Comment

It looks like otf's finest has a challenger

Brok link?

Comment

Now fixed.

Comment

Is that the same Jean-Claude Juncker who speaks fluent German then?

Comment

And it's an official language of Luxembourg.

Comment

To quote a letter to Viz (who have just tweeted it)

"We'd all be speaking German if we'd lost the war. But is that really true, because they're not speaking English in Germany and they lost the bloody thing if I'm not mistaken."

Parsons once said that Terry Pratchett was a terrible writer, "because he doesn't even use chapters".

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote: Is that the same Jean-Claude Juncker who speaks fluent German then?
                And French. And English. And Luxembourgish.

As opposed to fluent twat.

Comment

Allison Pearson, Parson's fellow presenter on the Late Show- seems now to spend a fair amount of her time retweeting the more unsavoury Islamophobes- (including Tony Parsons)

. I knew she lives with New Yorker film critic Anthony Lane. I didn't know she was made bankrupt for unpaid taxes,

Comment

Haha! Everyone involved with the late review, including Mark "middlebrow" Lawson (the sort of gimp American Beauty was made for), Kirsty "Entitled? moi?" Wark, and the poor man's academic Eamon Dunphy Tom Paulin, I wish them many sad days. But especially Parsons and Pearson (for being the perfect Torygraph/Mail couldn't give a fuck bout the nasty plebs exemplar of Middle Class yummy mummyness as well as being a tax dodging scummer).

Comment

Knew an American who was stopped once by the Dutch police for speeding. Talked to the police in English. They looked at his 9 year old Dutch driving license and asked him why he couldn't speak Dutch after so many years in the Netherlands.

You can guess his answer to the police.

Comment

They must have appreciated that. If he'd followed telling them how they are only speaking Dutch cos... with a lecture on the (unprecedented in occupied Western Europe) collusion between the Nazis and the Dutch police, I'm sure they'd have been even more enthralled.

Comment

Some of the replies to that tweet are great. Especially once they get onto the Romans.

Comment

Sits wrote: Some of the replies to that tweet are great. Especially once they get onto the Romans.
                            You have to hand it to them, those occupying Roman forces gave the Southron Prettanic lads a right kicking. At the end of the day etc...

Comment

Christ, is the Late Review still going?

Comment

I believe it's in the process of being taken round the back. For a walk.

Now they just have to find a vehicle for Kirsty Wark's enormous pinshin and unsackabilty/ahem meritorious nous and Unique brand of analysis. All I'm saying, you'd only want your worst enemy's sprogs to intern/be employed by her.

Fearsome.

Comment

Ginger Yellow wrote: Christ, is the Late Review still going?
                                  No.

I should have made it clear I was talking about the late Late Review.

I just saw the reactionary Pearson Parsons tweets next to each other.

If we're talking about rock journos turned cunts Parsons wins, doesn't he, with Burchill a close second.

Comment

Gove used to pop up on Late Review now and again, pretending not to be a maniac.

I was interested to read recently that Caitlin Moran was a guest at the Goves' wedding. For a long term Murdoch employee she seems to get cut a lot of slack just for pulling faces and saying rude words.

James Delingpole was a music critic on the Telegraph in his salad days, I seem to recall, although that's not quite the same as working for the actual music press.

Comment

Nefertiti2 wrote: If we're talking about rock journos turned cunts Parsons wins, doesn't he, with Burchill a close second.
                                      Good grief, no. Although Parsons is more visible (we even have a book of his in the house which I must burn), Burchill is far worse. Not only is she a gender traitor but she is also appalling on trans people (although Parsons could be as well).

There is a worse ex-music journo though but I can't think who it is. Garry Bushell is an obvious choice but is so insignificant to as not matter.

Comment

Piers Morgan? If we count the Bizarre column in the Sun as being in some way connected to music journalism.

Barbara Ellen has been awful pretty much since that excellent Manics in Bangkok long interview around Holy Bible time. She'll have that Observer column till she dies.

Before Burchill became a total force for evil, she was at least funny. I've never read any Parsons NME stuff, but I bet it's all invective and speedy hep hate, but no fucking jokes. Boring music journalists, so so many. Andrew Collins and his appalling prose and bleeding obvious hot takes on music. A born Sensible. John Harris, Steve Sutherland, Ian Gittins, reviews whose content you could predict before you bother reading them, writing that is so so formula it irritated me at 16. Course, it's the likes of Collins and Harris who made the big time out of the music ghetto. Fuck sake.

Comment

Won't someone please think of the children and post an image of Viz 's talking arse based on Parsons?

I'd forgotten all about Bluto Bushell, except for the fact that in the week Mandela was released he claimed in his Sun column that Mandela was an unrepentant terrorist and the only Nelson he cared about died at Trafalgar in 1805.

Comment

Parsons had the piss taken out of him by the Tory Group leader in the European Parliament, who seems fairly sensible. He was praising Barnier's professionalism too, knowing him from a report they worked on together.

Reading between the lines, I thought the message was "He'll kick our arses, extremely hard".

Comment

Parsehole v The Clash. Harrowing viewing.

Comment

Did Parsons really call "Police and Thieves" jazz? Good god that was excruciating. Given he was painfully young but. But so so pathetic.

Comment

Sadly their supposedly acrimonious divorce wasn't acrimonious enough for them to kill each other.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X