No announcement yet.

X11 season 45 - de rigueur Mortis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could we sneak a recruitment thread into 'Football' do you think? or are we relegated to 'Games' forever?

Comment

No need to do an OTF recruitment thread this season. I don't think we could do an MLX recruitment thread here as it is VIP only, so not likely to appeal to people who've not played before.

Comment

If we’re feeling really cruel we could run a dedicated Kevchenko recruitment thread, in the same way one might waft a pint of Best under the nose of a recovering alcoholic.

Comment

He knows he's welcome back any time.

Comment

Thanks guys. Flattered as always, but it's just not feasible.

Comment

At the moment Kevchenko, at the moment.

Your dressing gown is always welcome.

Comment

Is that a VA Sports bespoke branded dressing gown?

Comment

Originally posted by Belhaven View Post
                  Since this thread was moved to the games forum I have tended to forget about it. So, a belated congrats to Sits, that was a great achievement.
                  Never too late to be welcome. Thanks and keep dropping in.

Comment

Mixed CR for Zalec Zmaj. Two 34 year olds retiring while my oldest two soldier on. Not many jumps. But 4 double jumps. Finance dictates cashing in on one of them but should be able to keep the others.

Comment

No DJs for AA-S but we got all but one of our younger players with a skill bar increase so not too bad. There's enough cash in the bank that I could build a promotion team now, but I'm tempted to let the current team mature for another season or two in the hopes that we get back up to the top flight without having to spend.

Comment

Decent CR at PuPi with most players jumping and striker Mochtar Novita doubling. Having managed to get nearly 11m econ for Ramalie Luk just before the transfer deadline for the first season ever we are going into next season with a decent cash surplus and no need for a new youth either. Might have a sniff in the transfer market for a midfielder if there is a bargain out there, but otherwise will keep things pretty much as they are.

Comment

Solid for KuneKune as well, 9 jumps and a double. One old midfielder retired so I've a bid in for a 17yo replacement. Trouble is the new conveyor is now pretty much complete, but nowhere near strong enough for the new MLX. So I'll just have to wait and hope that as the younger players on a better skill path come through, we can be competitive again.

Meanwhile the Swine have replaced a 14 skill and a 9 skill with two 17/4s. So that will work out well then.

And finally, an enjoyable Rip It Up And Start Again process now on at the reclaimed Nakuru Warthogs in the J4GL. Four players out for about 10m, now looking for a crop of youngsters and a veteran to start a slow rebuild. Looking forward to it, however long it takes.

Comment

Solid CR for the Chasers as well, 11 jumps and of course my best midfielder is retiring. And It really messed it up. Instead of buying a midfielder to replace Anatoli Budenny, who retired, I bought an expansive young striker, spent all the money and are now in negative figures. Well done me...

Tonder BK in the OTF got now a rebuilding plan and a rebuilding squad. I guess it will take some time until we are getting back to the top flight. Actually, we would be quite happy not to get relegated.

As Chapelizod Hornet was not fit for The Human League, I decided also to do the radical rebuilding but mid-season. We have around 28 million econ, got some youngsters, more or less talented and with a bit of luck and a lot of training I can use some of them for the new team. I will get some more experienced players as well. As much I would like to win some silverware I really enjoy the rebuilding of teams. Not always successful, but I hope I am getting there.

Comment

When do you think the MLX will be up and running SDR?

My change report was good for the youngsters, I got three double jumpers and put one onto the transfer list. Would have been two but my academy gave me nothing.

Comment

I’ve got one vacancy to fill and then I’ll create the new season, so hopefully not too long

Comment

Batsignal for Hot Orange: IKK have accepted your friendly request, which has been scheduled for 100 minutes from now. I hope you still read this in time to set tactics etcetera.

Comment

Thanks, Wouter. I'd set my default tactics just in case you were able to accept my short-notice request. Maybe I should rely on them more often.

Comment

Anyone heard from Pebble? Last on X11 on the 12th.

Comment

Last post on here was 10th. SO doesn't look like an Xpert XI only hiatus

Comment

Etienne please can you end the current OTF season?

Comment

During the close season Zeugmaspor and the Swine contested a 6-goal friendly and I made a supposedly ironic comment about the teams' "free-scoring" styles. Who'd have thought it? At least the Swine kept the faith, 0-0.

Comment

Can you restart it please as some dumbfuck managers totally forgot the start of the new season and forgot to set tactics

Comment

I'd say the first Turd Division top flight season is likely to be an educational one.

Comment

Originally posted by Auntie Beryl View Post
                                                  I'd say the first Turd Division top flight season is likely to be an educational one.
                                                  Don't sweat it. The first time the Kneebiters ever reached those lofty heights, in Season 24, we finished dead last. Our record was played 14, won 1, drew 2, lost 11, goals scored 15, goals conceded 49, goal difference -34, points 5.

An educational first top flight season would be far from unprecedented.

Comment

The final original squad member of Iko Ka Kansai is about to leave the club. Tomoki Sugiyama was an 18/5 forward when the squad was generated, and by a country mile the only player of the original team that I would want to have in any of my other teams. 256 games and 97 X11 appearances later, he's now a 32/14 who holds the only forward position in our Greatest 11. Tomorrow at 11.00 CET he will be sold to another club, since at 32 he is still worth quite some cash. It marks the definitive end of the first golden era of the club.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X