Feature requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature requests

If you have some requests for additional features on the forum, post them here and we will see what we can do.

Gaming forum!

Comment

Yes, "Games" generally would be a really useful subforum for the likes of the Crossword thread, the gaming thread, Xpert Eleven, chess, fantasy sports ... (etc)

Comment

OK, I'll sort that out.

Comment

Changing your own username is an additional mod that needs installation and testing.

Comment

It's probably right in front of my face, but is there a "recent topics" link like in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
              It's probably right in front of my face, but is there a "recent topics" link like in the past?
              The closest thing to it is "Activity Stream" (from the "What's New" tab)
              You can also do "New Posts" but they don't seem to be ordered by most recently posted to

Comment

Not bad - thanks!

Comment

A minor quibble regarding the timezones.

Pacific Standard time is showing as 9 hours behind instead of 8.

This may be an issue with the difference between GMT and BST.

Comment

There appears to be a lag of a few minutes in "New Posts" updating, but it otherwise seems to me to replicate "Recent Posts"

"Activity Stream" has the added advantage of allowing to see the first line or two of each post.

Comment

Is it possible to switch the page numbers under thread titles in the forum view, so that in a thread that's, say, 75 pages long, rather than the current setting letting us jump to pages numbered 1, 2, 3 ... 75, we see buttons for pages 1 ... 73, 74, 75?

Comment

Snake Plissken, I mentioned on the New Forum - Discussion Thread that I think when you're reading posts, hotlinks are hard to distinguish from regular text. The colours are too similar, I reckon.

Comment

Does the board want to keep the friends and contacts feature, or too potentially cliquey?

Comment

You mean we didn't include you in the discussion about those? Well, this is awkward.

Comment

Can we get the rest of the X11 thread back? Almost all of it has disappeared.

Comment

For reals? Couldn't see anything missing at all on the threads I checked, randomly and on purpose. Must confess I never went near xpert 11 or the cryptic madness threads.

Did Dunc say there was a missing Nordie Qualifiers thread as well?
                                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 15-06-2017, 19:47.

Comment

On a tablet, the columnar layout of the New Posts page is such that the "last post" button is invisible (being obscured by the Forum column) if the last poster's user name is longer than eight or nine characters

This is a very first world problem

Comment

Flashing red PM Notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                                      Snake Plissken, I mentioned on the New Forum - Discussion Thread that I think when you're reading posts, hotlinks are hard to distinguish from regular text. The colours are too similar, I reckon.
                                      Changed now. If someone has a better colour to use, let me know the hex reference for it and I'll change it now I know where it is.

Comment

Nevermind. I found the Notifications thing. Top right of page, near the login.

Comment

Can I just praise the fact that everyone's favourite biscuit has been migrated across to the new board. Well done.

Comment

Is there a setting to turn the 'jump to first unread post' thing off? When I click a thread title it just sends to me to a random post on the thread, normally two or three posts after the first post that I haven't yet read. Only an issue one single-page threads (as I just go to the page number on longer ones), but it'd be lovely if I could make it stop. Can't find anything in my profile settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                              Is there a setting to turn the 'jump to first unread post' thing off? When I click a thread title it just sends to me to a random post on the thread, normally two or three posts after the first post that I haven't yet read. Only an issue one single-page threads (as I just go to the page number on longer ones), but it'd be lovely if I could make it stop. Can't find anything in my profile settings.
                                              There is definitely some weirdness going on with the go to first unread post feature. I'm trying to figure out what it is. It feels like it is updating itself every so often, so sometimes it takes you past the last unread and sometimes before, rather than updating itself constantly.

Anyway, looking into it.

Comment

A thought - is there a function to tag a user in a thread? So if I mention 'Snake Plissken (with some code or something around it) in a thread, you get a notification that it's happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                  There is definitely some weirdness going on with the go to first unread post feature. I'm trying to figure out what it is. It feels like it is updating itself every so often, so sometimes it takes you past the last unread and sometimes before, rather than updating itself constantly.

Anyway, looking into it.
                                                  Any news?

I was hoping it would take me to the last unread post in a particular thread. But instead, it's taking me to an unread post, but not the last one, depending on when I last visited the forum and maybe clicked elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X