No announcement yet.

2017 baseball thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps consult with his family. They may want to wait a year.

Comment

The more I read about that plane, the more it seems like a seriously cool machine. Basically, they designed it to be as easy to fly as a jet-ski is to ride. It would be a shame if (as I've read predicted), these two high-profile crashes are enough to kill it in the marketplace. The first crash was most certainly pilot error, and this one may turn out to be as well.

[Edit: TMZ has obtained footage of him hot-dogging in the minutes before the crash. Others are reporting that he'd been 'flying aggressively' in the days before the crash. As the passenger of a newbie pilot, I know the temptation to 'have a little fun up there' is great.]
      Last edited by WOM; 08-11-2017, 17:44.

Comment

Sad news. I mainly remember Halladay as a Phillie from the 2010 NLCS where he faced Tim Lincecum twice. They each won one game, if I recall, but they were both good, well-pitched games.

Comment

A perfect game and a no hitter (in the postseason, no less) in the same season. Seems like it was so long ago, but it was only 2010.

Comment

I'm intrigued by the chatter surrounding Stanton. The big talk is that that there is no way a team is going to give up prospects and take the contract, which makes sense. But then the experts also say no matter what the Marlins are going to need to eat some money. I don't know where most of you would rank Stanton among today's players. He has the largest contract but we're a year out from that possibly being shattered by Harper and Machado. Stanton rarely makes it through a season without injuries but the same seems to be true for these other two guys. For me, he's probably a top 8-10 player in all of baseball: Trout, Kershaw, Scherzer, Haper, Altuve, Bryant, Arenado, Sale, Kluber off the top of my head would be players I'd rather have. But as big as that contract is, I don't see why it should be seen as too insane given what the rest of these guys I mentioned are making or will make once they hit the market. By then Stanton will seem like a bargain (provided he's not hurt).

Comment

The Aussie league is looking to expand and wants to include a Kiwi team.

Comment

That Ken Burns documentary on baseball is fantastic. (AND LONG.)

Comment

Good piece by Grant Bisbee on Ohtani’s search for a team, which is by far the most intriguing story of the off-season

Comment

Aaron Boone is the new Yankees manager.

Hmmm.

Comment

Ohtani will sign with the Angels

Comment

And Stanton is on his way to the Yankees for Castro and prospects.

The Bronx Bombers are Back

Comment

Well.

Comment

Comment

Serie del Caribe live on ESPN 3

This is not a drill.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/status/962413578119794690

Comment

Dan.

Sign a f-ing starter, already.

Comment

Eh...maybe he will be better for you guys.

Comment

Jose Bautista still doesn't have a home two weeks out. That amazes me. I mean, i know everyone hates him, but surely someone needs him.

Comment

People like to shit on Darvish, but I'm delighted, frankly. I was starting to get worried we weren't going to get anyone of that calibre in the offseason. Clearly so was the organisation.

Comment

Working...
                                        X