X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Mino Raiola above the breadline - 2017 summer transfer window

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:
    Originally posted by hobbes
    And apparently Southampton are reporting Liverpool for an illegal approach.

That's the what? Fifty millionth time Liverpool have pulled this shit?
    The mad thing is that every club basically does this. Why are Liverpool the only club that get complained about? In the normal course of events Southampton go into the summer knowing that they're going to sell one or two players, for outrageous sums. This time liverpool beat off Man city and one or two others and emerged victorious. Normally that is the end of things, with the selling club marvelling at all the trucks they need to carry away the money. But Liverpool frequently seem to manage to get a complaint made against them.

my bet is that someone in the Liverpool Hierarchy is a phantom shitter, and this isn't discovered until after the deal is done. You've waved the player good bye. sent the armoured cash vans off to your giant bank vault, you're giggling to yourself about how much you made on that player, and you open the door of your executive bathroom and.....
    Maybe a) City offered more but Dijk preferred Liverpool and/or b) they are sick of liverpool buying their best players.

Hardly going to help the relationship between tbe clubs.

In other news, looks like lukaku is going back to Chelsea. He is def not wanting to stay at everton

Comment

Well, here's a new one.
      Footballer's daughter's face changes colour due to British weather and he wants out.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y-exit-sevilla

Comment

Curtis Davies leaves Hull for Derby County.

Comment

or b) they are sick of liverpool buying their best players.
          And Dejan Lovren.

Comment

Ready!
            Aim!
            Fire!

Comment

Calvert wrote: Well, here's a new one.
              Footballer's daughter's face changes colour due to British weather and he wants out.

hah, this is definitely a thing. You can see this in dublin all the time, which has an identical climate to manchester. I shared a flat with two spanish lads, and they went from tanned in september, to grey faced by christmas. I also used to see it clearly when I lived near Capel St and used to go watching spanish football in Parnell Mooneys, (in 2002-3 when real sociedad nearly won the league) as all the spanish people were getting paler and paler as they became gradually more waterlogged.

Comment

Faced with the prospect of buying a decent bloody defender from Southampton (and yes, I know, Nathaniel Clyne) Liverpool manage to fuck it right up.

I'd laugh, but then I'd have to rely on Carlisle, and.......let's not.

Comment

So Liverpool have pulled out of the Van dijk transfer apparently. The ghost of tell sweat Rick Parry and his shiny suits, Ian Ayre and his visible mid life crisis intruding on job, the saga continues. Loserpool, more like lol #smellwood

Comment

Rumours flying (well, a mate's angry expletive filled text) that Salah'a deal looks like a flop sweat collapser as well. Good Christ, there is of course a surfeit, a fucking glut of fast wide players who can cut in and lay a quality pass cross or score. We'll be lucky to get the ghost of Didier Agathe (run, kick the ball 10 yard ahead, collect ball, keep running, beat man, put in a shit cross/pass) cos guess what, bet there's no suitable plan b speedy fucker in place. Fucking hayseed Kentucky farmboy biscuit tin mentality and your hot wife. And a leaky UK side ops. Fuck sake.

Comment

Liverpool withdraw from the Van Dijk transfer, apologise, escape sanction, then sign him anyway when he hands in a transfer request.

Comment

You're shit at this writing thing, you shiftless bloody layabout.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:
                          Originally posted by Calvert
                          Well, here's a new one.

hah, this is definitely a thing. You can see this in dublin all the time, which has an identical climate to manchester. I shared a flat with two spanish lads, and they went from tanned in september, to grey faced by christmas. I also used to see it clearly when I lived near Capel St and used to go watching spanish football in Parnell Mooneys, (in 2002-3 when real sociedad nearly won the league) as all the spanish people were getting paler and paler as they became gradually more waterlogged.
                          Hahaha. I suppose. I meant to add 'and who can blame him?"
                          I'm always amused at Spanish students choosing to study here too.
                          What. The. Fuck. For? Sick of the sun? Looking forward to rheumatism, 4 hours daily of slate-grey skies and scraping mildew off your arse?
                          He's admitted to hardly bothering his hole learning English and there's a photo from a training session where he's got more layers on than Shackleton and looks like he's about to die.
                          Still, it's nearly over and he can return to Europe's sunniest city with a supertanker full of Big Sheik Mansoor's cash.

Comment

I did laugh at, 'It looks like she's living in a cave,' but my favourite bit of that story was, 'I've hardly learnt any English.' I mean, whose fucking fault is that? And even if you can somehow blame it on the club, it shouldn't affect your social life given the number of Spanish-speaking players at both Manchester clubs these days.

I still look dead pasty compared with the locals (even compared with my girlfriend, in fact), but now and then I'll be shaving or trimming nostril hair or something and will see myself in the mirror and think, 'Actually I am a much healthier colour than I was before I moved here.'

Comment

Diego Costa has apparently been told he's no longer in the plans of Chelsea so will be sold. Atletico want him back, he wants to return there but they are under a transfer embargo.

Does this also mean the return of Lukaku to Chelsea?

Comment

steveeeeeeeee wrote:
                                Originally posted by jwdd27
                                Guardiola set to follow that up by signing a keeper who is good with his feet - Ederson from Benfica.

£35m for a 23 year old still uncapped by Brazil. His agent has done well there, chap by the name of Mendes.
                                According to A Bola, this deal is now complete. Ederson is joint owned by Benfica and Rio Ave, the latter will hopefully use the money well, but I suspect it will disappear much like the Bebe millions at Guimaraes.

Ederson is worth every penny of that transfer fee, btw. Absolutely outstanding goalkeeper.
                                Finalised today. The €40m fee is not a record compared to Gianluigi Buffon's €53m fee that Juventus paid Parma, but if you convert it into Sterling then it is a record as Buffon's fee was only worth £32.6m based on exchange rates at the time whilst Ederson's fee is £35m on current exchange rates.

Comment

Antepli Ejderha wrote: Diego Costa has apparently been told he's no longer in the plans of Chelsea so will be sold. Atletico want him back, he wants to return there but they are under a transfer embargo.

Does this also mean the return of Lukaku to Chelsea?
                                  If that's true I can't say that I'm too bothered. Costa's been a such a handful since we signed him (three years ago, blimey) with his on-field arsery and his off-field want-away rumours, that I'd be happy to see the back of him for a decent fee. Lukaku's a lot more low maintenance, better injury record and loves the club, though paying the premium after selling him on is going to be a bit painful.

Comment

Still, you can afford it...

Comment

Got to be bad when Lukaku is low maintenance compared to you.

Comment

Yup, the money's available, and if it doesn't go on transfer fees it'll only be spent on enhancing the already astronomical wages and bonuses that the squad rake in.

I think Mario Balotelli is lower maintenance than Costa.

Comment

Nocturnal Submission wrote: Yup, the money's available, and if it doesn't go on transfer fees it'll only be spent on enhancing the already astronomical wages and bonuses that the squad rake in.

His goals did win two leagues for Chelsea in the 3 years he was there. I think he should have been treated better than being texted his 'sacking' as it were. Though I appreciate he has acted a little crappily himself.

Saying that, on the outside, I can't see why Chelsea fans shouldn't just wish him well

Comment

Nocturnal Submission wrote: Lukaku's a lot more low maintenance, better injury record and loves the club, though paying the premium after selling him on is going to be a bit painful.
                                            It could be worse.

Comment

zahidf wrote:
                                              Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission
                                              Yup, the money's available, and if it doesn't go on transfer fees it'll only be spent on enhancing the already astronomical wages and bonuses that the squad rake in.

His goals did win two leagues for Chelsea in the 3 years he was there. I think he should have been treated better than being texted his 'sacking' as it were. Though I appreciate he has acted a little crappily himself.

Saying that, on the outside, I can't see why Chelsea fans shouldn't just wish him well
                                              His contribution over the last three years was certainly an important one, though with the likes of Fabregas and Hazard operating just behind you I'd expect any decent striker to get plenty of goals, but he was always a red card waiting to happen (though it rarely did) and he had plenty of injury problems. The attitude wasn't always the best either. Having said that, I'm surprised that Conte didn't speak to him face-to-face or even call him, assuming Costa's version of what happened is an accurate one.

I suspect that you'll be waiting a while before you hear a non-Chelsea fan wish him well.

Pogba will, I hope for some while, remain the gold standard for unwise transfer business rectification.

Comment

Costa just has to be the sort of player to gradually sap your enthusiasm for your own club. Sure your team wins games, but he's just such an awful cartoonish cunt.

Comment

Sean of the Shed wrote: Finalised today. The €40m fee is not a record compared to Gianluigi Buffon's €53m fee that Juventus paid Parma, but if you convert it into Sterling then it is a record as Buffon's fee was only worth £32.6m based on exchange rates at the time whilst Ederson's fee is £35m on current exchange rates.
                                                  It's a record because Brexit made the Pound tank?!

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: Costa just has to be the sort of player to gradually sap your enthusiasm for your own club. Sure your team wins games, but he's just such an awful cartoonish cunt.
                                                    Like a lot of the Premier League's carton villains, he usually manages to get through a game without doing anything controversial. But when he transgresses it just reinforces to overall impression.

Off the pitch he comes across as popular and a good laugh. On the pitch, definitely a dirtbag on occasion.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X