Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Teams
    Reading
    Biscuit
    Chocolate Butternut Snap
    Someone wants to trade for the number you selected two years ago. Or something, I got a bit confused.

Sits, how do you explain first one relegation, then two concecutive promotions for Berkshire in three seasons? What was the magic trick?

All the World is birthday cake
    Teams
    Ajax, BVB
    Quote Originally Posted by Various Artist View Post
    Six
    The sixth was that double jump Sits was referring to.

There's really no such thing as a bad Jaffa Cake
    Teams
    Norwich City
    Biscuit
    Dark choc Hobnob
    Mortis took on 23/12 Van Rijswijck and his Swine colleagues today in our first preseason friendly, emerging from the Tolsma with a 3-1 win despite a late Devon Newton bicycle kick consolation.

Alas the Oraanje were not in orange as Sits is (as customary with many of his teams) using their change strip for preseason, which was a little disappointing as our new Dutch academy product was making his debut in midfield. Nigel Paard is the only person in the Mortis squad without a single SQ or HQ to his name, but makes up for that by being only our second ever 17/5 arrival, which was an amazingly nice surprise this morning.
    Remarkably enough the first, free-kicking defender Harald Gunnleifsson, was sold (for a longstanding club record 5.7m econs) exactly three years ago today. I felt he'd arrived too late in the season (my third in charge, I think) to develop and so went for the easy cash a decision I've always slightly regretted as he obviously could've been something special, not to mention his name would've looked great alongside Arnor Gunnlaugsson's. Nowadays, knowing the game better, I think I'd probably have risked throwing him in for all the minutes remaining and given it a go.

Teams
    Reading
    Biscuit
    Chocolate Butternut Snap
    Quote Originally Posted by Belhaven View Post
    Sits, how do you explain first one relegation, then two concecutive promotions for Berkshire in three seasons? What was the magic trick?
    I wish it was two promotions but this one looks highly unlikely. Basically the Swine were stuck in the second tier, gradually ageing, deteriorating and wasting all our money training doomed players. So I had a sell-off and started again, gradually adding 17 year olds until a new conveyor belt grew.

The first were Hunter and McDougald, both now 24, followed by Van Rijswijk a season later. So it's taken ages and there's still a generation gap.

All the World is birthday cake
    Teams
    Ajax, BVB
    Quote Originally Posted by Various Artist View Post
    Nigel Paard is the only person in the Mortis squad without a single SQ or HQ to his name,
    Translating his last name gives you Nigel Horse. I am disappointed that he doesn't have the stamina SQ.

Teams
    Partick Thistle, Scotland, Leeds United
    Biscuit
    Choc Digestive (milk)
    Actor
    Ben Kingsley
    That's some interesting new signings for the Swine, Sits... they look a bit below your usual 'path' though....(winky thing)

Teams
    Reading
    Biscuit
    Chocolate Butternut Snap
    Ah they're just stop-gaps so I can sell those players earmarked for the Exit door. Have to sell to buy. Poor saps are for the chop inside a week.

Teams
    Partick Thistle, Scotland, Leeds United
    Biscuit
    Choc Digestive (milk)
    Actor
    Ben Kingsley
    Ah - thought you'd found some seriously tempting HQs for farming!!