Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you smoking over there?

Comment

This time last year Swansea could have bought Joe Allen for £13 million from Liverpool but dillied and dallied so he went to Stoke. Now they've had a £20 million bid rejected and are expected to go back with an increased offer. After that Gylfi will head to Everton for £50 million and with that money in our pocket we'll use it to by back Bony from City.

This transfer window is absolutely fucking bonkers.

Comment

It would be politically disastrous with Stoke's fans if they were to sell Allen, or frankly any first team player baring an unlikely bid for someone from Madrid/Barcelona. There is extreme frustration at the lack of incoming names, exacerbated by the departure of Arnautovic. A very different position to Bony at Man City. Swansea and Allen will have to work very hard to make such a transfer happen.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...season-starts/

I really hope this goes through and that the Football League follows suit.

It would mean our season would only be disrupted every January rather than twice a year in August and January.

Comment

Been a while since Berba last gave it socks on here. Someone say something about Mourinho quick.

Comment

Either Mourinho has teh pictures of Abramovich/Emenalo/Granovskaia, or they're all effin stupid. Yes, it's only 1 game, but Matic looks exactly like he did for us - a title winner. I just hope Roman sacks the other 2 rather than Conte, but I doubt it.

Comment

Burnley reported to have bids in for Sam Clucas of Hull, Chris Woods of Leeds and most interestingly Florin Androne of Deportivo la Coruna.
                Last edited by Snake Plissken; 16-08-2017, 12:39.

Comment

Gylfi to Everton for £45m and some add ons. I wonder who we'll get in his place. Chadli from the Baggies is the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                    Gylfi to Everton for £45m and some add ons. I wonder who we'll get in his place. Chadli from the Baggies is the story.
                    We'll have 25 of your £45m, please.

Talking of the Baggies, I can't believe there's been no mention of our latest flurry into the transfer market with our acquisition of Gareth Barry, 36. I'm underwhelmed, but open to persuasion, I suppose.

Comment

Derby have acquired the registration of Tom Lawrence, who I believe did well at Ipswich last season. Probably be going for ten times the price in two years.

Comment

But if Leicester had tried to keep him, he would have moved for nowt in 12 months. Given the obvious lack of belief in his ability from various Leicester managers, persuading him to sign a new contract would surely have been impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Anorak Smith View Post
                          Talking of the Baggies, I can't believe there's been no mention of our latest flurry into the transfer market with our acquisition of Gareth Barry, 36. I'm underwhelmed, but open to persuasion, I suppose.
                          He probably has a year left in him. A year to get to the ball...

Comment

There was a space for a creaking mid-30s midfilder with Manchester connections at the Hawthorns once Darren Fletcher upped sticks to Stoke. Gareth Barry would seem to fit the bill perfectly.

Comment

Glory be, Wednesday have finally signed a third central defender, a bloke called Frederico Venancio from Vitoria Setubal. Loan with view to permanent next summer, so we're still not spending any money.

Comment

What happened to the mooted Djourou signing?

Comment

Seems like Sean Raggett is leaving Lincoln for Norwich. Likely he'll be loaned back to Lincoln till January at least. Heard rumour of initial £250k fee, with Dover getting 30% of that.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                    What happened to the mooted Djourou signing?
                                    Collapsed when the deal seemed to be more or less done and dusted. He went and signed for Antalyaspor a couple of days later which suggests he may have been playing the clubs off against each other.

Jack Stobbs has gone to Port Vale on a season long loan. Should be a good move for all parties if he can avoid getting injured again.

Comment

He'll probably get a lot more money there whilst getting to play with Samuel Eto'o on the Turkish Mediterranean.

Comment

Liverpool turn down £114m for Coutinho.

What?

Comment

We'll end up selling him in January for 60 million. A shitshow. The shitwinds. A Shitnami.

Or pay 100 million for some streak of piss Mark Gonzales II.
                                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 18-08-2017, 20:16.

Comment

Not sure if it has already been covered but this might end up being the highlight of the entire PL season.

Comment

Man City Women could probably cope with the lose of Toni Duggan to Barcelona. Lucy Bronze going to Lyon, though? That one will sting. There isn't another right-back they can sign who is as good. Maybe the WSL title will be a little more in the balance next season than the one just gone. As for Lyon and Bronze, their aim is a third straight Champions League crown. Seems like a good move on that front.

Comment

Clucas from Hull to Swansea for between £13-15 million. That's a third of the cash for Gylfi gone.

Comment

Nasri has gone to Antalyaspor on a two year deal. Does that mean City are paying some of his wages?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                                    Clucas from Hull to Swansea for between £13-15 million. That's a third of the cash for Gylfi gone.
                                                    Handy little windfall for Chesterfield as a result of that deal. They sold Clucas to Hull a year back for £1.2 million with a sell on clause entitling them to 5% of any profit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X