Manchester & London - Serious Incidents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like 2 of the attackers shot dead by cops in Borough Market, what happened to the third is currently a mystery?

Comment

Yeh, bit of a problem getting home from London Bridge tonight.

Fuck off terrorists. You sad, sad cunts.

Night, night.

Comment

Turin now appears to have been a metal barrier crashing.

600 injuries in the stampede, bringing back horrific memories of Heysel for several long time Juventini

Comment

Six dead. And three attackers shot dead.

Comment

I can sort of take lone wolf attacks, sad mutters justifying their pathetic ideas and hideous actions to themselves. I also consider the numerous mental and social issues these lone wolves must have when I provide myself some reasoning for their actions which disassociate them from greater society.

What really upsets me about this attack is that there were three attackers. Surely one of them is the lead? How many people would he have to speak to in order to recognize the possibility of a similar mindset? How many times was he turned down when proposing his attack? There's no way this is some ISIS organized master plan, surely ISIS could organize some proper guns and bombs for martyrs if there was a network of real terrorists? This is just a bunch of twats who've managed to organize themselves in a short space of time, but a lot of people must have known about the possibility of this attack.

Comment

The Turin story is horrendous. Five people seriously hurt, including a 7 year old boy; hundreds with some injuries. It can't be totally divorced from the genuine attacks, as such false alarms and panics are an intentional byproduct.

Comment

BBC have now shown the photo of one of the attackers without his face being blurred out.

http://markcurtis.info/ is well worth a read if you haven't already.

May saying pretty much what you'd expect, no mention of the fact that this is a Sunni Islam issue or that these attackers and their supporters are generally coming from the Wahhabi and Salafi ideologies that are being promoted by Saudi Arabia.

Comment

The same Saudi Arabia that Trump just did a huge arms deal with.

Comment

The election campaigns have been suspended but May has come out and made some comment about "tolerance for extremism" which sounds pretty much like her standard dig at Corbyn, so I think she's sailing well over that line that has been drawn .

Comment

May is right about the support for extremism but not in the way she is implying. She allowed many extremists to head to Libya when she was Home Secretary and this is not something new, how many people were allowed to leave for Afghanistan?

Comment

ad hoc wrote: The election campaigns have been suspended but May has come out and made some comment about "tolerance for extremism" which sounds pretty much like her standard dig at Corbyn, so I think she's sailing well over that line that has been drawn .
                        Also mentioned her manifesto pledge to censor bits of the internet.

Comment

Snake Plissken wrote:
                          Originally posted by ad hoc
                          The election campaigns have been suspended but May has come out and made some comment about "tolerance for extremism" which sounds pretty much like her standard dig at Corbyn, so I think she's sailing well over that line that has been drawn .
                          Also mentioned her manifesto pledge to censor bits of the internet.
                          Yes, May's statement did seem rather "political," but I didn't hear the phrase referred to above as an attack on Corbyn. It was much more likely aimed at the community from which the attackers came, I'd thought.

I was mixed up in this last night, to a mild degree at least, drinking in the area with my wife and friends. When my kids found out about the incident and couldn't get through to my wife they tracked our location and progress via Find Friends on their i-phones, which meant that they knew we were in the area. I'm still trying to decide whether that functionality was, in the event, a good or a bad thing.

Comment

Nocto may remember this one. Many many years ago I went straight to a midweek Chelsea game after a long day at work, then went straight home and crashed out, missing entirely the King's Cross tube fire and various calls from family and friends...

Comment

Duncan Gardner wrote: Nocto may remember this one. Many many years ago I went straight to a midweek Chelsea game after a long day at work, then went straight home and crashed out, missing entirely the King's Cross tube fire and various calls from family and friends...
                              Always a problem when these incidents occur and contacting friends or family is unexpectedly difficult.

I was working quite close to South Quay when the IRA bombed the area. It went off just after I'd left my office and got on the Tube at Mile End. When I got home there were 'phone calls coming in from all over the place, including family in the Netherlands.

Comment

May says "enough is enough" ...and extremists of all shades smile and cock their triggers.

Comment

I thought there was some dogwhistling in May's speech, accusing others of tolerating extremism but not spelling out whom, leaving it open to inference.

Comment

I think it's clear who she's talking about.

Comment

I know it's only the day after, but the stuff v Corbyn didn't work before. He can hit back with funding the police properly. Ought to do the job.

Comment

This was posted yesterday - before the attack.

Comment

Much to my surprise London bridge was open this morning, but only to pedestrians and a small amount of road traffic. Borough Market is all still cordoned off, along with a large area around it.

Comment

At any one time, MI5 and police are conducting around 500 active investigations, involving 3,000 subjects of interest. Additionally, there are around 20,000 individuals who are former subjects of interest, whose risk remains subject to review by MI5 and its partners
                                            This is interesting - I had wondered how large a scale this operation was for MI5 (and other intelligence agencies). Being 'on their radar' or a 'known name' is far from being near to a subject of investigation.

Comment

23,000 has been chucked around as a figure for Jihadis, so good to see that context.

Comment

It appears one of the attackers had an Irish ID card, as he briefly lived in Rathmines, but obviously if he wasn't on the radar of European intelligence agencies, the authorities here would have had no reason to monitor him.

Comment

Shitbags.

https://twitter.com/DanielHewittITV/status/934026188355526656

Comment

Kerslake report published, critical of senior Fire and Rescue Service personnel being "out of the loop" and accordingly unable to direct appropriate staff to the incident

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-43548173

However.

This stuck out -

◾Hospital staff were offered £2,000 to speak to the press by way of a note hidden in a tin of biscuits

Comment

Working...
                                                    X