X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would your team rely on your offensive play to outscore the goals let in by your increasingly ageing and injury prone

There's a Dulwich Hamlets kit currently on the Design for Strife kits thread which could be from the House of Android. The left hand one with different colour sleeves and a sash.

When real teams mimic you, you've hit the big time.

Comment

I appear not to have been in this thread for about ten days – just been catching up, and startled to find that Foxy's had to quit. Gutted. Had an otherwise mystifying message in the Brythonnic Premiership just now announcing he's been "sacked by Nyth Wobbegong", which this explains. Damn sorry to see you go NMR mate, and apologies for being several days behind the curve in discovering it. Hope you can come back again when things settle down.

In the meantime, I seem to have one team free in the Brythonnic all of a sudden. SdR, I believe our 'first reserve' spot currently belongs to you, so this means that you have first refusal on Nyth Wobbegong. I'd be delighted to have you on board if you still want to join? Their current match is taking place right this minute, but you could be in situ well ahead of their next fixture on Tuesday.

Comment

I got the same message for Hazeldean Inchmistress. He was "sacked" (not by me) but had not logged on for 13 days according to his team page.

Comment

He's closed his account, hence why he has been sacked in each league.

Comment

Oh dammit, that is a shame.

Just read the entire Design For Strife thread thanks to your previous comment, thanks Sits. I like to think I'd have done a classier job of the Dulwich Hamlets kits, but I can see what you're talking about...

Comment

On a brighter note, set against losing one of our best-loved managers from the game, I only discovered last night from happening to click on Geejaytee's in-game profile that he's been managing in the Heineken League for the last year or so, as well as at Pinewood Passers and Hollywood Hoofers. The name of Elstree Eagles in HLC14 should really have been a giveaway considering the pattern (and he really ought to join MLX, considering), but I'd never put two and two together before. It's possible no-one else had either, as Royal Atlantis became their first supporters yesterday.

That division's leaders are on a 20-0-0 record for the current season, incidentally. One to watch, surely, as I don't believe I've ever witnessed a Heineken side (or any private-leagues team, possibly) pull off a perfect season.

Comment

ad hoc wrote: Heineken league watchers will be pleased to note that Wouter and I are still climbing through the divisions having both secured promotion from Div 4 this time out. (He'll win the title)
                So, about that bit between parentheses...

Comment

Good spot VA. gjt100, next time you're lurking - you've been fanned.

And yes VA, for a start your sash would've gone all the way to the waistband.

Comment

Wouter D wrote:
                    Originally posted by ad hoc
                    Heineken league watchers will be pleased to note that Wouter and I are still climbing through the divisions having both secured promotion from Div 4 this time out. (He'll win the title)
                    So, about that bit between parentheses...
                    #blatantmindgames

Comment

I still think it's true

Comment

Various Artist wrote: In the meantime, I seem to have one team free in the Brythonnic all of a sudden. SdR, I believe our 'first reserve' spot currently belongs to you, so this means that you have first refusal on Nyth Wobbegong. I'd be delighted to have you on board if you still want to join? Their current match is taking place right this minute, but you could be in situ well ahead of their next fixture on Tuesday.
                        I'm guessing another manager has applied - while the team page still shows Foxy (sacked), I can't actually apply for it.

Various Artist wrote: On a brighter note, set against losing one of our best-loved managers from the game, I only discovered last night from happening to click on Geejaytee's in-game profile that he's been managing in the Heineken League for the last year or so, as well as at Pinewood Passers and Hollywood Hoofers. The name of Elstree Eagles in HLC14 should really have been a giveaway considering the pattern (and he really ought to join MLX, considering), but I'd never put two and two together before. It's possible no-one else had either, as Royal Atlantis became their first supporters yesterday.
                        Well, we have a vacancy in MLX if he wants to apply to take over Foxy's old team...

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote:
                          Originally posted by Various Artist
                          In the meantime, I seem to have one team free in the Brythonnic all of a sudden. SdR, I believe our 'first reserve' spot currently belongs to you, so this means that you have first refusal on Nyth Wobbegong. I'd be delighted to have you on board if you still want to join? Their current match is taking place right this minute, but you could be in situ well ahead of their next fixture on Tuesday.
                          I'm guessing another manager has applied - while the team page still shows Foxy (sacked), I can't actually apply for it.
                          So, I'm in. For some reason I had to restore the home kit which was the standard X11 pink - VA, can you recall if there was a badge?

Comment

Ah yes, the home kit automatically resets when the manager changes, though for some reason the away one doesn't. The badge is on my Tinypic uploads somewhere, let me see if I can find the link again...

Comment

Aha!

Comment

Excellent, thanks - it's now been lovingly restored

Comment

Various Artist wrote: Oh dammit, that is a shame.

Just read the entire Design For Strife thread thanks to your previous comment, thanks Sits. I like to think I'd have done a classier job of the Dulwich Hamlets kits, but I can see what you're talking about...
                                  Ha, you've just offended VA, Sits.

Comment

Over in the Heineken, Framley Imaginaire have a new manager, who has gone with the rather unimaginaired Reading Town as the team's name. For those who are interested and sufficiently well financed it is training day as of now.
                                    In the MLX PuPi continue to surprise their manager by reaching the Kevchenko Cup final with a 3-1 win over Pleepleus Pretzels, though it took a sending off in extra time before we really took hold of the game, despite being the stronger side. I don't fancy our chances in the final against Velours Vandals Vatican, though. That defence looks awesome.

Comment

ad hoc wrote: I still think it's true
                                      Colour me surprised

Comment

ad hoc wrote:
                                        Originally posted by ad hoc
                                        I still think it's true
                                        Colour me surprised
                                        Not me though. We needed to play the youngsters for DV once promotion was secured, and our last six matches were versus the rest of the top seven.

Comment

Winning HLC3 was a surprise TBH, loking at his result I reckon VA didn't press Save on his tactics.

Edit: or was playing for DV.

Comment

Anyway here are the Old Spots' DVs. Meh, apart from the goalie:

Comment

Hambledon Legacy. Happy enough, though a shame about Verity who suffered multiple injuries. Hammond and Jackson could have been better.

Comment

The OTF relegation battle is shaping up to be quite the nerve-shredder after yesterday's fixtures. With Les Incoherents falling to a late free kick from Tonder BK's Larry Flack and Hideous Towns failing to make inroads against an injury- and suspension-depleted Kneebiters side, Eriskay Expression and Steaua Bridge were able to move within a point of their rivals. Champions Expression saw off the managerless Mystics with a flurry of second-half goals, while there was huge drama at the Steaua Memorial Ground as Florian Norbert floated in a 93rd-minute free kick to see off Banik Roystonov. Scenes.

Tonder BK 1 (Flack 74) Les Incoherents 0
                                                Hideous Towns 1 (Abad 31) Nieuwegein Kneebiters 1 (Bogdanovici og 27)
                                                New England Mystics 0 Eriskay Expression 4 (Bochmann 50, 73, Wilson 77, Shields 90+1)
                                                Steaua Bridge 1 (Norbert 90+3) Banik Roystonov 0

7. Les Incos 20 (-3)
                                                8. Hideous 20 (-6)
                                                9. Eriskay 19 (-6)
                                                -------------------------
                                                10. Steaua 19 (-8)

On Thursday, Steaua and Les Incos will be expected to pick up maximum points - and perhaps also boost their goal difference - at home to the already relegated Mystics and Belvedere Renyta, while tougher fixtures await Hideous and Eriskay.

AFC Csiki Monkeys v Hideous Towns
                                                Steaua Bridge v New England Mystics
                                                Eriskay Expression v Dandy Town
                                                Les Incoherents v Belvedere Renyta

The big game next Monday sees Eriskay take on Les Incos. Steaua have the toughest task away at a Dandy Town side who may still be in the title hunt. Hideous Towns will be hoping that mid-table Banik Roystonov are already on their hols.

Dandy Town v Steaua Bridge
                                                Eriskay Expression v Les Incoherents
                                                Hideous Towns v Banik Roystonov

In the final round of fixtures, Hideous Towns have the gimme home game against the Mystics, while Eriskay travel to face the other doomed side, Belevedere. Meanwhile, Les Incos entertain Steaua in what could be a loser-loses-all Thrilling Thursday humdinger showdown.

Les Incoherents v Steaua Bridge
                                                Belvedere Renyta v Eriskay Expression
                                                Hideous Towns v New England Mystics

Having run the fixtures through my prediction-o-meter, I have it being decided on a goal difference of 1. I'm not saying who's left the wrong side of the line.

Comment

Many thanks to Hot Orange for not only laying out the very interesting relegation battle run-in, but also confirming that Nieuwegein Kneebiters really only have dead rubbers to play in the rest of the season. DV o'clock it is, then.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X