Game over, man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game over, man

Bill Paxton has died. Complications after heart surgery.

Game over, man

This is really sad, I saw him on a talk show the other day, healthy as. RIP.

A Simple Plan is still one of my favourite films.

Comment

Game over, man

He'll always be Chet Donelly to me.

Comment

Game over, man

He was excellent in HBO's Big Love - one of those "good guy you're rooting for" shows.

Way too young.

Comment

Game over, man

And that, gentlemen, is how we do that (or not, unfortunately). A real shame. He was excellent as Fred Hayes in Apollo 13.

However, whenever I hear his name, I can't stop thinking about this

Comment

Game over, man

Somehow I knew "Game Over, Man" was going to be the thread title.

Feel gutted by this. Great actor.

The bit in Aliens when Hudson gets taken through the floor is the one bit that my brother always talks about when we talk about Aliens. He was quite young when we first watched it and I think that really creeped him out for some reason.

Comment

Game over, man

Shame. 61 is no age.

I recently saw Lost Highway again, for the first time since its cinematic release some 20 years ago.

I don't think I've ever been more creeped out at the cinema than by the first 45 minutes of that film. Paxton hardly appears in the rest of the film though, and it is all the poorer for it.

Comment

Game over, man

I was astonished he directed the Fish Heads video. I end up playing that for my daughter at least twice a month.

Frailty was a brilliant film. Still haunts and scares the bone marrow out of me to this day. It would've been great if he could have had the same directorial career that Clint Eastwood has had in his 70s and 80s.

Comment

Working...
                X