Local elections 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local elections 2017

wiblflibl wrote: Myself and Mrs Flibl have voted with due sense of dread. If the Ukip vote shrinks as expected it will mean an increased majority for the Tory candidate. Tactical voting is not an option here in West Sussex (Fontwell).
    Same in this area (N.Essex)

UKIP wiped out but every one of their votes along with a fair few of the thick as fuck previously Labour voters has gone to the Tories. That horrible narrow minded old bint will have her mandate.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Essex Man has spoken and it isn't good.

Meanwhile in Norfolk, the Conservatives will almost certainly get a majority on the County Council. Labour will hold up in Norwich but UKIP have been wiped out in Greater Yarmouth by the Tories. Which tells you all you need to know about Great Yarmouth.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Anybody would have got a hammering, because this was basically anot her general election held at peak Kipper Tory.

But is Labour at any point going to get out a decent response to May''s meme that a big mandate strengthens Britain''s hand?

Comment

Local elections 2017

Her mandate ensures the imbecilic electorate will blame Europe for every approaching disaster rather than the charlatans and cretins who brought it about.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Why do the general public never blame the Tories for anything?

Comment

Local elections 2017

Because, as John Lydon said, I've met the man in the street, and he's a cunt.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Labour could have said "vote Labour: more business, better shared". Something for everyone, and claiming the economy as their own. It's done "Brexit means Brexit, but we'll be tough on business". Not credible. We'll begging business.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Labour have held my ward (Sewell) with a large majority. A little surprising in that it usually tends to be a close run thing with the Greens, but the latter have collapsed somewhat.

Pretty much blue everywhere else outside the city. Grim.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Looking at the Scottish results on Britain Elects, Tory gains appear to have been at Labour's expense, with the SNP largely unaffected.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Cambridgeshire County Council seems to have shrunk from 69 to 61.

Anyway, last time (2013) it was
                      32 Con
                      14 LD
                      12 UKIP
                      7 Lab
                      4 Indy

So UKIP have just been voting with Con since then basically. A few byelections tweaked it a bit, including in my ward a LD gain from Con, which has also been held on to this time, pleasingly.

So far with 45 declared and 16 to go (31 required for majority):
                      27 Con
                      11 LD
                      5 Lab
                      2 St Neots Independent Group (WTF?)
                      http://elections-public.cmis.uk.com/Election/electiondetails/0/27

Tory majority was always going to happen once the Kippers were given the boot. This has been the case since the mid-90s. If the LDs go above 12 then that will be a percentage increase in seats, and I think they should manage that.

Some examination of the Cambridge city wards later might give a clue as to whether Julian Huppert will get back in as MP in June as well.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Results coming in here in West Sussex and the Ukip vote is collapsing - they've lost two councillors so far - but the majority of their voters are going back to Tory. Looks like LibDem % is also up but Labour % slightly down.

Comment

Local elections 2017

(Cambs again)
                          Actually allowing for the byelection gain the LDs were on 22% of seats, which would mean 14 (23%) seats this time would be par. They've just reached that with eight still to play for. Tories have just hit the 31 for a majority (boo, hiss).

Comment

Local elections 2017

I've just got in from attending the Cambs County Council count at Cambridge Guildhall as a Lib Dem party observer. The count at that site covers the 12 city divisions* (11 of which, broadly speaking, make up the city parliamentary consituency), being around one fifth of the county.

The Tories did better than 3rd place in only a single one of those 12 divisions (a solitary 2nd place in Cherry Hinton). Cambridge is a very civilised place. In terms of the two horse Lib Dem-Labour battle for the city in a month's time, the numbers show it's now on an absolute knife-edge.

I saw one spoilt ballot paper from my division - some twat had scrawled, in capital letters "NO MORE CYCLE LANES!". Bet the arsehole was frustrated that there was no UKIP candidate standing in the division.

* Today I learnt the terminological disinction between "divisions" (of a district, in county elections) and "ward" (of a city, in city council elections).

Comment

Local elections 2017

Have UKIP really only won one seat across the whole of England & Wales? Mind you, given that the Tories could be renamed BlueKIP now, it's debatable whether they've really lost ground.

Comment

Local elections 2017

I didn't win.

Shropshire Greens won our target seat in Porthill, but narrowly lost our existing seat in Oswestry South. We lost Oswestry West even more narrowly, by eleven votes.

Shropshire will continue to be misgoverned by the Tories.

Comment

Local elections 2017

RESULTS: Conservative majority in the #CCCElection. Conservatives 36 Liberal Democrats 15 Labour 7 Independents 3

Comment

Local elections 2017

You want to be really scared?

Compare the May 1983 Local Election results with the 1983 June General election. Labour fell 8 points between the two.

They haven't really started on Corbyn yet.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Labour have held Neath Port Talbot pretty easily.

Unless the General Election polls collapse further, I reckon Labour are safe enough in my seat.

Comment

Local elections 2017

I'm not remotely scared by that; we're in a completely different political scenario now, previous outcomes are complete and utter bunk.

(Usual caveat, I'm not saying Corbyn's going to win etc...)

Comment

Local elections 2017

Projected national share, from John Curtice.

Con 38
                                          Lab 27
                                          LD 18
                                          UKIP 5

That's a fair bit short of the Tory general election polls.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Well the Tees mayor will be a Tory. Just let that sink in.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Looking forward to the Garden Transporter Bridge already...

Comment

Local elections 2017

John Nicolson having a very good pop at Karen Bradley for regurgitating soundbites. "You're supposed to be Secretary of State for Culture".

Comment

Local elections 2017

Karen Bradley is thick as two short planks.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Karen Bradley is thick as two short planks.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X