Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lambs Silenced

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Johnny Velvet; 05-11-2021, 17:02.

Lambs Silenced

Indeed. For me Melvin and Howard was his most memorable film. Sadly it seems to have slipped out of sight in recent years.

Comment

Lambs Silenced

Very sad

The best director of concert films tha I'm aware of, and the auteur of a number of excellent, individual scripted films.

He will be missed.

RIP

Comment

Lambs Silenced

Stop Making Sense is exceptionally good, I'd agree. As are the Neil Young films I've seen. Scorsese might give him an argument in the best ever stakes though.

Comment

Lambs Silenced

I remember going to watch The Perfect Kiss video showing as an opener for Stop Making Sense in about 1986 and loving the way they complemented each other, one where nothing seemed to happen, the other where everything did.

For younger OTFers aghast at the idea of going to the cinema to see the full length version of a pop video, it was, in Ken Burns-speak, a different time. And a bit weird even then.

Comment

Lambs Silenced

RIP. I loved Something Wild.

Comment

Lambs Silenced

He managed to get a good 5 minutes of "Hip Priest" into a big enough movie like Silence of the Lambs to add extra creepiness to the climax. Massive respect-ah. RIP.

Comment

Working...
              X