It looks like otf's finest has a challenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lang Spoon wrote: Piers Morgan? If we count the Bizarre column in the Sun as being in some way connected to music journalism.

Barbara Ellen has been awful pretty much since that excellent Manics in Bangkok long interview around Holy Bible time. She'll have that Observer column till she dies.

Before Burchill became a total force for evil, she was at least funny. I've never read any Parsons NME stuff, but I bet it's all invective and speedy hep hate, but no fucking jokes. Boring music journalists, so so many. Andrew Collins and his appalling prose and bleeding obvious hot takes on music. A born Sensible. John Harris, Steve Sutherland, Ian Gittins, reviews whose content you could predict before you bother reading them, writing that is so so formula it irritated me at 16. Course, it's the likes of Collins and Harris who made the big time out of the music ghetto. Fuck sake.
    So Gittins is/was a music journalist? I had wondered, as I see him pop up with both tedious regularity and tedious repeitition on wingco's FB wall droning on and on about how he hates Corbyn so much and he always knew that anybody voting for Corbyn as leader was a complete fool, and he's even prepared to personally close 3 hospitals himself to prove that Corbyn's leadership victory was a disaster for the country. (I may have extrapolated that last one slightly, but honestly not much)

Basically, the first syllable of his surname does seem to be spectacularly appropriate

Comment

Some quality Twitter responses there - quite liked this from 'Jo Himself':

Yeah, just imagine. If those British hadn't won the war, the spectre of fascism would still be hanging over Europe. Oh. Never mind.

Comment

Just catching up with that Parsons tweet in the OP. The quality of some of the put-downs it received is superb. I just actually guffawed out loud at this one:
        he's so dense, light bends round him.
        Though I think this is the most pertinent:
        My grandad sacrificed his blood & didn't do it for a xenophobic Page-3 wankscribbler like you.Don't dishonour the silent dead
        Edit: And, what Jah says just above.

Comment

ad hoc wrote: So Gittins is/was a music journalist? I had wondered, as I see him pop up with both tedious regularity and tedious repeitition on wingco's FB wall droning on and on about how he hates Corbyn so much and he always knew that anybody voting for Corbyn as leader was a complete fool, and he's even prepared to personally close 3 hospitals himself to prove that Corbyn's leadership victory was a disaster for the country. (I may have extrapolated that last one slightly, but honestly not much)

Basically, the first syllable of his surname does seem to be spectacularly appropriate
          This.

I think I actually blocked Gittins at one point, so tedious is his Blair-felching. Mind you, I was mortified when another one of the old Maker Mafia - who I have chatted to and previously considered a sound chap - started vociferously cosying up to Burchill and basically re-spewing any of her ill-informed bile. He's definitely blocked and will remain so. This all makes some of Wingco's threads quite bizarre to follow, occasionally - amusingly so, though, as I can pretty much fill in the (unseen by me) by-rote comments by those persona non-grata based on the howls of derision that follow them!

Comment

evilC wrote:

I think I actually blocked Gittins at one point, so tedious is his Blair-felching.
            I'm not thanking you for that image...

Comment

Working...
            X