Worst films of all time....ever!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having watched it this morning, I'm going to echo the vote for "Before Sunrise". I don't mind a bit of a slow burner of a plot, and I had heard that not much actually happens; even so, after an hour or so, there was a feeling of 'Christ, they really are going to do nothing except talk and then part, are they?'. Is "Before Sunset" much the same or is it worth a watch having finished the first one?
    delicatemoth, Bridget Jones was alright, in a never need to watch it again kind of way. mind I like numbers 1,2,4 and 5 on your list.

Comment

Oh yeah, another good one with an ex-friends cast member - Lisa Kudrow in "The Opposite Of Sex".

Comment

Friends' Cast Turkeys:

Lisa Kudrow: Analyze That.
        Matt Le Blanc: All The Queens Men
        David Schwimmer: 6 Days 7 Nights
        Jennifer Aniston: ?
        Courtney Cox: ?
        Matthew Perry: The Whole Ten Yards
        blanks need filling in?

Courtney Cox was in the film adaptation of "He-Man: Masters of the Universe" and also "Cocoon: the Return", a film so bad even Steve Guttenburg was only in it as a cameo reprise of his role in the first film.

Jennifer Aniston has yet to appear in a film of any real note. Her "straight to DVD" credits include Leprechaun, The Object of My Affection, Bruce Almighty, and Along Came Polly. The latter actually made a fair bit of money but clearly did enough (in terms of reviews) to convince Ben Stiller that his future career lay as a writer and producer.

Comment

Jennifer Aniston was in "Derailed" last year, which fancied itself as a Hitchcockian thriller, but signposted the 'shocking' twist so blatantly that the cast may as well have carried around sandwich boards with 'This way to the blindingly obvious twist' on them.

Comment

As I've said before, when I go to hell, the devil's going to chain me to a seat and have me watch these shitbombs for all of eternity:

Last Days of Disco
            Road to Perdition
            Suicide Club
            Gummo

Comment

I liked 'The Object of My Affection', hated 'Bruce Almighty', but that's Jim Carrey's fault.

Havent seen the others.

Comment

Is "Before Sunset" much the same or is it worth a watch having finished the first one?
                Exactly. The. Fucking. Same.

I actually had to fast forward throught it just to see if they had produced another film where nothing happened. They had

The only difference is that it is set in Paris and Delpy finishes the film by dancing really badly to Nina Simone.

Sorry, should have put a spoiler alert there

Comment

Matthew Perry was in "Fools Rush In" with Salma Hayek which seemed OK but this may have been the fact that it was on Christmas Eve and I had had a lot of Bailey's and it had Salma Hayek in

Comment

Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
                    Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
                    Borat

And last, but certainly not least, Def-Con 4 from 1985. So bad it's stuck in my head as the worst film ever. I'm still resentful about that two hours I lost.

Comment

BULLET PROOF MONK!

Can't believe I forgot that film. The worst thing I've ever seen.

Comment

Yep, Bulletproof Monk reeks. As does teen horror, The Reeker, which pretty much takes all the cliches and puts 'em in no particular order, along with its 'see-it-coming-a-mile-off' ending - blimey, were they dead all along? There. Saved you 90 minutes of valuable time.

Ah, just remembered...

The Covenant. A film with Teflon qualities so strong that you forget it's there while you're watching. It's got the emotional power and integrity of a dead ant.

Comment

Bored Of Discipline wrote:
                          Is "Before Sunset" much the same or is it worth a watch having finished the first one?
                          Exactly. The. Fucking. Same.

I actually had to fast forward throught it just to see if they had produced another film where nothing happened. They had

The only difference is that it is set in Paris and Delpy finishes the film by dancing really badly to Nina Simone.

Sorry, should have put a spoiler alert there
                          Arrhhh! NO! I couldn't disagree more. Sure it's still a film with the same characters but it's *so* different. Just look at how ragged Ethan Hawke is 9 years later. If you liked the first one you should definitely see the sequel.

Comment

Alien Resurrection.
                            -------------------

Lacks the tension of the first, the drama of the second and the grimness of the third...

Essentially a made for TV movie with stunning visuals...

Robocop 3
                            ---------

What? The second one had its moments but was essentially shite. I didn't know what to make of this one at all. Robocop for kids, perhaps? I have it on DVD but it came as part of a set so...

Poltergeist III
                            ---------------

I hated the second one, but I won't include that on my list as the third was far, far worse...

Comment

Paris, Texas
                              Top Gun
                              Green Street
                              Down with Love
                              Dirty Dancing
                              Gangs of New York
                              Love Actually
                              Lord of the Rings
                              That Star Wars one when he sits down by a marshy pond and we get cod-religious bollocks from some creature with pointy ears for three quarters of an hour.

Anything with Jim Carrey/Whoopi Goldberg/Eddie Murphy/Robin Williams/Adam Sandler in it.

And, Lost in Translation. A bit rich having the Americans laugh at the Japanese for not mastering a foreign language.

Comment

So many to choose from, toooo many to list... but if I had to pick one, I'd have to say that the sheer amateurishness of The Phantom Menace, and the fact that it removed every vestige of fun from what was a vaguely (if vacuously) enjoyable franchise, marks it out as a special kind of awful.

Comment

The Beach and Evan (i thought it was bruce? why isnt Jim Carrey in this one...oh I see) Almighty

Comment

That Star Wars one when he sits down by a marshy pond and we get cod-religious bollocks from some creature with pointy ears for three quarters of an hour.

I think that may be The Empire Strikes Back, which is sporadically good fun, but overrated to the point of tiresome. When people compare it, in sequel terms, as having the same impact as Godfather II, I want to kill. It's outer-space soap opera that's technically superb and is bracing at times, but has all the emotional power of a week-old cheeseburger. So when people go apeshit and reckon it's way up there with Citizen Kane ("I mean...Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's dad! I was...like....in tears!"), I want them to fuck off then die so they may release themselves from the adolescent straitjacket in which they were so cruelly restrained for so long.

It's like Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. Good fun, sure, but the way some people talk about it, you may be forgiven for believing it's one of the unsung masterpieces of cinema and a milestone of pop culture. Is it, my arse.

Comment

Rat Race,
                                      Iron Eagle 2,
                                      Rocky 4,
                                      Who Dares Wins,
                                      Wild Geese 2

Comment

Keeping the Faith
                                        Truly Madly Deeply
                                        Titanic
                                        What A Girl Wants
                                        Solaris (either version)

Comment

I think that may be The Empire Strikes Back, which is sporadically good fun, but overrated to the point of tiresome. When people compare it, in sequel terms, as having the same impact as Godfather II, I want to kill. It's outer-space soap opera that's technically superb and is bracing at times, but has all the emotional power of a week-old cheeseburger. So when people go apeshit and reckon it's way up there with Citizen Kane ("I mean...Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's dad! I was...like....in tears!"), I want them to fuck off then die so they may release themselves from the adolescent straitjacket in which they were so cruelly restrained for so long.

It's like Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan. Good fun, sure, but the way some people talk about it, you may be forgiven for believing it's one of the unsung masterpieces of cinema and a milestone of pop culture. Is it, my arse
                                          Spot on. It has some decent sequences, but it often seems to be eulogized for no other reason than it's 'dark' and has a downbeat ending. Unforgivably, it marked the moment when the uncomplicated enjoyment to be had from the first film gave way to the morass of continuity and backstory that's plagued every subsequent Star Wars release.

Ha ha - 'spot on, my arse'.

Comment

i'm going to second moulin rouge, as it's a film that offended me in many, many ways.

whilst you can name all the cheapo kung-fu and horror flicks you like, moulin rouge is worse, worse in the way that frank lampard flailing about for england on £150k a week is more offensive than someone flailing about in the same manner in the unibond.

as a shitty cheapo film that was totally godawful, did anybody see the film the jerky boys made? now that was a poor showing.

(jason, i'm going to have to disagree with you on gummo; it is a good film and sleep and eyehategod are on the soundtrack.)

Comment

I see someone's mentioned Gangs of New York. So, on the subject of grotesque unwatchable hamminess by that posh bloke who thinks he's Irish, how about There Will Be Blood? Which some people seemed to like, astonishingly.

Comment

Whoever voted Ghost Dog as one of the worst films ever is insane!

Erm, my vote would be for Titanic and the Cruise/Spielberg version of War of the Worlds. Also up for consideration is Revenge of the Sith (was that the 3rd of the lastest Star Wars trilogy, I honestly can't remember).

Batman and Robin and Die Another Day can fuck off too.

Comment

The Matrix. I don't feel the need to justify this choice. It just is.

Comment

I'm with Wyatt on both GONY and TWBB. Both are truly dreadful.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X