Funny Comedy Songs For 9-Year-Olds Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure the Connolly line was 'an f-in' B' rather than a C. Maybe that was the radio edit...

When I was 4 or 5 my Dad took us with him to downtown Singapore City to buy 'a hi-fi'. The sales guy used various LPs to demonstrate the woofers and tweeters, or whatever they called them in those days. Me and my siblings rolled on the floor to Tom Jones' What's New Pussycat and (especially) Alvin & The Chipmunks 1st album.

Ms. Felicity's equivalent experience was their Dad's C & W compilation featuring A Picture from Life's Other Side, J. Cash as recommended earlier, and various other examples of so-sad-it's-funny misery.

Buffalo by Stump (Big Bottom, swing big bottom...How much is the fish? Does the fish have chips?!)

Take the Skinheads Bowling..?

Comment

Half Man Half Biscuit..?

Can't BELIEVE I'm the 1st to suggest them, here of all places

Comment

Matt McGinn would give you the Scottish angle, mostly without the Billy Connolly minefields.

Comment

Thanks all.

Great suggestions.

As far as being the first to suggest anything, one of the first comedy threads back in 2000 was "comedy is crap" if I remember correctly.

Again, requests for anything you laugh with or laugh at.

Anything with weird voices. (frog voices, high-pitched hicks, tubas, etc.)

Comment

Bowie's The Laughing Gnome ticks most of them boxes.

Comment

Whilst actually quite poignant and not a comedy song, Bruce Springsteen's Wild Billy's Circus Story does feature a fair bit of tuba, and various mention on animals and circus folk.

Comment

treibeis wrote:
                Originally posted by Various Artist
                Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) is brilliant.
                This.
                King Of The Cops wasn't bad, either.
                I kid you not, barely an hour after I posted that comment last night I happened to be watching a BBC 4 documentary about the history of dairy farming in the UK while having dinner with my parents and brother. (As you do.) Apropos of nothing, when the word 'pasteurised' was mentioned halfway through the programme, my brother instantly went "Pasteurised?" 'Cos pasteurised is best" in a Benny Hill voice, my mum started laughing, my dad went "Err-neee", and I rejoined (in Benny voice) with "And he drove the fastest milkcart in the west" while everyone fell about. Joyous. Gawd bless yer, Mr Hill.

Comment

Felicity, I guess so wrote: Half Man Half Biscuit..?

Can't BELIEVE I'm the 1st to suggest them, here of all places
                  An awful lot of Nigel's oeuvre will go right over a 9 year old's head.

Comment

Gerontophile wrote: If their spelling is good, try "D.I.V.O.R.C.E." by Billy Connolly.
                    Possibly as a subliminal result of this thread, possibly as a result of watching a programme about Billy last night (as well as the one about milk), I've had his next-but-one single after the above stuck in my head most of today, the magnificent Village People mashup/pisstake In The Brownies.

For no reason, I hasten to add – it wasn't even mentioned in the programme. There was however mention of this classic Connolly creation: If It Wisnae Fur Yer Wellies.

Comment

jason voorhees wrote: Anything with weird voices. (frog voices, high-pitched hicks, tubas, etc.)
                      My younger brothers used to think that early electro classics Jam On Revenge (The Wikki Wikki Song) and Jam On It by Newcleus were absolutely hilarious. Admittedly this was 30+ years ago but they might still work.

Comment

treibeis wrote:
                        Originally posted by Jah Womble

Is that what it was? For the past forty years, I'd assumed the beeped-out section was 'S-O-B' (ie, 'son of a bitch'), which was a sort of go-to insult throughout the seventies. Your take, however, seems a touch more likely for a Glaswegian.
                        The fact that you didn't know that has hit me harder than it ought to. I actually shouted "'Is that what it was?'' 'Is that what it was?' What do you mean, 'is that what it was?'" at my screen. It's right up there with Gangster Octopus not knowing the lyrics to the Dad's Army music.

(I'm sure that knowing or not knowing the lyrics to a Billy Connolly song isn't that far up your list of life priorities, but still. You'll be saying you don't know all the words to Combine Harvester (Brand New Key) next.)
                        Well, given that I'd never actually heard any version of said chart-topper other than in its beeped BBC-friendly form, I hardly think it constitutes the kind of federal offence you're suggesting. (To be honest, I'd have been stunned back in 1975 to think that someone might say 'effing-c' on a record.) I've not heard the song - beeped or otherwise - since. And it really doesn't compare with GO's Dad's Army faux pas - for which the lyrics were/are plainly decipherable.

Quite an amusing response though. Keep taking the tranks.

Comment

jason voorhees wrote: one of the first comedy threads back in 2000 was "comedy is crap" if I remember correctly.
                          Ah, yes, The Quiet Man wasn't noted for his sense of humour...

Incidentally, will a lot of this British humour go down well in New Jersey?

Comment

Benny Hill was certainly pretty popular in that neck of the woods back in the late seventies. My NY-girlfriend's mom was a big fan, as I recall.

Comment

Well, Coulton is American and the Conchords are Kiwis.

Comment

I was sitting in the little boys' room earlier when this thread sprang unbidden once more into my mind, and I was pondering what songs would've made me laugh when I was, well, a little boy. Thinking of 'funny voices' and all the rest suddenly brought the below to mind, which I thoroughly enjoyed when I was 9 or 10:

Paul McCartney and "the Frog Chorus" – We All Stand Together

Yeah, I know it's heresy, but hey. I liked it particularly as I had a book version at the same time of the Rupert Bear story intertwined with the concept, Rupert and the Frog Song.

Comment

jason voorhees wrote: Anything with weird voices. (frog voices, high-pitched hicks, tubas, etc.)
                                  The Chipmunks - Ragtime Cowboy Joe
                                  www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV0H5dV8ku0

Comment

I think there are a few songs which are basically just a list of stuff, like US states, or chemical elements, which whilst not funny, are clever, and usually get a round of applause when some sleb spits them out.

Comment

Working...
                                    X