Legion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legion

Now I'm not a fan of comics. Never was. I always preferred reading novels. But some of the superhero films and shows that are about these days are fun. I've no time for Daredevil or the bow and arrow bloke or any of that more obscure malarkey, but I do love Agents of Shield rather despite myself.
    So I thought I'd give the first episode of Legion a go.
    It's done by the guy who made the Fargo tv show. And it's mind blowing. Completely batshit. And just stunning to look at. Everything seems designed to throw you off balance so you share the protagonist's delusional state.
    If the rest of the series keeps this up it'll be a masterpiece.
    My one criticism is that tge main character seems to be channelling Brad Pitt from 12 Monkeys a little too much, but that's a quibble.
    Go watch it.

Legion

hobbes wrote: Completely batshit.
    I concur.

Comment

Legion

Well episode 2 kept the pace up. Easily the second best TV show this year after The Expanse.

Comment

Legion

Enjoying it quite a bit. I'm categorising it as a guilty pleasure for now, as I'm not sure there's a there there, but the ride has been very fun so far.

Comment

Legion

He has the same accent, cadence and tone as Hugh Laurie's US voice. It's a little annoying.

Comment

Legion

You know, right up until the last couple of eps, I wasn't sure if this was genius or folly. Whether it was going to turn out to be all smoke and mirrors but no substance.
            I needn't have worried. What a mind-bogglingly brilliant show. I don't know if they could do another one and keep the quality, but by golly, as a single season it's as good as anything I've seen in a long time.

Comment

Legion

Yes, accent (and screen ratio*) aside the whole thing was brilliant. It really had the benefit of telling a story and getting to the end. I was unprepared for how suspenseful and scary parts were. Though that might be my lack experience with horror movies making me an easy mark. Also, sound the sound design was brilliant.

*I feel that I've missed something regarding what induces a widescreen scene. The first time I noticed it it was because he was in a memory but it didn't always happen.

Comment

Legion

Just watched the first couple of episodes and am totally hooked, will probably binge watch the rest tonight.

With this and "Fargo", Noah Hawley is proving his brilliance as a TV writer.

Comment

Working...
                X