No announcement yet.

County cricket 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drove past Oval underground station about an hour ago and noticed how quiet it was. Nobody about, very quiet and eerie but thought nothing of it and drove on towards E+C. Now I find a crossbow has been fired!

Comment

"Heavily armed police have arrived quickly. Not what you want or expect to see at a county cricket match."

That is an absolutely masterful use of understatement.

Comment

So, T20 Finals Day.

War...sorry Birmingham have made 175.
        Glamorgan are 60-4 off 8. Rudolph going very well (surprisingly, he's been scratchy all year) but key men Ingram and Miller gone.

And the theatre? Just found out our tickets are for September 2 2018. So, I could have been there, to see us lose.

Comment

Cooke gone too.

Down to the all rounders.

Comment

Still 5 down. 63 needed off 36 balls. Need that fabled 'big over'.

Comment

Glamorgan sinking fast, in the face of some brilliant fielding.

Comment

Is Carlos Braithwaite walking out at eleven for Glamorgan? Nope. Bugger.

Comment

Salter did a decent imitation, taking 14 off the first 3 balls, but getting caught on the boundary with 12 needed off the last 3.

Comment

Good effort from Salter but it always looked too much. So now we get to see Freddie's Burmingham Burrs in the final.

Comment

Hampshire have thrown their semi final away against Notts. From 97/2 to 140/9.

Edit: 146 all out.
                      Last edited by SouthdownRebel; 02-09-2017, 16:08.

Comment

Who won the mascot race?

Comment

I turned on late and saw a mascot sitting with the commentary team. Assume he was the winner. Sorry, forgotten which one it was.

Notts score 190 in the final, batting first. Poor chap called Olly Stone, who bowls quick, disappeared for 23 in his last over. I hear he did well in the semi-final, but seriously, Olly, mate, don't bother with 20-20. Stay at home with your Sylvester Clarke videos.

Comment

Why aren't Glamorgan called Cardiff? Or Wales for that matter?

Comment

He did bowl well in the semi final. The difference was he was mixing his pace up at lot, whereas in that last over he was bowling fast on a length. Maybe just the pressure of the situation. If the Bears get a could start this target is well within their reach.

Comment

Comfortable win for Notts - that big final over in their innings was the difference. Looks like they're going to win every competition they play this season - 50 over & 20 over champs and well ahead in the 2nd division of the Championship.

Comment

I went to school with the umpire pictured holding the arrow at the Oval on Friday.

(First and last contribution to an OTF cricket thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                    I turned on late and saw a mascot sitting with the commentary team. Assume he was the winner. Sorry, forgotten which one it was.
                                    Alfred T Gorilla (don't know know which county, sorry) - we heard the commentary on the race and Glamorgan's semi-final on the drive down to South Wales for the rugby and football.

Birmingham's fielding coach should be on a bonus.
                                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 03-09-2017, 01:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby Isaacs View Post
                                      Why aren't Glamorgan called Cardiff? Or Wales for that matter?
                                      Because nobody else has adopted city names apart from Warwickshire...yet. Wales isn't a city or county, either.

Or am I po-facedly missing a gag?

Comment

Poor Dan Christian has his moment ruined

Comment

Alfred T Gorilla represents Gloucestershire, named (I assume) in honour of the famous gorilla, Alfred, who was stolen from Bristol Zoo in the 1950s. He won last year too, so is clearly the Usain Bolt of mascots.

(I knew none of this 2 minutes ago).

Comment

Glamorgan have played some home games outside the county, and Sobers hit his six sixes in Swansea, not Cardiff.

Comment

Glamorgan tend to play 1 game in Swansea and 1 in Colwyn Bay most years. If they were going for a Birmingham style T20 rebrand I think they would be more likely to go for Wales than Cardiff.

Comment

What an absolute fucking embarrassment that would be.

Comment

The start of the top-of-the-table Lancashire v Essex match has been delayed by rain. And this might not be the last of it.

https://twitter.com/EssexCricket/status/904978094020321281

Comment

Would appear to be something of a theme today, in fact.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X