No announcement yet.

County cricket 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Hants are particularly more likeable than Middlesex.
    They're a fair bit less likeable. They should have gone down last year. Their chairman's an arse. Their ground's a glorified traffic jam in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
      Middlesex 8 down for under 100. They look like they'll need a favour from Warks, but Hants are still only one down now.
      Somerset have won by 231 runs.

They move one point ahead of Middlesex, so we can say Somerset are safe.

Comment

How close is this? Three teams finish on consecutive points!

1 Essex 14 248
        2 Lancashire 14 176
        3 Surrey 14 163
        4 Yorkshire 14 148
        5 Somerset 14 147
        6 Middlesex 14 146
        7 Hampshire 13 140+3
        8 Warwickshire 13 78+3
        Hampshire need to make another 200 with nine wickets to stay up (or for the match to be drawn).

Comment

The lost time in the matches which will determine the second promotion place is working in Notts' favour.

Comment

Yeah, they are all but safe now. They have actually got on the field of play now, but I think Sussex would need to Finch opening their batting to be Aaron Finch to have a chance of setting a decent target.

I guess Northants best hope is that the pitch is now a minefield and that both teams collapse. Seems unlikely given the first innings.

Comment

Hampshire have lost both of the two in that partnership that was building. Time for Vince to convince.

Comment

Bailey gone too.

Comment

Suddenly getting very interesting in the Hampshire game. Middlesex will be chewing a few fingernails. Why does spell-check not recognise Middlesex?

Comment

Confirmed that Somerset pitch doesn't warrant a deduction, so they are definitely safe.

Comment

35 runs in 22 overs as Hampshire cautiously advance to 107/4

Comment

It's the little bit of Boycott in me that simply adores these attritional fourth innings. I also prefer Hants to Middlesex for no better reason than Middlesex players always strike me as being a bit up themselves.

Comment

Sussex actually are collapsing in a heap, but too late surely to allow Notts to do so too.

Comment

Northants win. Bottom (0), 7th (4), Bottom (2), Bottom (0), Bottom (0) - Leicestershires last 5 seasons with number of wins in brackets. 6 wins in 80 games and 40 defeats. What a miserable shower and with no clear long term vision being set. The youth policy has been pretty much abandonded in favour of players becoming available from other Counties; many of whom are past-it, no longer good enough, not bothered or a combination of all of those. Players like Mark Cosgrove and Clint McKay (leaving now) have been decent performers but as England may well find out in a couple of months time, you need all players functioning and not just a handful. The county have had bad times in the past, but this slump is looking terminal.

Comment

Hampshire now 6 down, Sid gets Vince caught behind. Shows how far behind the times I am when I was surprised to see Sidebottom playing for Warwicks.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                                Hampshire now 6 down, Sid gets Vince caught behind. Shows how far behind the times I am when I was surprised to see Sidebottom playing for Warwicks.
                                It's not that Ryan Sidebottom. This one's an Australian.

Comment

Originally posted by Capybara View Post
                                  It's not that Ryan Sidebottom. This one's an Australian.
                                  Cue one red faced person in Sheffield.

Mind you, surprised Leics haven't signed the son of Arnie on. Thanks Capybara!

Comment

Easy mistake to make. He's only been here for the last two games, including the one against Yorkshire. Unfortunately the Ryan Sidebottom wasn't playing.

Comment

When does the Hampshire game end? 6? Or is there a set number of overs?

Comment

BBC reporting 8 overs left. That's 88 to be bowled in total.
                                        Last edited by Capybara; 28-09-2017, 16:12.

Comment

That's safety for Hampshire.

Comment

Middlesex are appealing.
                                            A matter of opinion, some might say but when that opinion is that of Andrew Strauss's chums at the ECB they've probably got a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                            X