Local elections 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local elections 2017

Fussbudget nailed it in the OP talking about disinterest. I was appalled to discover, after 2 or 3 days of hype about Tory swings and landslides, that (for example) the Tees Valley turnout was 20%...

That's not a huge swing to anybody, that's a landslide for 'who the fuck needs a mayor'!

So I'd be genuinely interested in turnout figures elsewhere, in Scotland etc. (seeing as the meeja don't want us to know...)

The French Pres election abstention rates (quite rightly) got reported and discussed: the English mayoral elections were reported as if they represented some seismic shift, on paltry turnouts.

Thankfully there hasn't been the full wrist-slitting stuff on here (apart from one or two) about the shire election scores, as my facebook pals are getting ridiculous.

Comment

Local elections 2017

Figures for Scotlandshire released today, Felicity. Turnout nationally was a surprisingly high 47% and a wee bit, reached as high as 60% in Crammond and the usual suspects. It was only 56.5 overall fer Holyrood. Nats got 100,000 more votes, and almost exactly the same first pref vote share as 2012 cooncil (which also represented a massive drop off from the 2011 SNP total).

We'll need to see what happens in June under a system less friendly toward tactical voting usually. Even a black cloud of doom like me will be a bit surprised if the Nats fall below 45-48 seats. The vote share will be very interesting though, and possibly shart inducing for Sturgeon and Murrell...

Comment

Local elections 2017

Turnout for the West Mids mayor at 27% was 5-10% higher than most of the candidates publicly predicted

Comment

Local elections 2017

Yes, but less about turnout and more about how people use that vote.

Comment

Working...
          X