(Ed Wood doesn't count, btw)

The Kid
    The Gold Rush
    Event Horizon
    Jaws III-D
    Jaws IV
    The Swarm

Worst films of all time....ever!!!!

I was mulling over a fair few films with Scarlett Johansson or Jude Law in (Is there soem montrosity with both in?) but it has to be joint winners

"Before Sunset" and "Before Sunrise"

Two people you don't give a shit about walking around talking in two different cities

Comment

Guy Potger wrote:
      The Kid
      The Gold Rush
      The Charlie Chaplin films? Are you insane?

Moulin Rouge
      Lost In Space
      Ghost Dad

Comment

Are we including films that are so bad they're amusing, or just soulcrushingly shit ones?

If the former, then:

Plan 9 From Outer Space
        The Core
        Armageddon

If the latter, then:
        Showgirls
        Battlefield Earth
        Swordfish

Comment

There's so many fun bad films that it would be impossible so I'm going to go for films that I would stick pins in my legs all day rather than watch again

1/ Existenz
          2/ Punch-drunk Love
          3/ Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
          4/ I Heart Huckabees
          5/ Northfork
          6/ The Neon Bible
          7/ Dans Paris
          8/ Vacas
          9/ Sex and Lucia
          10/ Y Tu Mama Tambien

Comment

Oh dear God.

Comment

Lyra, go have a lie down. 2 and 10 were excellent films and 4 was just average but not one of the "Worst films of all time....ever!!!!".

Comment

Wow Lyra. Y Tu Mama was in my top 5 favorite films, I still think the best film I've seen this decade.

Comment

Bored Of Discipline wrote:
                  I was mulling over a fair few films with Scarlett Johansson or Jude Law in (Is there soem montrosity with both in?) but it has to be joint winners

"Before Sunset" and "Before Sunrise"

Two people you don't give a shit about walking around talking in two different cities
                  Ha!

Y'see, I love 'Before Sunrise' ...but, then, I'm just a big softy and a hopeless romantic. (Was, I should say.)

Comment

We've done this ...how many times, now?

Anyway, my usual selections:

'Night of the Lepus'
                    'The Giant Spider Invasion'

Comment

evilC wrote:
                      We've done this ...how many times, now?

Anyway, my usual selections:

'Night of the Lepus'
                      'The Giant Spider Invasion'
                      Night of the Lepus! That was awesome...ly bad.

Put me down for Mrs Beast's collection of rom-com's. My Big Fat Greek Wedding is a particular favourite as I paid money to see that

Comment

You are so odd sometimes, Lyra.

Worst films, hm?

Well Ghost, obviously. It's got Whoopie fucking Goldberg, Patrick fucking Swayze AND Demi fucking Moore in it. Bile inducing cast, bile inducing script. Bilge of the lowest order.
                        Next up, Pearl Harbour. A film so bad I had to take it out of the DVD player and throw it out the window after an hour. I wouldn't have even used it as an coaster lest it made my drinks taste of ham.
                        Then it's the only film I've ever walked out of the cinema for. The Thin Red Line.
                        Pompous, abject and so mind-crushingly dull even the action scenes couldn't redeem it/wake me up. Makes Pearl Harbour look like an accomplished film.
                        A controversial one here. It's popular on OTF but I would scoop my eyes out rather than inflict it on myself again. Ghost Dog. Way of the Samurai. Oh dear god, it's impossible to express how pretensions this bilge is. Goes right past laughable bad into an area of appallingness that could have you chewing off your own hands in embarrasment just because you're the same species as the people who committed it to film.
                        Finally there is no possible way a worst five films ever could exist without at least one film staring Kevin Costner. The choice of Costner-led screen-crime is rich and varied. The Postman, Waterworld, Dances With fucking Wolves perhaps. But no film really personifies the gut-crunching horror of Costner more than Tin Cup. It's conclusive proof that aliens haven't visited the Earth because if they had seen Tin Cup in all it's awful glory, they'd have sterilised the planet with ninja space weapons just to teach us a lesson for allowing Costner to continue to exist.

Comment

Possibly this belongs in a different category, i.e. "worst book to film transition" but I saw "The Bone Collector" recently having read the book and was appalled. A fairly decent crime thriller given a huge budget and turned into shite. Film alchemy in reverse.

imdb's list may be fairly accurate, but I'm proud to say I've never seen any of them so I wouldn't know.

Comment

I would like to put forward a film called "What's Good For The Goose", in which Norman Wisdom has a mid-life crisis, gets psychedelic and backs himself an 18 year old mistress.

(The saving grace is a cameo appearance by The Pretty Things).

Oh, and "On The Buses: The Movie".

Comment

I forgot the Cable Guy.

What's wrong with my choices? That right there is the top ten worst film experiences ever. I'd rather watch Showgirls or Before Sunrise any day.

Hobbes YOU are so weird. The Thin Red Line is a masterpiece.

Comment

Well, yeah, you have to include anything with Jim Carrey in it. He turns any film he's in into "The Continuing Adventures Of Scrappy Doo".

Comment

At least four of your choices are excellent films. Not even just "ok" but really very good.

And the Thin Red Line? Classic what? It's 5 hours of jim Caviezel gorping at the horizon meaningfully, interspersed with more filmstar mugging than at 20 oscar ceremonies.
                                  And it's got a voice over too. A voice over!

Comment

Body of Evidence
                                    Star Wars II - Attack of the Clones
                                    Splitting Heirs
                                    all of the Police Academy Films after the first

Comment

Can someone just post up Guy Ritchie's CV to save me the bother of digging up individual films

Comment

There's no point in my doing this because I haven't seen (and have no intention of going to see) a lot of really really bad films.

But Lyra's list is just weird. Five of the films I really like, and another is better than average. And those represent the six of the ten I've actually seen!

Mind you, Bored is almost as bad what with disliking the Hawke/Delpy films, which I love.

Do agree with Lyra on The Thin Red Line though. And Hobbes knows my feelings on Ghost Dog (to which he did me the favour of introducing me).

As revenge on Lyra though, I'd have to rate Suspiria as one of the worst I've actually seen.

Comment

For completely taking a former franchise that was loved by fans, and you really had to work very hard to fuck up because all you had to do was stick with the premise of the orginal and run with it (even if you'd previously casted Winona Ryder), Aliens vs Predator (especially the Requiem sequel) really takes the biscuit.

For completely taking a former franchise that was loved by fans, and you really had to work very hard to fuck up because all you had to do was stick with the premise of the orginal and run with it (even if you'd previously casted Danny Glover), Aliens vs Predator (especially the Requiem sequel) really takes the biscuit.

Comment

Comment

1. In The Cut (Parkinson was right. It was shit. Likewise Body Of Evidence).
                                              2. The Phantom Menace
                                              3. Showgirls (but brilliant at the same time).
                                              4. Swordfish ( despite the utterly necessary (to the plot Halle Berry's tits scene)).
                                              5. Valentine ( if only for the DVD extra when David Boreanez talks about the director listening to the ideas of the cast as if they're remaking 'Citizen Kane')

Comment

Anything directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Comment

I Heart Huckabees was shit. Totally meaningless. Awful, awful film.
                                                  The Ring 2.
                                                  Jaws the Revenge, as Guy said, is a stinker. Though I still own it.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X