'Ragnarok' - Norse for 'shark jump'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...only this doesn't look too promising, I have to say.

More of the 'reducing Thor & Hulk to a slapstick double-act' schtick too, it seems.

(That Hulk looks straight out of 'Blood Bowl', if you ask me!)

John Hodgman's Ragnarok special is good.

Comment

I saw that trailer yesterday and quite enjoyed it, though it certainly seems to be heading in a 'Guardians of the Galaxy' direction. I suppose the success of that and 'Deadpool' (especially compared to the previous 'Thor' movies) has had some influence on the direction of this one.

Speaking of 'GotG', is it responsible for starting (or restarting, I suppose) the 'Seventies classic rock sountracking trailers' thing at the moment. In the last few weeks we've had Ted Nugent, Golden Earring and Led Zeppelin used on 'Free Fire', 'Baby Driver' and 'Ragnarok' respectively (and working well, I have to say).

Comment

If the effects used on the Avengers films are anything to go by, then jumping a shark would seem to be pretty tame. I think the word Ragnarok is actually used to describe the last drop of milk squeezed from the barren teat of the kontanterku

Comment

Actually, GotG didn't really have much classic rock on the trailer, I thought 'Come And Get Your Love' was all over it but that was the opening to the movie.

Thinking about it, maybe 'American Hustle' started it?

Comment

I reckon that looks pretty good.
            But then I thought the 2 Thor films were far more watchable than any of the excruciating Captain America ones.

Comment

Waititi's last two films were Hunt for the Wilderpeople and What we do in the Shadows, both of which are brilliant. True, very different films to a Marvel blockbuster.

The trailer looks more like comic book Thor than the cinematic Thor so far. Thor is a bit weird and funny and spends a lot of time in space rather than being a purely earthbound hero.

It looks fun.

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot it is Waititi - that is a very big plus.

Comment

I really enjoyed Wilderpeople, so that gives me a bit of hope. Like Hobbes I thought the previous Thor films were good efforts, but recent Marvel films have left me cold, most notably Age of Ultron, Civil War and X-Men Apocolypse. All seemed more concerned with packing it special effects rather than a decent storyline and crowbarring in new characters.

Comment

I can't remember which critic said it, but with the possible exception of the first Avengers film (and Whedon has talked about that process), Marvel movies are produced in a way so as to make the directors interchangeable. I wouldn't expect it to have much of a Waititi stamp.

Comment

The Thor films and, to a lesser degree, the Captain America films have been pretty lousy. If Waititi can add even the slightest amount of his humour to it I have some hope.

Comment

"I see Tom Hiddlestone is playing the role of Thor's brother."

"Loki?"

"Not at all, he's overacting furiously."

Comment

"I took a whack from that Norse bloke's hammer."

"Thor?"

"Well there's a bit of a bruise, yeah."

Comment

"I was doing Hilda Ogden impressions with the bloke who created all those Marvel characters."

"Stan Lee?"

"That's a good one."

Comment

Working...
                            X