Four more? Weekend matchgoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope to see Wealdstone v Oxford City tomorrow, and, even more hopefully, they won't conceded four at home for a change...

Potential back-up: Hendon v Lowestoft on the plastic.

Two games for me this weekend. Tomorrow night sees a 9pm kick-off (stupid time!) and a First Division game between BAA and table-topping Young Men's Social Club. YMSC are aiming for promotion for the first time in 30+ years. Sunday afternoon and I am at the Premier League's bottom side Devonshire Colts as they host second-placed PHC Zebras, who are unbeaten in the league this season. Both matches should see comfortable wins for the away sides.

Comment

Preston v Brentford

I often accuse fellow supporters of being fickle and over-reacting to results. I guess it applies to me as well. Two weeks ago I was in despair after Brentford's feeble surrenders at Wigan and Chelsea. Now after 6 goals against Villa and Brighton, I can't wait to see the all-new, attacking, 4-3-3 with pace and width Brentford. Hopefully, another good performance, even though we are playing north of Birmingham.

And just to let you know, Brentford's next £10m player will be Spanish wing wizard Jota - unless he gets crocked by an Ipswich player in a few weeks' time.

Comment

As I couldn't get confiration that Turbine Halle's game was on, I've joined the sole away supporter of Fortuna Dusseldorf reserves at Wuppertal.

The highlight so far has been the teams coming out to Betty Davies Eyes.

Comment

Reading v Barnsley

I don't really fancy going to watch our season continue to fizzle out, but I promised myself I would a few months back because of the decent price (£20 for season ticket holders).

Comment

Carlisle v Blackpool tomorrow.

Haven't kept a clean sheet since October 8th but only lost once at home in the league so if you're looking for a 'both teams to score' for your coupon then this ought to be high on your list. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't finish with 22 players on the park either.

Comment

My first choice is Waddington v Burnley United in the East Lancashire League. Suspect it'll be off though and I'll end up watching something on plastic instead.

Comment

Just can't get enough of the Regionalliga Südwest - it's Waldhof Mannheim v. Stuttgarter Kickers tomorrow afternoon.
                This match was postponed twice before the winter break but doesn't look like there's any danger of it being called of tomorrow...

Comment

The big relegation showdown between York and Maidstone. It's also our annual Football v Homophobia match, which has prompted the usual depressing questioning on the York forum over why it's necessary and genuinely whether that means you can't shout "get up you puff" at opposition players who go down injured. On the plus side it does mean my partner can get in free.

Comment

In theory ; Sheffield v Shaw Lane, in practice expect it'll be off and I'll get to spend the afternoon on the sofa watching the gentlemanly Mr Hartley leading England to tonk Wales.

Comment

Let's hope not, eh, given that I'm at the Millennium for that one.

As the rugby is a 4:50pm kick-off you could always take a match in prior, providing you can persuade the football clubhouse to have it on their telly.

Comment

Maybe Arenas Club v Bilbao Athletic

Tomorrow, definitely Deusto v Santutxu.

Comment

Sheffield off, everything else locally off, an afternoon of horsing and rugby on the telly it is then.

Comment

I'm sure everyone at some point has woken up in a cold sweat from a nightmare that they have turned up three hours early for the Differdange derby that still looks in doubt due to an ongoing snow storm.

I am currently living that dream.

Come on the Red Boys.

Comment

Wealdstone take the lead in the fourth minute. They've obviously been missing me...

Comment

Oxford pass back to their keeper and seem surprised that it's penalised. Stones take a quicky, that's stopped by the ref, but not before a Stones' player is hacked down. The bar is hit from the kick...

Oxford City are a very thug-like team.

Comment

Oxford (ding!) equalise as well I'm walking back with my Bovril. Just aa Rotherham go ahead at the New York.

Comment

Going to t'Turf tomorrow to watch Burnley vs the champions in waiting.

As excellent as Clarets home form has been, I can't see them holding out against Hazard, Costa et al. Going for 0-2 to Oligarchs Plaything FC.

Comment

Hmmm. Libramont is now cancelled so now travelling to Bertrix in hope rather than expectation.

Comment

As Flowered Up might say, it's on.

Comment

Carlisle 1-4 Blackpool

Fucking hell, where to start? As if this self-inflicted goatfuck wasn't demoralising enough, we've got league leaders Doncaster visiting on Tuesday. Fans of comedy defending may want to tune into C5 Goal Rush tonight, I'm not sure I want to re-live it though.

Comment

welsh league division 2 - croesyceiliog 2 cwmaman utd 3

a journey 15 or so miles south to more temperate climes (quite amusing to hear the locals complain, they're not hard like us heads of the valleyers!!!) saw me clock up my 90th ground this afternoon. 12 months after entering a sort of (probably far too young, although i wont admit it outloud, especially to the wife) semi retirement / mid life crisis / dont see the point of earning over the personal allowance if they're going to take 32% off me after that point, my ground collecting has become far more localised and frugal (£4 admission, 60p for bovril with pepper, 5 goals and some colourful language into the bargain!!!). The 90 is a 'little' imbalanced at the moment, 84 english league 6 welsh. I have the chance to even that up some over the next 2 or 3 years while dealing with the 3 issues listed above which is probably just as well, as i will want to start on scotland at some point after that and i may need to be earning a little more than £11k a year again in order to start doing so!!?!.....

Comment

30 years ja service wrote: ...saw me clock up my 90th ground this afternoon.
                                              That's some going, even on my most hectic of tours I've only managed five.

Comment

Ticked off my first ground in the Welsh Premier League on Friday night watching Bala Town defeat Cardiff Metropolitan University 3-1 at a very cold Maes Tegid. The sat-nav took us off the A5 a bit early then up some very windy roads, it was ignored on the way back.

This afternoon watched Oxford United beat the franchise 1-0 through a late Kane Hemming goal.

Oxford United Women vs Everton Ladies in the WSL2 Spring Series tomorrow.

Comment

Waldhof Mannheim 3-2 Stuttgarter Kickers

A surprisingly good game in front of over 5500 spectators, plenty of passing and movement (despite the ropey-looking pitch) and very little of the long-ball stuff that is often typical of the Regionalliga. Waldhof went three up in about 20 minutes after halftime, before the Kickers grabbed two in the last ten minutes (having wasted several great opportunities while it was still 0-0).

I missed Waldhof's second goal due to having to head down and buy VL jnr. an Apfelschorle. And I then missed Stuttgart's first goal due to having to clean up his jacket after he managed to throw the drink down himself. Anyway, you can see all the goals here.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X