No announcement yet.

County cricket 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Division Two, both Sussex and Worcestershire are now all out, having made 565 and 335 respectively.

Updated points

Worcs = 219 + bowling + result
    Notts = 212 + batting + result
    Norts = 200 + batting + result
    Last edited by Kevin S; 26-09-2017, 14:42.

Comment

Norts?

How are the Southers getting on?

Comment

If Hampshire is Hants, then Northamptonshire is Norts.

Comment

I mean, I know it's not really, but anyway.

Hampshire appear to be floundering. They're 8 for 2.

Comment

Hampshire now 13/3 and looking like the main candidates for relegation as things stand.

Comment

Recovery. Hampshire 50/3.

Somerset now lead Middlesex by 216 with 7 wickets remaining.

Comment

Somerset currently making a mockery of Middlesex's whining about the pitch

Comment

Worcestershire are promoted.

Northants are all out in their first innings for 202 and so cannot catch the Division Two leaders. Of course, they still have Notts in their sights.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    Somerset currently making a mockery of Middlesex's whining about the pitch
                    Yes, now with a lead of 286 and still 6 wickets in hand. Should win the match from here. But Hampshire might not be able to take advantage and save themselves as Warwickshire are 95 ahead with 9 second innings wickets remaining.

Comment

Somerset's middle-lower order is very fragile isn't it? That's the second time in this match they've collapsed dramatically

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                        A brief moment to point out that this is Chris Read's last time at Trent Bridge. He's been there for my entire adult life, I used to know him, and I've been a massive fan for more than 20 years now (apologies to anyone who's had to listen to the bore at the bar going on about how many Test caps he should have had, that was me, and I retract my apologies because I was right). It's going to be weird watching Notts without him.
                        Just noticed he is trending on Twitter. Ton up in his final match.

Comment

Ton up that may very well get us promoted, if you don't mind! Was close to tears I'm so happy for him, genuine legend for Notts.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                            A brief moment to point out that this is Chris Read's last time at Trent Bridge. He's been there for my entire adult life, I used to know him, and I've been a massive fan for more than 20 years now (apologies to anyone who's had to listen to the bore at the bar going on about how many Test caps he should have had, that was me, and I retract my apologies because I was right). It's going to be weird watching Notts without him.
                            Face didn't fit, did it?

Comment

Is a draw enough for Notts?

Comment

Middlesex are collapsing again.

Comment

Notts = 210 + 1 + 2* + result
                                  Northants = 197 + 3 + 1 + result

Comment

That 2* should reach 3* very soon. Even if it doesn't, though, a draw will do.

Edit - it just has. So that's a 13 point advantage. Notts can stretch it to 15 points with batting points alone but that's not enough to be certain, so a draw in the match is required.
                                    Last edited by Kevin S; 27-09-2017, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                      Middlesex are collapsing again.
                                      Blimey, so they are: 307 runs short, and already only 7 wickets left.

Comment

The Lancs-Surrey match is quite nicely poised. Wonder what the target for Lancashire will end up being?

Comment

And in one of the crucial games, the Hampshire attack have been fighting back when it looked like Warks might be taking survival away from them.

95-6(29.3ovs) Thomson
                                          95-7(29.4ovs) Patel
                                          114-8(33.4ovs) Wright
                                          Now 123/8

Comment

Read just gone.

Comment

Can folk who know better say whether or not Billy Root is a potential #5 for England?

(England Lions have a Tour to play their West Indies counterparts in February - perhaps put him in for that?)
                                              Last edited by Kevin S; 27-09-2017, 12:58.

Comment

Too early to say really Kev. He's certainly promising, and of course genetically he's got a lot going for him. I expect to see him in a Lions squad soon, even if it's not the next one. That, plus hopefully a season in Division One next year (I'm still taking nothing for granted about promotion), should show us where he's really at.

Comment

Beginning to look less certain that Northants will win too, as Leics start building a lead.

Comment

Cheers Pebble.

It's looking like both Northants and Hampshire are not going to be able to take advantage of the difficulties facing Notts and Middx, and we'll have the latter two in Division One next year.

Leicestershire 'building a lead' is not a phrase we've seen much recently, either.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X