Bosch (III) - with Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems slow moving and procedural in some ways, but is fast compared to Better Call Saul and Fargo. Dialogue is sometimes better than both of those. Actress playing Bosch's daughter seems to have improved after being annoying in the first two series. I'm not sure if the real-life Bosch would be so lucky with the ladies, especially the one he starts this series being hooked to.

I like all the actors but struggle with a good character having the same name as J. Edgar Hoover. I can't recall if that naming has ever been explained. Titus Welliver and Jamie Hector are great but Welliver can sometimes over-do the cocking of the head to one side.

Minor gripe: I mentioned on the cliches thread that that it's becoming an annoying trend for actors to pretend badly to drink coffee from empty cups. There is a plague of that menace in this series, presumably because cops are assumed to be extreme caffeine addicts.

I haven't started this yet, but it shouldn't be a nil thread.

J Edgar's first name is Jerry, and Hoover's is John. As in many workplaces, once someone finds out you have a quirky name, you will be stuck with something for life. He got lucky, as it could have been much worse. (I can't remember anymore detail from the books, and Google isn't forthcoming.)

As to the daughter, I never really found her 'that' annoying. I think it's just strange to see a character on TV who is completely normal and reasonably well-adjusted.

Comment

Working...
    X