No announcement yet.

Keeping Mino Raiola above the breadline - 2017 summer transfer window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matic from Chelsea to Man Utd for £40m, it seems.

Even with a second season of TV money, the numbers being bandied about by the others in the division seem terrifying.

Comment

Really. Hope we start signing new players fairly soon.

Have we done Roarie Deacon from Sutton United to Dundee? Not a big payday for Mino, that one.

Comment

Bugger, I'd hoped Wimbledon might sign Deacon.

Comment

What does Matic do? Sit about, break up play, master of the 1 yard pass?

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
            With a very occasional screamer.

Comment

Ginnelly back to Lincoln on a season long loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                Persistent rumour that we're about to sign Josh Scowen from Barnsley. Whether we need another midfielder is questionable. Defenders and strikers should be top of our want list.
                Confirmed.

Comment

Now Bertrand Traore has joined Lyon. Another one gone! I thought we were supposed to be building the squad up for an assault on the Champions League - it's getting thinner by the day.

Really like Traore too - lovely lad. That's two strikers sold, one on his way and one on loan! I think that leaves us with just Michy Batshuayi, unless we're bringing Loic Remy back!

Comment

Sirigu is Torino's new number one, so will Hart fight for his City place, or go on loan again?

Comment

He's pretty much said he's off in stories like this one, no?
                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-06-2017, 16:22.

Comment

Billy Knott joins Lincoln on a one year deal, having been released by Gillingham, and spending time on loan at SB last season. Hope we get to see the best of him, think he could be an outstanding player for us.

Comment

Willy Caballero signs for Chelsea on a free.

We're on the board!

Comment

This seems to have disappeared under the radar, England U19 Chris Willock leaves Arsenal for Benfica. Not a big name move but it would be good if this was the start if a trend rather than a one off.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                              He was a deep lying play maker at Benfica and got loads of assists. His left-foot produces some of the finest long passes I've seen on a football pitch. The downside of Matic at Benfica was that he's bloody useless at protecting the back 4 when he's concentrating more on being creative. Benfica never kept a clean sheet when Matic started, on the other hand, they scored goals for fun.

Comment

A couple of unconfirmed moves to and from Turf Moor. Leeds defender Charlie Taylor coming in, George Boyd heading out of the door and running all the way to Sheff Wed.

Comment

The Boyd deal is expected to be confirmed tomorrow. What we need is pace and creativity in our midfield, a search of Boyd on OTF suggests he is going to provide neither. Still it'll be nice to actually sign someone at last.

Comment

Er, no.

You have got a guy who runs a lot. And has nice hair, according to my niece.

I appreciate that he did a job (most of the time) but I was never a fan. I don't care if he runs 8 miles a game if he's not doing anything effective with it. Scores 5 a season, but they tended to be important ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                      You have got a guy who runs a lot.
                                      Oh good lord, that probably means we're planning to convert him to play left back.

Comment

Captain, leader, legend appears to be confirmed by Villa.

Comment

Aston Villa lose the race to sign John Terry.

Comment

Stevenage and Peterborough fans called George Boyd 'The White Pele', you know.

Stop sniggering, Snake.

Comment

Must be because he suffers from erectile dysfunction because it certainly isn't anything to do with a shared clinical goal-scoring ability.

Comment

It would be remiss to mention Terry's move to Villa without pointing out the absolute fucking state of the way the club's Twitter account announced it.

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/881840731551391744

Comment

Captain, Leader, Villain

Comment

Michael Keane to Everton for a fee that could go to £30m.

Not bad for a £3.5m castoff.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X