The long beard of the law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, the Garda scandal is still ongoing, but pogonophobes will be most apprehensive, as a motion proposed by rank-and-file members seeks to overturn a long-standing beard ban. Still, an inadvertent consequence may well prove to be a rise in Muslim and Sikh recruits.

Are there any Sikh or Muslim Gardai? Minorities wise ive only seen a few Chinese coppers. Great bunch of lads.

Comment

Lang Spoon wrote: Are there any Sikh or Muslim Gardai? Minorities wise ive only seen a few Chinese coppers. Great bunch of lads.
      That's my point - I thought Sikhs were forbidden from shaving, or cutting their hair?

Comment

Yeah, though non observant Sikhs might go without. The Muslim requirement for facial hair seems much less uniform. Plenty of observant lads going around clean shaven.

Comment

The garda top brass have already refused to allow Sikhs to work without a cap, unlike in the UK, the whole thing is typical of the boys from templemore anyway, as soon as all the hipsters start shaving their beards off, they want to grow one

Comment

fuckin hell, the U.K. Have had the no helmet exemption for maybe 40 years now, and I can't remember it causing an issue except with Gary Bushell who oh why types. I wonder if it's the whole darkest Tipp mindset, or if it's concern about insurance premiums.

Comment

Working...
            X