's one of my 'official' teams. One of our upcoming opponents* had a 'last line-up' which featured a goalie with a rating of 21 while the highest outfield player was 15....
                            *who claims to be a Rangers fan....
                            Last edited by jdsx; 15-11-2018, 22:33.

Comment

Many congrats to the division winners/promoted teams*, especially Etienne, of course, and commiserations to the demoted/relegated...

PS Is it time someone updated the 'Honour Roll'...?

*promoted pending re-organisation obvs

Comment

Originally posted by jdsx View Post
                                Hehe, no it's one of my 'official' teams. One of our upcoming opponents* had a 'last line-up' which featured a goalie with a rating of 21 while the highest outfield player was 15....
                                *who claims to be a Rangers fan....
                                Yeah, I've marked a goalie in a similar scenario. No idea whether there was a Rangers supporter involved, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                  Beaten after extra-time.
                                  Unlucky, getting to the QFs is still some major achievement. Is that the best result for an OTFer in an official league?

Comment

What's the latest with the admin situation in the MLX? I presume some behind closed doors negotiations are taking place with multiple resignations to follow.

If no OTFer wants to take it on and we want the MLX to stay with an OTFer I would be prepared to do it although I don't want to be known as the admin that killed the MLX.

Comment

I've reached the semi final in an official Cup. I think that VA (wherever he is) has done similarly too.

Comment

Didn't Bill's Islay Inebriates have a glory run to the Golden League cup final a few seasons ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                          What's the latest with the admin situation in the MLX? I presume some behind closed doors negotiations are taking place with multiple resignations to follow.

If no OTFer wants to take it on and we want the MLX to stay with an OTFer I would be prepared to do it although I don't want to be known as the admin that killed the MLX.
                                          No negotiations are happening Antep, so far as I know you're the first express an interest. If that's a genuine offer I'd be happy to hand over the position? Like any good leader, you'd be free to spend the next four years blaming your predecessor for any issues.

Comment

Well remembered, Sits. Season 39. Go on Antepli!

Comment

No expectations if you do it Antep, just thanks. And to SDR for what must have been a slog.

Comment

I'm really an if nobody else wants it kind of guy here. Surely somebody else wants to take it on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
                                                  Didn't Bill's Islay Inebriates have a glory run to the Golden League cup final a few seasons ago?
                                                  I'd completely forgotten that. An amazing achievement that and apologies for forgetting.

Comment

How did everyone's change report go in OTF? After pipping ad hoc to the title mine was disappointing, the cavalier very offensive tactic does not help the defence at all. I've got no chance of staying up next season either, I'm debating whether to sell and rebuild again.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X