No announcement yet.

New forum - discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please don't feel any pressure to donate. It is entirely voluntary.

Comment

Having held up the donation process by requesting a monthly donation option, I will be sorting this out next week, after pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
        Please don't feel any pressure to donate. It is entirely voluntary.
        Those two are not mutually exclusive. So I've donated.

Comment

Snake, given no pressure, how are things looking on the over/under front?

Comment

What do you mean?

Comment

Are people donating?

Comment

Oh. Right. I assume so. I'll ask.

Comment

It's OK WOM. You're not the only one.

Comment

I dropped WSC an email. We have just under £800 so far, mostly as one-offs. That does include a very big donation from one source.

Comment

And what's needed annually? Ish.

Comment

Migration costs were covered by WSC. Running costs quoted prior to upgrade - here - was £200/month for hosting + lost ad revenue.

I have to stress that we're not in any danger if we don't hit that target.

Comment

The site has been very slow to load on my Android phone over the past few days. If I stay on a while it gets a little quicker.

Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this? Every other site I use appears to load normally.

Comment

I can't edit posts on the mobile version of the site. Instead it just deletes the post I was editing.

Comment

OK, I'll look into that.

We're looking into the upgrade to vb5, which will give a much better mobile ... ugh... experience. I've got to find a bit of time to grapple with the new config though.

Comment

Yeah it's not a huge issue, no rush.

Comment

As I mentioned on the bug report thread, you can get around it by switching to full site view. This lets you edit with no issues.

Comment

Why do I get 'You may not post attachments' in my permissions? Ta.

Comment

Mine says the same thing, however I can post image links, etc. Are you using the right boardcode?

Comment

Attachments are switched off. You can upload to anywhere else (e.g. Imgur, PhotoBucket) and link.

Comment

Thanks both. I don't use external sites for my photos, but never mind.

Comment

Working...
                                          X